Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 without question was a huge opportunity missed by them.

That said, I still reckon the Lions are 3-4 seasons away from peaking as a group.

I think Brissys issues are two fold.. one is Harris Andrews has completely dropped off a cliff and isn’t a reliable defender anymore especially one on one and the other is there is no way you can rely on flakey minded forwards in Daniher, Hipwood and McStay to actually show up in big games or high pressure finals.

Gah brisbane, theyve been dominant for a few years now and only got 1 or 2 finals wins to show for it.
They have been awful. Finish top 2 in 2019 and 2020 and top 4 in 2021. Have only won a single final. That means they've gone out in straight sets twice. They've lost 4 home finals in that time.

If Freo win the flag this year (god forbid) I hope that David Mundy is in that side.

From all reports a good guy and I struggle to think of any on or off field controversy with him.

If Freo win the flag this year (god forbid) I hope that David Mundy is in that side.

From all reports a good guy and I struggle to think of any on or off field controversy with him.
Even better would be if he changes his mind, gets picked up midseason draft next year and wins the flag with someone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I respect with Mundy is that he had significant improvement in the back half of his career, similar to Hurn.

His longevity was partly due to the weakness of Freo's drafting and inability to find a replacement. They finally have a bunch of young mids with potential and need Mundy's position in the 22 freed to be able to play guys like Erasmus. Mundy is too slow to keep up with the current fast pace transition.

Fyfe will be next. I'd argue he is already redundant but he will at least be given until the end of his contract (another 2 seasons?).

Does anyone else think it’s a bit odd that the media are reporting on the cause of death of Dustin Martin’s dad?? Feel like it’s not really something that the general public need to know? Surely that sort of stuff just remains private? I mean, I still read the story so they’ve won I guess, but it just seems a bit off to me.

Does anyone else think it’s a bit odd that the media are reporting on the cause of death of Dustin Martin’s dad?? Feel like it’s not really something that the general public need to know? Surely that sort of stuff just remains private? I mean, I still read the story so they’ve won I guess, but it just seems a bit off to me.

With recent times any person dying in the 30-70 age group you immediately get the anti-vaxxers jumping on board and screaming that was the cause, facts and research be damned.

It stops more misinformation from flowing

Ah the comments section of any news site.

Even monkeypox is being blamed on the vaccines.

It's disgusting at the moment the lengths some of them are going to.

A few months back an ex-Wildcats train on player was stabbed to death in Melbourne, they posted a tribute to the guy on their Facebook page and sure enough there was a few jumping in feet first and immediately blaming the vaccine without taking a few seconds research to find out how he died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back