Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought this at Eumundi market - works a treat on stiff lower back and glutes

View attachment 2059346

I need that bad.

For some time now people have commented on Reefs lack of tank. I would have thought that he would have done a lot of work on a highlighted deficiency. If I had AFL standard talent and my tank was identified as a weakness holding me back, I would have rectified it quick smart, it’s the simplest deficiency to rectify IMHO. Just saying, how bad does he want it?

AFL midfielder-level endurance is not the simplest deficiency to rectify.

It's much easier to put on 2-3 kg of muscle than it is to increase VO2 max.

It makes you wonder how much attention some posters actually pay to other teams & their players. Particularly their young, developing players.

Not just the stars we all hear about.
Sadly - they forget the patience needed for talls to develop. And then want them cut, to only later complain Hine doesn’t pick talls.
It’s illogical.

Had an excellent last 6 weeks of the vfl season last year. Looked clear above the lvl. In the forward line that is. Hasn’t reached that form line again so far

Had an excellent last 6 weeks of the vfl season last year. Looked clear above the lvl. In the forward line that is. Hasn’t reached that form line again so far
His VFL forward line form has been really disappointing this year. There was one ripping game, but he's been invisible most of the time. He's shown something in the middle for short stints though - which he hadn't done previously. I do like the idea of defence.

His VFL forward line form has been really disappointing this year. There was one ripping game, but he's been invisible most of the time. He's shown something in the middle for short stints though - which he hadn't done previously. I do like the idea of defence.
The Tarrant transition :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol and after how many games as a sub lucky to play 20 mins of footy.

Really don't get the development path for him and Fin. No consistency or faith shown for a block of games.

Spot on.

Unfortunately, Can't post any criticism as we won a flag last year.

Nothing in life is linear

Reef’s going at 1.4 goals p/game in 2024 with a tick over 50% average game time

So at nearly 100% game time he’d be tracking at closer to 2.8 goals p/game, right! At 2.8 goals p/game he’d be in Coleman conversations

If he ever played as a true flanker or 3rd tall instead of coming in to back-fill a busted forward line as the KPF, he might get the oppo’s 3rd best defender instead of one of their two keys

Aerobic capacity & lateral movement (core) need improvement, sure, but at 21 yo he still has (should have) time.

He’s also 194 cms, has nice hair and projects as someone who, at a non-linear pinch, could play forward, back or on-ball (in v.short bursts).

Life ain’t often linear especially when you have nice hair.

.......He’s also 194 cms, has nice hair and projects as someone who, at a non-linear pinch, could play forward, back or on-ball (in v.short bursts).

Life ain’t often linear especially when you have nice hair
A lot of my work involves process analysis - I'm fascinated to learn of the (non) link between linearity and hair - now hoping I don't have to ever work with Bayley Fritsch

Nothing in life is linear

Reef’s going at 1.4 goals p/game in 2024 with a tick over 50% average game time

So at nearly 100% game time he’d be tracking at closer to 2.8 goals p/game, right! At 2.8 goals p/game he’d be in Coleman conversations

If he ever played as a true flanker or 3rd tall instead of coming in to back-fill a busted forward line as the KPF, he might get the oppo’s 3rd best defender instead of one of their two keys

Aerobic capacity & lateral movement (core) need improvement, sure, but at 21 yo he still has (should have) time.

He’s also 194 cms, has nice hair and projects as someone who, at a non-linear pinch, could play forward, back or on-ball (in v.short bursts).

Life ain’t often linear especially when you have nice hair.

took the top 12 CFC names per goals scored (2024) and adjusted for games played and respective average ToG %

in this world of adjusted GLS (goals scored) per Minutes Played, Reefer is well & truly ahead running at a goal every 37 mins played

net net, Reef is by far our most effective / potent attacking weapon in spite of the yo'yo selection strategy and in spite of having the nicest hair at the AIA

RankNameGamesGoalsAvg ToG%Mins p/ToG*Mins p/Goal
1Reef McInnes9130.5448637
2Brody Mihocek11190.8694650
3Jamie Elliott11180.8391351
4Bobby Hill19250.79150160
5Lachlan Schultz16210.82131262
6Harvey Harrison12110.6679272
7Will Hoskin-Elliott16130.79126497
8Patrick Lipinski19150.821558104
9Nick Daicos19150.851615108
10Jordan De Goey1280.841008126
11Jack Crisp19110.771463133