Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, it's Champignon Data's you can't win a flag outside this box stat.
I wonder what they actually use a metric for that stat?

Is it average score per game or total score for the season including finals?

Because it's a bit misleading to say a team is a top 6 offence for total points scored come the end of the season if they've played 3-4 more games than half of the competition.

I wonder what they actually use a metric for that stat?

Is it average score per game or total score for the season including finals?

Because it's a bit misleading to say a team is a top 6 offence for total points scored come the end of the season if they've played 3-4 more games than half of the competition.
The axis say points for and points against and it's for the 2024 AFL season.

No finals have yet been played to my knowledge in 2024 /jk

It's top 4 in both, and we're 52 points behind GWS for the 4th best attack in the comp. I actually didn't think I'd ever right a sentence saying we are nearly top 4 for scoring, unreal
Add in 3x weeks of horrendous scores. (Extreme outliers, everyone has up and down weeks).

the 2x games in Adelaide where the intent was just to lock it down. One goal extra each game there would have been handy

and that first Swans game where the score should have been at least 5x goals better off.

It's top 4 in both, and we're 52 points behind GWS for the 4th best attack in the comp. I actually didn't think I'd ever right a sentence saying we are nearly top 4 for scoring, unreal

We are now a team that scores 'easy' goals regularly. A sentence I always hoped to write but wondered if I ever would.

It used to be the rare lead, mark and score. Then chaos ball, pressure or contested mark. Now we look like we could put on 7-8 goals in a quarter in any game we play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a stunning Thursday morning - you have been for a walk, enjoyed the little one's and romanced the wife! Your heart is full and the day ahead is one of opportunity. Opportunity to do better than yesterday, add more value than before, help those around you, be a happy interaction with someone and move your life forward. You have sent your wife a loving message telling her something specific you appreciate about her, unprompted. And you are looking forward to getting home with 'FAMILY, I AM HOME - let us play!' energy.

To top it off Brayshaw, Young and Serong have all improved as players this season. They go both ways, are damaging with the ball and ruthless at the contest. We have players developing around them and coming on well. Johnson looks like he will be a brutish lynchpin for the next decade. Sharp cutting teams up on the wing, Switta rolling through and JOM and Fyfe adding class and contest with aplomb.

Jye Amiss turned 21 this week and you rightfully get a little flushed when you think of how bloody good he will be!

What a week! What a season! What a freaking fantastic life it is!

LFG!!!

It is a stunning Thursday morning - you have been for a walk, enjoyed the little one's and romanced the wife! Your heart is full and the day ahead is one of opportunity. Opportunity to do better than yesterday, add more value than before, help those around you, be a happy interaction with someone and move your life forward. You have sent your wife a loving message telling her something specific you appreciate about her, unprompted. And you are looking forward to getting home with 'FAMILY, I AM HOME - let us play!' energy.

To top it off Brayshaw, Young and Serong have all improved as players this season. They go both ways, are damaging with the ball and ruthless at the contest. We have players developing around them and coming on well. Johnson looks like he will be a brutish lynchpin for the next decade. Sharp cutting teams up on the wing, Switta rolling through and JOM and Fyfe adding class and contest with aplomb.

Jye Amiss turned 21 this week and you rightfully get a little flushed when you think of how bloody good he will be!

LFG!!!
Wait to you find out Treacy signed on till 2030.

Look out Mrs Poshman!

LFG!!!
what if you didn't 'romance' the wife, but in the spirit of awesome living the busty next door neighbour who wanted some sugar dollops in her tea, casually bouncing on thru. "Why hello there, what can I do you for...?!"Does that still belong in the optimism thread..?! Just askin'...for a mate :think: :cautiousv1:

what if you didn't 'romance' the wife, but in the spirit of awesome living the busty next door neighbour who wanted some sugar dollops in her tea, casually bouncing on thru. "Why hello there, what can I do you for...?!"Does that still belong in the optimism thread..?! Just askin'...for a mate :think: :cautiousv1:

100% belongs in the optimism thread!

Wait to you find out Treacy signed on till 2030.

Look out Mrs Poshman!

COH!!

Sexy Jessica Alba GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back