Redo the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not because he isn't in their best 22 this year though...

Moreso because he is unlikely to be in their best 22 in 2018

Na, since day one Ross is all about players playing their part in the team and MBarlow just isnt doing his bit, im not sure what Ross expected playing a plodder like him on a hff though!

Its all about them playing their parts, its why CMayne and DPeace continue to get games...

Last edited:
Hoping that Daniel Menzel starts to remind all of his considerable skills and excitement despite his travails over the years. He's been inaccurate this year so far, but to be frank one could scarcely be happier at how he has been able to come back and move like he once did.

I'd argue he has plenty of class, what Martin has though is more goal sense and a more penetrating kick.
To put it simply, Cunnington is a good player, Martin just happens to be a bit better. Not diminishing Cunnington by the way, Martin is pretty much elite which would put him in the top 20 or 30 players going around (in my opinion of course). I'd be happy with either at my club!

Hoping that Daniel Menzel starts to remind all of his considerable skills and excitement despite his travails over the years. He's been inaccurate this year so far, but to be frank one could scarcely be happier at how he has been able to come back and move like he once did.
It is a great story. The mini doco on him that was on Foxtel was a great watch. I am no cats fan but I'd love to see Menzel do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd argue he has plenty of class, what Martin has though is more goal sense and a more penetrating kick.
Cunningham is sort of a meat and potatoes sort of player, a very good one but a clear level below Martin this year, especially now that Martin has gotten more consistent.

This is a fantastic effort, posted back in 2012 makes it even more impressive.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I'd be inclined to swap Jetta and Scully with Duncan and Gunston.

Never been impressed with Jetta.

This is a fantastic effort, posted back in 2012 makes it even more impressive.

Everyone who had a clue had the top 2 as Fyfe and Martin, maybe in a different order but it was those 2, the next 3 dont really have claim in the top 5.

Cunnington could.
Scully will, but not after only 1 one and a half good seasons.
Jetta, oh **** no!

Better
Better contested mark? Seriously, Dustin would make Fyfe look stupid. Whenever Dusty goes forward he usally get's the best defender for a reason.... You think 1 player getting suspended cost us finals? Your kidding yourself, I'd still take Dusty on sleeping pills then Fyfe. At least we no Dusty won't have a shit shoulder his whole career.

And a shit leg too...

I reckon big Maxy Gawn should be a lock in the top 3

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly but looking through the first few pages his list stands head and shoulders above the others.

I would have all those mentioned players in my top 10. Every other list had some pretty trash top 5's

My thoughts exactly but looking through the first few pages his list stands head and shoulders above the others.

I would have all those mentioned players in my top 10. Every other list had some pretty trash top 5's

As an Eagles fan i would rate more valuable than jetta. Jetta's honours are all back off one season but Shepard has just started playing to his potential after injury and poor management ruined the early part of his career. Shep won our player of the finals award last year in his first final series and only one of the two players who didnt get the colours lowered in the grand final. He may not have the flash of a jetta but he is one tough mofo for his size and his ability to play on guys much taller makes him an asset to our side.

Casboult at 44 and Podsiadily at 50 (played in a premiership) in the Rookie draft are decent picks. Collingwood took Luke Ball at 30, and played in their premiership. Duryea's managed 2 premierships to date.

Fyfe
Gunston
Ball
Gawn
Duncan
Scully
Duryea
Podsiadily
Martin
Barlow
Gawn, Duncan, Scully, Duryea, Podsiadily are not better players than Dustin Martin... They may be more accredited in awards... So is Mark Blake. But a better footballer? I think not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Redo the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back