Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there at the G on that last Saturday in September 2013. The heartbreak after was like a close funeral.

However, I will never forget, nor do I want to: the build up, the parade, the Freo big footy pub meetup the night prior, the lack of sleep, the betting on the draw in case we needed to afford to be there another week, that walk from Fed Square in a sea of purple in to the ground where buskers played the Freo song all the way in, the first bounce and even the big moments in the game that many here don’t talk about.

It’s taken years to be able to appreciate and now fondly remember that weekend for every good and bad experience that it created.

I will move heaven and earth to be there when we get there again.

I am not be afraid of being there if we don’t win it, but I would never forgive myself if I wasn’t at the G and we did.
You’re my hero!!

Hearing Longmuir say that we haven't put a four quarter effort together makes my heart warm and fuzzy. Imagine what we will do to other teams when we do...
100%

We look like one of those teams that will put up cricket scores regularly at some point. Just because we can now score off turnover and we dominate clearance.

100%

We look like one of those teams that will put up cricket scores regularly at some point. Just because we can now score off turnover and we dominate clearance.

Exactly! I expect we will be a top three scoring team on the regular for a long time.

Steve Austin Wwe GIF by A&E

I was there at the G on that last Saturday in September 2013. The heartbreak after was like a close funeral.

However, I will never forget, nor do I want to: the build up, the parade, the Freo big footy pub meetup the night prior, the lack of sleep, the betting on the draw in case we needed to afford to be there another week, that walk from Fed Square in a sea of purple in to the ground where buskers played the Freo song all the way in, the first bounce and even the big moments in the game that many here don’t talk about.

It’s taken years to be able to appreciate and now fondly remember that weekend for every good and bad experience that it created.

I will move heaven and earth to be there when we get there again.

I am not be afraid of being there if we don’t win it, but I would never forgive myself if I wasn’t at the G and we did.
Yeah it was a great and memorable time. I even left my phone in a taxi that day (and when I borrowed a phone to ring the taxi company about it they basically told me to **** off) and it didn’t sour the build up.

Yeah it was a great and memorable time. I even left my phone in a taxi that day (and when I borrowed a phone to ring the taxi company about it they basically told me to **** off) and it didn’t sour the build up.
Walking to the G in a happy friendly singing Freo crowd was joyful.

The devastation afterwards and not having anyone to share it with was horrid. I was devo for weeks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2015 Prelim

Daylight

2013 GF

In terms of pain and suffering. The 2015 season ending hurt much more than 2013 for me. 2013 still left us with hope for the future. 2015 killed me. We knew that was it for us. That was the flame gone. I flew back after the 2013 grand final on my own. Had a row to myself. It sucked.

2015 I walked home in silence and went straight to bed. Put my phone on flight mode. It sucked much much more.

This is the optimism thread though!!!!

We still have quite a few players yet to find their best form. Let that sink in. Our best is better than anyone on our day.

Last edited:
2015 Prelim

Daylight

2013 GF

In terms of pain and suffering. The 2015 season ending hurt much more than 2013 for me. 2013 still left us with hope for the future. 2015 killed me. We knew that was it for us. That was the flame gone. I flew back after the 2013 grand final on my own. Had a row to myself. It sucked.

2015 I walked home in silence and went straight to bed. Put my phone on flight mode. It sucked.

This is the optimism thread though!!!!

We still have quite a few players yet to find their best form. Let that sink in. Our best is better than anyone on our day.
Our fwd line is missing a dangerous small and our talls are all 4-5 years off their peak. Let that sink in.

As opposed to quite a number of you, I think that Fyfe has performed a new type of role very well. I also believe him being forced to miss a week is a blessing in disguise. Means Raz or Brodie get chance to show what they're capable of and much needed experience for a couple of players we may need to rely on heavily in coming weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back