Recruitment and Preseason 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the news at emerald bomberman?

Finally back training at Avonsleigh tonight after many weeks at the high school. A tough ask training 50+ effectively in a small space with no goals!
First praccy this Friday night v South Belgrave at home.
Will be a tough test as it'll be their third praccy and look to be shaping a better team than last yr (finalist div 4 efl).

Defanatley playing and has trained as often as he can. Works most Monday and Wednesday nights but has got himself super fit.

I saw Benny about 3 hours ago, and either he fed me a whole heap of crap (which he could have), or told me the truth and will be watching on this year. He's a pretty big kid though, and at 20yo, its a shame he's struggled so much with injury.

Hey Monniehawk you still out there? I was looking at the Monbulk clearences and not much going on. 6 heading out and only 3 coming in. Does anyone know whats going on up there? Will it be the same team going around again or have they landed some big fish and just not told us yet?

I saw Benny about 3 hours ago, and either he fed me a whole heap of crap (which he could have), or told me the truth and will be watching on this year. He's a pretty big kid though, and at 20yo, its a shame he's struggled so much with injury.

Tim beat me to it. Last Wednesday he was a defanate a week later hes going to full time body building. Shame as he can play but he feels his body lets him down to often.

I heard Monbulk are struggling with numbers and that apart from the clearances a few have retired and that they are relying on under 18's to make up the numbers for drills!

I heard Monbulk are struggling with numbers and that apart from the clearances a few have retired and that they are relying on under 18's to make up the numbers for drills!

Had a look at Seville last night. They look the real deal. Best of luck to Mark Holly and the fella's in 2011. I reckon another 6 months of committment and getting behind the coach will see The Ultimate!

Just to change the subject quickly, there's an add on tv for a new game show coming up soon.

I only caught a very qucik glimpse of it, and correct me if i'm wrong, but did I see Midgey Van Hoorn and his hugs n kisses playing for a nice even mill ?

Can the Upwey connection fill us all in ???

Jesus Tim! I was hoping I might sneak under the radar. Copped a massive media fine and the boys are having a field day down at Tigerland. Thank christ it's all over on Monday.

Jesus Tim! I was hoping I might sneak under the radar. Copped a massive media fine and the boys are having a field day down at Tigerland. Thank christ it's all over on Monday.
Midge as all good leaders do is donating all his winnings to the club and purchasing a few slabs for the bloke in the back office

Hey Monniehawk you still out there? I was looking at the Monbulk clearences and not much going on. 6 heading out and only 3 coming in. Does anyone know whats going on up there? Will it be the same team going around again or have they landed some big fish and just not told us yet?

mmm interesting, Im not involved in coaching side this year but I had a quick look @ the clearances & this is the facts I can see:

3 played 98% in the Ressies last year & played in the ressies GF
1 hasnt played for 3-4yrs so not sure why a clearance is needed
2 played a fair bit of seniors last year - 1 of these u18's trying to make it in the big smoke. The other lives down the line.
2 Senior Ins
Retirements as far as I know 3 old blokes from the ressies no seniors that I can think of.

Similar team I would have thought with several u18's who played finals the last 2 years....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Stuff Cagga - you can not hold a player back from having a go at a higher standard. This is something Monbulk have done very well over the years - released players without a fuss only to be rewarded in the latter years when they return with a mate or two. Can you tell us anything about the recruits? Healesville have there first praccy tomorrow against croydon - going to be a big test. Hopefully will sign up a potential high profile recruit who is playing with us on saturday.

Still need to get over teams like Kinglake, Junction.
Even heard Powelltown picked up a few handy recruits and they were able to challenge teams like Seville and Junstion last year.
Should be a interesting year in Divvy 2.

Great time killer at work, the valley vision videos on the YVMDFL website. Good preseason insight into a few clubs. Look forward to seeing the new facilities at Belgrave this year!

Great time killer at work, the valley vision videos on the YVMDFL website. Good preseason insight into a few clubs. Look forward to seeing the new facilities at Belgrave this year!

the vid's are a great initiative by the league. I wonder if any other leagues do that.

I think with thornton gone there would be no bye in divvy 2. i guess some teams would play each other three times instead of two.

Is there any truth in the Thornton rumour?
Are they folding, going to another league?

They are gone this year...hopefully just need a year to re-group. They didnt get the help or media coverage as some other clubs after the fires and i think that really put them under the pump. Hope 2 see them in 2012!

They are gone this year...hopefully just need a year to re-group. They didnt get the help or media coverage as some other clubs after the fires and i think that really put them under the pump. Hope 2 see them in 2012!

Yes it's a shame for them and the rest of Div 2. Rumoured that the league are going to keep a Final 5 in an eight team comp for financial reasons. Seems a bit "rich".

Yes it's a shame for them and the rest of Div 2. Rumoured that the league are going to keep a Final 5 in an eight team comp for financial reasons. Seems a bit "rich".

I think still having a 5 is ok, gives an extra club a chance 2 play finals and something to hang their hat on when recruiting. May give the U/18s some much needed finals experience also.

They didnt get the help or media coverage as some other clubs after the fires and i think that really put them under the pump. Hope 2 see them in 2012!

Tend to agree a little bit there YGT. Got to know Bernie Hourigan a little bit the past few years and a better bloke with passion for just footy in general you'd battle to find. Id say that for the TEFNC as a whole having competed against them since about 2002/3 in the old CGFL days. Let's just hope they can dust themselve's off and get up and about again for 2012.

In 2009 and only probly 4-5 weeks after the devastation of what many of you had to encounter I took the side I was coaching up to Thornton for a praccy game and I couldn't believe some of the numbers I was hearing in terms damage and loss by many directly involved with the club from the Marysville and surrounding region. For them to even participate that year without all the support as mention just shows the quality of people we're talking about.

They've been thru just as much grief as any this past couple of years and to now lose a season from their beloved footy club must be difficult to say the least in a small community.

Tend to agree a little bit there YGT. Got to know Bernie Hourigan a little bit the past few years and a better bloke with passion for just footy in general you'd battle to find. Id say that for the TEFNC as a whole having competed against them since about 2002/3 in the old CGFL days. Let's just hope they can dust themselve's off and get up and about again for 2012.

In 2009 and only probly 4-5 weeks after the devastation of what many of you had to encounter I took the side I was coaching up to Thornton for a praccy game and I couldn't believe some of the numbers I was hearing in terms damage and loss by many directly involved with the club from the Marysville and surrounding region. For them to even participate that year without all the support as mention just shows the quality of people we're talking about.

They've been thru just as much grief as any this past couple of years and to now lose a season from their beloved footy club must be difficult to say the least in a small community.
Bloody oath! Damn shame! Used to love playin Thorton-Eildon in the old CGFL days, always a great 4 stubby road trip home after a tough physical day's footy against a hard-at-it bunch of local blokes that always played with heart for their local jumper.... Hope all works out and they can get themselves up and running in 2012!

Good Stuff Cagga - you can not hold a player back from having a go at a higher standard. This is something Monbulk have done very well over the years - released players without a fuss only to be rewarded in the latter years when they return with a mate or two. Can you tell us anything about the recruits? Healesville have there first praccy tomorrow against croydon - going to be a big test. Hopefully will sign up a potential high profile recruit who is playing with us on saturday.

So how did Stolly play and will he $ign?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruitment and Preseason 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back