Respect to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

In all honesty, whilst I appreciate the effort put in by the players last night, because it takes two teams to make a game a cracking game, it's hard to have any respect for a club which rorted the salary cap system and then tanked for a number of years thereafter.

I don't like to bring up umpires but that non call to Walker in the dying moments in the goal square was perplexing.

Just saw it on the news tonight. From a neutral standpoint, some of the umpiring was shithouse, and that was my impression last night. I don't understand how these umpires can get away with some of the really obvious calls. There is no consistency.

seriously do not understand some of my fellow carlton supporters. yes the umpiring was horrible. but it wasnt just horrible for the blues. it was horrible for the eagles as well. i do not understand how razor ray got the job to umpire this game. he has to be the worst umpire in the afl. absolute joke.

apart from the umpiring the game was an absolute cracker, so many ups and downs. have to say this final was the best since the collingwood-west coast final that went to 2 extra times

In all honesty, whilst I appreciate the effort put in by the players last night, because it takes two teams to make a game a cracking game, it's hard to have any respect for a club which rorted the salary cap system and then tanked for a number of years thereafter.

Stupid post.

Do you post this nonsense about all clubs that infringed the salary cap (most) and all who've "tanked" in similar situations (most)?

Or are you one of those BF experts who think only Carlton do these things?

Please clarify and list all teams you've posted such nonsense about.

Just accept the good natured, positive series of posts on this thread - and grow up. I realise it's been a bad year for Port but there's no need to be bitter.

Respect for Carlton?

For what?

They lost, didn't they?

It's nice that a lot of their supporters are "proud of their boys" and all, but really... Even with an 'environmental ambassador' on the field they still weren't good enough.

Carlton are building slowly. Very impressed with this years performance. When a side builds slowly they are so much better and last longer. Just look at the Swans they been top 8 every season for along time now because they rebuild slowly. The sides that jump from no where are normally a flash in the pan. watch carlton over the next couple seasons we are only going to get better.

Based on what factor?

Some teams slide, some teams rise. There is no guarantee Carlton win rise. How do we know if Scotland will have such a stellar year next year? How do you know if other players will improve?

You have to seize every opportunity that arises...and to be honest if we had beaten West Coke we may have put on a good show against Geelong and then what - who knows? Now that opportunity has been taken from us.

That is what is so galling about it- I feel bitter, twisted and angry all at one time..aggrieved in one word... we need more class somehow. We also need to go into finals with two ruckmen- I presume Hampson wasn't fit enough, but that is in the past now. At the end of the day, they don't write "honourable loss" next to the scoresheet when providing the score.

Serious respect for this post.

1 + 2 doesn't necessarily equal 3.

Any missed opportunity is exactly that, or in the words of a Hawthorn great - "it's later than what you think."

As a Carlton fan reading this thread is laughable, I could check every post history of those abusing Carlton and you will find that they all tipped us to miss the 8 this year.

They still have the nerve to try and act superior now even though not one person outside our fan base expected us to win against WC or even get that close.

They still have the nerve to try and act superior now even though not one person outside our fan base expected us to win against WC or even get that close.

Yeah, not true.

Anyone with both eyes open could have told you that the Blues would do well at Subiaco.

I tipped the Blues by 5 on the gameday thread in this forum, and would have been on the mark if one of those pretty damn easy set shots from Murphy or whoever had gone through.

As a Carlton fan reading this thread is laughable, I could check every post history of those abusing Carlton and you will find that they all tipped us to miss the 8 this year.

Get to work then laughing boy.

I expect a report on my desk by the morning.

Respect for Carlton?

For what?

They lost, didn't they?

It's nice that a lot of their supporters are "proud of their boys" and all, but really... Even with an 'environmental ambassador' on the field they still weren't good enough.

Mate we are proud of our side for going over there and never giving in, didn't matter that the umps were against us, the crowd, the injuries, the run of the mill, the whole lot, they banged in and almost won a game they didn't look like winning, that builds character and it will win us a flag in the next few years..

Unlike Melbourne as soon as u would have gone 3 goals down you would have lost by 10! In fact your club is that pee hearted and non cultured you lose games by 200 points!

Now run along and hope Mark Neeld can be the first coach since Television was introduced to make Melbourne relevant again and let supporters of real clubs with never say die cultures go about discussing respect..MUPPET!

