Registration day for grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

do priority 1 ballot get better "leftovers" than priority 2?
ie those who bought the upgrade will get allocated the best available seats and then whats left (which may still contain good seats) goes into the 2pm prioorty 2 ballot?

Not that I'm aware of. If Priority 1 members fail to register within the allotted time they forfeit any rights and privileges they'd have received (i.e. guaranteed ticket) and then fall in to the same bucket as Priority 2. Priority 2 will then be randomly drawn / allocated in the same manner, so they'd be treated just like any other general member.

Not that I'm aware of. If Priority 1 members fail to register within the allotted time they forfeit any rights and privileges they'd have received (i.e. guaranteed ticket) and then fall in to the same bucket as Priority 2. Priority 2 will then be randomly drawn / allocated in the same manner, so they'd be treated just like any other general member.

sorry i didnt make myself clear
if there's a finite number of tickets allocated to freo say 15k seats;
and call that 5k good seats 5 k middling seats 5k nosebeed seats/standing
will the priority 1 ballot people get all of the 5k good seats?

I'm not really sure, to be honest. Can't find any definitive information either way so will leave it for somebody with more knowledge than I to answer.

Edit: This post...
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/grand-final-tickets.1025060/page-8#post-30091222
...implies that the ballot starts at "best available" and works backwards in the random allocation. Implication being that Ballot 1 (Priority 1) would start with best available and work backwards. When that ballot is complete, Ballot 2 opens for registration and then allocates the remaining seats from best available to worst.

you would think so, but rules keep changing on everything! only 1 minute to go for priority1! :)

Sigh..I won't be able to make it over if we make it so looks like my barcodes will go to waste. Would love to help someone out but can't really trust giving them to someone else as I still want to buy prelim tickets with those codes on Monday.

For the Hawks ballot the seats are allocated randomly.
Last year some priority 1 (guaranteed) members ended up with seats in nose bleeds whilst some priority 2 members got great seats on level 1. The only guarantee is that priority 1 get a seat.
Not sure how Freo do it but I imagine Ticketek are instructed to do it the same way for each club.

Sigh..I won't be able to make it over if we make it so looks like my barcodes will go to waste. Would love to help someone out but can't really trust giving them to someone else as I still want to buy prelim tickets with those codes on Monday.
Please pm me, I could use 2 more tickets , absolutely genuine. Thanks, freodoc
We are 2 but 4 would be better

For the Hawks ballot the seats are allocated randomly.
Last year some priority 1 (guaranteed) members ended up with seats in nose bleeds whilst some priority 2 members got great seats on level 1. The only guarantee is that priority 1 get a seat.
Not sure how Freo do it but I imagine Ticketek are instructed to do it the same way for each club.
when did you find out how many had signed up for the ballot? do you ever?

We have 5 P1 tickets registered. I'll be mighty pissed if I finish up in the nosebleeds (should we make it of course) because we registered as a 'group' as such, rather than an individual P2. I don't begrudge anyone a ticket, but put someone competent in charge of allocations.

It's becoming pretty obvious to all clubs I would think that this is a pretty sucky system.

I haven't seen this question answered anywhere, but forgive me if it has:

Does anyone know for those in Priority 2 whether we are notified of success or failure in being allocated a ticket, or do you just have to wait until after the PF to see if you get charged? The letter is a bit vague with this information.

Or perhaps I am a bit vague in my Dockers induced high I've been on since the weekend.

from Freo on facebook

Fremantle Football Club should we be good enough and lucky enough to earn the right to play in a Grand Final, successful fans will have their credit card charged on late Saturday 21 September/Sunday 22 September and the club will release a list of successful bar codes on Monday 23 September. Does that make sense?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know for those in Priority 2 whether we are notified of success or failure in being allocated a ticket, or do you just have to wait until after the PF to see if you get charged? The letter is a bit vague with this information.

Or perhaps I am a bit vague in my Dockers induced high I've been on since the weekend.

Pretty sure they just charge you.

No one is allocated a ticket until after the prelim.
Today is just registering your entry in the ballot, the ballot is run after the prelim.
On the Sunday they will charge your credit card, and on Monday morning they officially release a big list of those who were successful - but this list is normally available on the Ticketek website on the Sunday night.

No one is allocated a ticket until after the prelim.
Today is just registering your entry in the ballot, the ballot is run after the prelim.
On the Sunday they will charge your credit card, and on Monday morning they officially release a big list of those who were successful - but this list is normally available on the Ticketek website on the Sunday night.
Thank you :)

Done.......and now the waiting starts! As a highly superstitious person I hate this process.....it almost feels like I'm assuming we will win the prelim.

Thank you :)

No problem.
Another handy tip is to check your 'available balance' on your credit card on the Saturday night after the prelim. Then check it on Sunday afternoon to see if it has come down by the price of a ticket. The ticket doesn't show up as a full transaction on your bank account for a day or 2, but the available balance is updated as soon as they process your payment.

Just registered for priority 2, how long does it take for they notify you if you're successful or not? I know we won't get charged until we win the pre lim but surely they let you know beforehand.

I have registered for 1 lot of two tickets and 1 lot of 1. Didn't have the heart to give out the spare barcode I had just in case the two I need didn’t come up in the ballot. Should all three come through I will definitely have one spare ticket so anyone able to go, or not mind going, by themselves but who can’t get a ticket should keep me in mind.

Just registered for priority 2, how long does it take for they notify you if you're successful or not? I know we won't get charged until we win the pre lim but surely they let you know beforehand.

They don't run the ballot until Sat night after the 2 prelims have been played. So there is nothing they can tell you until Sunday after the prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Registration day for grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back