Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pies played their GF last week against us. Cooked. So disappointing that we are not there in this game. Pies arsed a win last week on top of flukey goals and crap umpiring. Am I pissed off, you betcha.
I doubt we'd be bothering the cats this week had we won, the way they're playing.

7e564e051de8b3baaf54b95e68ea6863

Mason helpfully showing us how many touches he's had

This reminds me of us getting pantsed by GWS after the after siren goal against Port.

You just can't back up the 2nd travelling week after such a game

Collingwood just played their Grand Final against us and now are cooked. With the way the Cats are playing, there's no way we're beating them especially with Yeo, Rioli and Venables out. It would've been like 2017 when we miraculously beaten Port only to be cooked against GWS who smashed us badly, we would've got destroyed against the Cats.

The Cats didn't look like playing at 100% against Port last week and had an extra day break whereas the Pies were going all out against us and got lucky at the end against us. Also the Cats played really well against Port and would've won the match had they KICKED STRAIGHT or Hawkins at least converts three of his shots.

At the end, we needed at least a top 4 finish in this COVID affected season hence why I was going for Richmond and Sydney in R18 but even while it's nice to have a chance at going to the prelim, what are the chances we're beating Port in Adelaide or Brisbane at the Gabba? We'd probably face either Richmond or Geelong afterwards and go out in straight sets but if we do face one of Collingwood, St Kilda or the Bulldogs then we have a chance at going to the prelim only to get smashed by either Port or Brisbane at their home grounds.

So at the end of the day, it's not the end of the world for me in my opinion that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back