Mate we are proud of our side for going over there and never giving in, didn't matter that the umps were against us, the crowd, the injuries, the run of the mill, the whole lot, they banged in and almost won a game they didn't look like winning, that builds character and it will win us a flag in the next few years..

Unlike Melbourne as soon as u would have gone 3 goals down you would have lost by 10! In fact your club is that pee hearted and non cultured you lose games by 200 points!

Now run along and hope Mark Neeld can be the first coach since Television was introduced to make Melbourne relevant again and let supporters of real clubs with never say die cultures go about discussing respect..MUPPET!

It's a shame you missed the first quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your list is not good enough to win you a flag - only the most perfect storm of all time would make that happen.

Doesn't look that rainy.

Your list is not good enough to win you a flag - only the most perfect storm of all time would make that happen.

Doesn't look that rainy.

A backline of Jamo, Henderson, Laidler, Yarran, Duigan, Thuohy will be as good as any, our midfield is as good as any, our forwardline has the best small forwards, a great midsized forward, we're missing a big forward, maybe Waite could've provided that i don't know, we are good enough to win it as early next year, we were almost good enough to win last night without a second ruck, no KPF, no Gibbs, if we did we'd have given Geelong a shake its a game of inches! thanks for coming see you next year!

God it's embarrassing to hear people complain about umpiring decisions. This is why Carlton lost:

1. Murphy (x2), Simpson, Setanta - All missed easy set shots, if only one of the 4 had been converted we win.
2. Marcus Davies - the stupidest act of the season.. grab a player by the jumper and swing him around and onto the floor infront of an umpire - DUMB. If he doesn't do that to Darling, no 'second' goal is scored and we win.

Stupid misses and stupid acts cost us the game and the season, no umpiring decision was relevant in the result.

Any credit or respect earned by our team across the season drops a bit with every whinge from one of the supporters.

LOL - respect to Carlton? Should we have a thread for each of the finalists who didn't advance. Is it like a prize for all the losers?

Well, thank you for playing Carlton. You were good. But not good enough.

Hehehe i love when bitter people post about sport like it means something, Do you think respecting or not respecting a entity matters?

God it's embarrassing to hear people complain about umpiring decisions. This is why Carlton lost:

1. Murphy (x2), Simpson, Setanta - All missed easy set shots, if only one of the 4 had been converted we win.
2. Marcus Davies - the stupidest act of the season.. grab a player by the jumper and swing him around and onto the floor infront of an umpire - DUMB. If he doesn't do that to Darling, no 'second' goal is scored and we win.

Stupid misses and stupid acts cost us the game and the season, no umpiring decision was relevant in the result.

Any credit or respect earned by our team across the season drops a bit with every whinge from one of the supporters.

Agree 100%

Umpiring was embarrassingly bad up there it was laughable. Even my mate who's a die hard Collingwood fan who despises Carlton was admitting how one-sided it was, which is the first time he's ever sided with Carlton.

Bottom line is though, we missed our chances when he had them (Simpson on the Full, Murphy set shots etc). Still, damn good effort and a pretty good season :thumbsu:

Umpiring was embarrassingly bad up there it was laughable. Even my mate who's a die hard Collingwood fan who despises Carlton was admitting how one-sided it was, which is the first time he's ever sided with Carlton.

Bottom line is though, we missed our chances when he had them (Simpson on the Full, Murphy set shots etc). Still, damn good effort and a pretty good season :thumbsu:

Well my mate who is a Freo fan thought it was one sided towards Carlton :)

Plenty of respect for the way Carlton never gave in when at times it looked like West Coast had the game under control after the first half

Not so much for the whining Carlton supporters blaming the umpires who point out the couple of frees that didn't go there way whilst ignoring the ones that did

Not to a person watching the game with one eye.

This happend directly in front of where I was sitting and IMO should have been play on. Umpire could have played it but probably better he didn't.

The one that amazed was the WCE bloke who got caught, dropped the ball, it bounced up and he kicked it. (cleary dropping the ball) I was 60m away and saw it so unfortunately the umpire must of blinked at the wrong time

But hey you win some you lose some.

This ^^^

nothing worse than supporters complaining about umpiring decisions to justify why they lost.

Eagles were on top for 2.5 quarters of the game, that's why they won

Darcy one again on the monday night show tells us all how brave those blues were, like he did 20 or 30 times while barracking, i mean commentating on Saturday.

I simply dont understand what it was about the blues performance on saturday that was more brave then any other underdog and ultimately losing team. Can anyone explain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Respect to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back