Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

HUGE POSITIVE:

NOD is honestly gonna be something. Imagine him playing the whole year.
He is a GUN.
His first season wasn’t just a fluke like some have thought. Look at what he has brought coming on half way through last quarter last week and today.
I love him and look forward to him bringing that all season next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

HUGE POSITIVE:

NOD is honestly gonna be something. Imagine him playing the whole year.
He is a GUN.
His first season wasn’t just a fluke like some have thought. Look at what he has brought coming on half way through last quarter last week and today.
I love him and look forward to him bringing that all season next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A fit NOD with confidence in his body is an upgrade on what we have had this year. Should partner with Sharp very nicely. I am looking forward to watching him next season.

I would really like to turn Cooper Simpson into the third winger with Sharp and O’Driscoll.

Get him a huge pre-season. See where it takes him

Depends on off-season movements (Bolton pretty much) but he's a dynamic, impact player and it'd be good to see more first 22 mins for him in 2025, even as sub.

Find this on the main board.

Hayden Young this year.
#38 in total possesions
#3 in inside 50’s
#4 in goal assists
#11 in score involvements

First full year as a mid

Imagine if he's even 5% better next season and both Serong and Brayshaw improve slightly?

We were looking at top 4 until Moose and Tracey injured themselves

Find this on the main board.

Hayden Young this year.
#38 in total possesions
#3 in inside 50’s
#4 in goal assists
#11 in score involvements

First full season in the midfield and I think his second half of the season has been a revelation. Mid rotating half forward from now on for Young! He has become an absolute weapon and I think he will go better again in the coming years.

Props to Andy who is up the pointy end league wide for score involvements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should now get a better fixture for our 2025 tilt.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hahahahaha lol

You think the AFL will give Freo a better fixture to help us make finals?

Nah the AFL will be happy with Freo finishing between 9th to 14th every year.

They gave Carlton an easy draw in 2024 despite a preliminary final in 2023

Josh Draper really stood up when the pressure was on, he was very confident and aggressive in a game with final's intensity.

He has a lot of work to do on his defensive craft, but he is incredibly advanced for his age and experience.
He looks a much better player when he trusts himself with ball in hand. Starts to give some of that run that Pearce does. Has overtaken Cox on form this season

I'm off to learn my fiancés native tongue until round 1 2025.

I'll try my hardest to stay away thoughout the offseason hijinks but, if I manage to maintain a healthy distance, let it be known, I'm optimistic as all farq about the direction of this club and I can already feel this thread manifesting itself within the roots of this next preseason and our next and soon to be famous bloody tilt!

He looks a much better player when he trusts himself with ball in hand. Starts to give some of that run that Pearce does. Has overtaken Cox on form this season
Has to stay in the 22 next year when Pearce and cox return.
Don’t want to see him at WAFL again he’s moved well past that and it’s doing nothing for his development anymore.

Move some magnet around and fit the talent in.

I'm off to learn my fiancés native tongue until round 1 2025.

I'll try my hardest to stay away thoughout the offseason hijinks but, if I manage to maintain a healthy distance, let it be known, I'm optimistic as all farq about the direction of this club and I can already feel this thread manifesting itself within the roots of this next preseason and our next and soon to be famous bloody tilt!

Huge Congrats! What language?

I can't wait to see what next season brings, I am still deciding how much I will be around. No doubt I will be on around trade week and the draft at least.

We are in for a wild ride in the coming years! I can't wait!

Has to stay in the 22 next year when Pearce and cox return.
Don’t want to see him at WAFL again he’s moved well past that and it’s doing nothing for his development anymore.

Move some magnet around and fit the talent in.
Get Cox forward and Jackson more around the ball. Jackson should be playing a lot more mid mins next year and Cox could be a very good forward.

Have worked so hard to be more optimistic in life. Fremantle makes it hard BUT it’s just a game in the end and shouldn’t make me feel this way. I love sport so will always get emotional after wins and losses but it’s also important to just take a step back and realise it’s not everything.

Now to bring on the NBA season where my team the Atlanta Hawks will surely not disappoint me……

Have worked so hard to be more optimistic in life. Fremantle makes it hard BUT it’s just a game in the end and shouldn’t make me feel this way. I love sport so will always get emotional after wins and losses but it’s also important to just take a step back and realise it’s not everything.

Now to bring on the NBA season where my team the Atlanta Hawks will surely not disappoint me……
100%

And as soon as the finals **** off we get the glory of trade week!

Wanted to 'love' and 'laugh' at this.. The hawks have at least been a club that has punched above its weight historically.

I am disappointed and just refuse to allow it to affect my wife, kids or the life we are building with work/business. I also booked in a bonfire night with some non footy following friends next week! I will stare into those mesmerising flames and listen to ridiculous stories to my hearts content!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back