Redo the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheppard with a bullet this season

Hopefully he backs it up next year as well - has put himself right into the mix of the bottom half of the top 10

Sheppard has been excellent. Jamie MacMillan is another from this draft who has really come on, especially in the second half of the year. Kind of makes up for Black and Bastinac regressing significantly.

Gee their stats at the same age are similar - Cunners tripled his clearances. B&F in a top 4 side last year showed the level he went to.

You are comparing Barlow in his 1st & 2nd seasons (he came back from a broken leg in his 2nd) to a guy in his 5th & 6th seasons, seems fair :drunk:

LOL trippled his clearances, he played 12 more games. Surely with that many more games he would have Barlow covered in every stat known especially since it was a BnF year and all, but we both know thats just not true.

Barlow had 12 Brownlow votes from 13 games in 2010 and 2014 Cunnington got 13 from 22, im not sure you seen much of Barlow in 2010.

Same reason you prefer Fyfe. You follow freo. Dont kid yourself, it isnt that cut and dried.
Yes it is. Fyfe by a country mile. You r kidding yourself if u think Martin is better.

Fyfe v Martin.....I know who I would rather take any day of th week.

No 2012. He played a full year. Cunners is coming into his prime. His last 2 year have been as good if not better.

Triple - averages - not total numbers. Cunners is a much better inside clearance mid.

You said at the same age did you not, just here...

Gee their stats at the same age are similar

so 2010 vs 2014 & 2011 vs 2015

Trippled his "average" in clearances, oh so this one is about this year not same age. Nice pick a stat that one, what about the others.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe
M
With 3 full seasons under their belts we can now start to see who made some big mistakes but more importantly who got the picks right and who got really lucky.

Here is how the top 20 from 2009 AFL Draft was played out.
1 Tom Scully
2 Jack Trengove
3 Dustin Martin
4 Anthony Morabito
5 Ben Cunnington
6 Gary Rohan
7 Brad Sheppard
8 John Butcher
9 Andrew Moore
10 Jake Meltsham
11 Jordan Gysberts
12 Kane Lucas
13 Daniel Talia
14 Lewis Jetta
15 Christian Howard
16 Jasper Pittard
17 Daniel Menzel
18 Luke Tapscott
19 Benjamin Griffiths
20 Nathan Fyfe

Here are a few that went after.

21 Ryan Bastinac
24 Jake Carlisle
26 Travis Colyer
27 Callum Bartlett
28 Mitch Duncan
38 Sam Reid
40 Allen Christensen
42 Nathan Vardy
45 Sam Shaw

And the Rookie Draft

2 Michael Coad
3 Sam Iles
8 Michael Barlow
9 Majak Daw
24 Alex Silvagni
40 Ashton Hams
43 Stewart Crameri
46 Matthew Jaensch
50 James Podsiadly
76 Claye Beams

A few major talking points I would like to here is, how do Dee's supporters rate Scully, would they have taken him at 1 now (not knowing he was leaving) and how your top 20 would be.

P.S. I hope this thread lasts a bit longer than the last one.[/

Fyfe
Martin
Talia
Barlow
Duncan
Cunnington
Christensen
Carlisle
Reid
Jetta

I'm astonished that everyone rated Jetta. I have never rated Jetta and never will.
He just isn't clean with his disposal when under great pressure. Only performs well when his team is on top(passenger).

You said at the same age did you not, just here...

so 2010 vs 2014 & 2011 vs 2015

Trippled his "average" in clearances, oh so this one is about this year not same age. Nice pick a stat that one, what about the others.
He looks shot to pieces. He is barely best 22 in a bottom 4 side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Redo the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back