Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, with all the hysteria over a 1 point loss, the fact Amiss seems to have conquered the yips seemed to be missed, all shots on goal were great, the one from the pocket and the last one to tie the game up were absolutely clutch, Sturt and Treacy were also superb with their accuracy.

How good was he?! And some of his marks under pressure on the lead were sublime.

40 goal year coming up for Jye. Treacy should reach 50 goals. Both in the very early twenties. Unbelievable time at the club!

How good was he?! And some of his marks under pressure on the lead were sublime.

40 goal year coming up for Jye. Treacy should reach 50 goals. Both in the very early twenties. Unbelievable time at the club!
We have the core pieces now which I don't believe we ever had in the 2012 - 2015 run. We never had the forwards to truly put teams away.

This team should be able to register 100 points regularly. If we get our midfield mix right and use Johnson the right way as the Fyfe replacement we could nearly be set.

We have the core pieces now which I don't believe we ever had in the 2012 - 2015 run. We never had the forwards to truly put teams away.

This team should be able to register 100 points regularly. If we get our midfield mix right and use Johnson the right way as the Fyfe replacement we could nearly be set.

I think we win the 2013 GF if Kepler doesn't do his knee. Possibly even Jon Griffin. Both gave a contest forward and were a handy 2nd ruck. Zach Clarke gave us nothing that day, Hawks were able to peal off and double team Pav.

But I agree, our current forward line is better.

I think we win the 2013 GF if Kepler doesn't do his knee. Possibly even Jon Griffin. Both gave a contest forward and were a handy 2nd ruck. Zach Clarke gave us nothing that day, Hawks were able to peal off and double team Pav.

I agree on big Kep. Loved him. He made the impossible look easy and the easy look impossible.

Agree - he would have won some contests, halved others and bobbed up for a goal or two.

Another reason for optimism at the back end of the year is Walkers improvement. He can lock down hard on dangerous smalls and spoil well in the air. He also runs the ball out and gets involved going the other way. It has been enjoyable watching him grow in confidence and influence. He has the talent to be one of the better small defenders in the league.

This is the third-youngest team in the league. They’re kids. And they’ve had fun this year, mostly, which hopefully will whet the appetite for more future fun. With standards-drivers in the forwards in Treacy (always first to go to support a team-mate) and Serong, well, you can see the team developing

This is the third-youngest team in the league. They’re kids. And they’ve had fun this year, mostly, which hopefully will whet the appetite for more future fun. With standards-drivers in the forwards in Treacy (always first to go to support a team-mate) and Serong, well, you can see the team developing

We know nothing is guaranteed, and I am the most confident i have been with this club. And I was big on us in 2013-2015.

we weren't expected to even make finals this year, so any finals experience we can get will be awesome
I think finals were definitely expected at the beginning of the year, despite what the nuffies in the Vic media may have said back in March. If they weren’t expecting to play finals this year then there would be something very wrong in the organisation.

Another reason for optimism at the back end of the year is Walkers improvement. He can lock down hard on dangerous smalls and spoil well in the air. He also runs the ball out and gets involved going the other way. It has been enjoyable watching him grow in confidence and influence. He has the talent to be one of the better small defenders in the league.
With a little more time Chappie will be the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Unicorn is not yet quite taking all his marks. Ive put this here because its a massive UPSIDE.I reckon he is going at about 60% of the finished product. He could become as good as Jye and Cyclone up forward with a bit more time. Add a crumber which we currently dont really have yet, then watch this forward line start to tear sides a new one.

The Unicorn is not yet quite taking all his marks. Ive put this here because its a massive UPSIDE.I reckon he is going at about 60% of the finished product. He could become as good as Jye and Cyclone up forward with a bit more time. Add a crumber which we currently dont really have yet, then watch this forward line start to tear sides a new one.

I think he is showing enough with his awareness of others, blocking, protection and creating space that when you combine it with his skill set and booming kick... I can't wait! A crumber who can keep it in the area will bring his ground game to the fore as there will be more tackles and contested wins.

I think finals were definitely expected at the beginning of the year, despite what the nuffies in the Vic media may have said back in March. If they weren’t expecting to play finals this year then there would be something very wrong in the organisation.
Club would’ve set finals as an expectation I’m sure. Me too, really. Am feeling a bit less optimistic now!

Kick straight we win.

Had nothing to do with structure.

We had our chances

We kicked 14 points and another 4 OOF.

Supporters & players need to ignore the outside noise of opposing supporters & media.

We are on the up & the journey looks exciting. We’re not the finished product yet & need a couple of additions & this years learnings to be a better team.

We can still achieve great things this year & that’s exciting as we playing the type of footy we’ve been crying out for. That will only get better.

Last week we were all on high expecting the win after beating WC & not a lot has changed in a week except losing by a point which will galvanise the group & make us better.

Believe! But there will always be ups & downs & a weeks a long time in footy. We’ll be up & about next week when we smash the Cats.

Are you sure about that with Treacy and Darcy out i see us losing all three.

Amiss and Jackson to step up - I haven't seen anything confirmed by Freo yet or much other than the X post in the the injury thread. Do we know more?

Either way I back us to win two of the three.

Woke up feeling full of life and thankful! Looking forward to playing a top eight team at the business end of the year! We are in it up to our eyeballs. Playing class and talent on every line, young, energetic and playing with a daring attack that is a joy to watch!

Key players coming back from injury for the pointy end of the season. Fresh and raring to go. Amiss building form and confidence means we can expect a bag in one of the games remaining. And did anyone see we were the team that was ridiculously accurate for a change? I mean, come on now!

What a time at our club! LFG!!

As someone who has lived their life under a cloud of pessimism and negativity the change (with the use of many many psychology sessions) into a more optimistic and positive mindset has been amazing. It's certainly not been easy but really enjoying the change and this thread is a lot more fun than the vent thread.

Lets GOOOOOOOOO

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back