Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

All the defenders play with so much more confidence when Howe is back. We're going to really miss him when he retires.

If it's this year, I guess the last match against Dees would be fitting. But I hope he wants to play on.
Jeremy Howe - under rated when he crossed to us - what a superb player he's turned out to be - thanks Jeremy

All the defenders play with so much more confidence when Howe is back. We're going to really miss him when he retires.

If it's this year, I guess the last match against Dees would be fitting. But I hope he wants to play on.
He'll play on. He's playing really well. I think he's been our best defender and best forward when he's gone there over the last 2 months.

He'll play on. He's playing really well. I think he's been our best defender and best forward when he's gone there over the last 2 months.
Can you refuse someone a contract if they hit a trigger? Fly's comments this afternoon when talking about Howe's future was non committal.

Can you refuse someone a contract if they hit a trigger? Fly's comments this afternoon when talking about Howe's future was non committal.
If he's talking about 1, he'll have to talk about them all. We'd be mad to shed Howe if he wants to play on. It'll happen and be announced when they decide to announce it.

If he's talking about 1, he'll have to talk about them all. We'd be mad to shed Howe if he wants to play on. It'll happen and be announced when they decide to announce it.
I think he'll play on for 1 more year.

Decisions for he rest of the OOC will have to come soon.
Which might explain why they are trialling Reef in defence. To see if he can be versatile and add things that makes him more valuable than others.

I'm sure he'll play on. He more or less said so in a recent interview.

God yes,Howe should play on next year.He’s in great form and he’s moving exceptionally well for a 34 year old man.Sidey is the one I’d be worried about retiring.He’s just looked so old and slow this year.

Hope so, rather Sidey retires this year first.

Bit harsh on sideswipe but many would agree with you.

God yes,Howe should play on next year.He’s in great form and he’s moving exceptionally well for a 34 year old man.Sidey is the one I’d be worried about retiring.He’s just looked so old and slow this year.

I think he'll go on for more than just next year. Speckies have dried up, but he's still got clean hands, killing balls and he kicks it from defence as well as anyone going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll go on for more than just next year. Speckies have dried up, but he's still got clean hands, killing balls and he kicks it from defence as well as anyone going around.

I reckon he's been pretty good the last few weeks since he's got some games under his belt. Nurse him through 2025 and hope he is fit at finals time and he is a difference maker.

Reef McInnes thread that hasn’t been about Reef for this entire page

I really wish we’d actually play the kid in the middle for once. You know, the position he was recruited for?

Reef McInnes thread that hasn’t been about Reef for this entire page

I really wish we’d actually play the kid in the middle for once. You know, the position he was recruited for?
He was projected as a mid, but he didn't play under 18s midfield - was supposedly set to in 2020, but then covid hit - Ginnivan was also supposedly set to play midfield in under 18s that year. Reef doesn't have runs on the board as a midfielder at any level, and doesn't look to have the running capacity for it either

Not wanting to derail the Reef thread but I hope the club staggers the departures of Sidey, Howe and Pendles. It would be too big a hole to fill if all three left at the same time.
I think the coaches / FD might be across this ...

He was projected as a mid, but he didn't play under 18s midfield - was supposedly set to in 2020, but then covid hit - Ginnivan was also supposedly set to play midfield in under 18s that year. Reef doesn't have runs on the board as a midfielder at any level, and doesn't look to have the running capacity for it either

Well his speed was always my query on him. Yet a lot of posters insist he’s quick.

Every time I’ve seen him play, “quick” is the last thing I’d think of describe him.

Well his speed was always my query on him. Yet a lot of posters insist he’s quick.

Every time I’ve seen him play, “quick” is the last thing I’d think of describe him.
He's quick - I've seen him turn on the jets a couple of times with the ball at VFL and blow a chaser away, or get separation really easily on the lead. I think it's more that he can't repeat effort and is knackered, moving at half pace most of the time - making him look slow, unable to chase and ruling out much time in the midfield.

He's quick - I've seen him turn on the jets a couple of times with the ball at VFL and blow a chaser away, or get separation really easily on the lead. I think it's more that he can't repeat effort and is knackered, moving at half pace most of the time - making him look slow, unable to chase and ruling out much time in the midfield.

Fair enough

Very possible I missed the pace on the first effort because the mids didn’t take first option so I only saw the much slower repeat effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back