Respect to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Carlton had it rough by travelling. On the contrary, they didn't have to leave Melbourne for 19 games this year, only travelling 5 times before finals whereas Eagles travelled 10 times. In addition, if Carlton and Eagles were to play in the grand final then Carlton would have a massive advantage considering they played 10 games at the MCG this year and Eagles only one game. Carlton had a very lucky draw, much like Collingwood.

I don't think Carlton had it rough by travelling. On the contrary, they didn't have to leave Melbourne for 19 games this year, only travelling 5 times before finals whereas Eagles travelled 10 times. In addition, if Carlton and Eagles were to play in the grand final then Carlton would have a massive advantage considering they played 10 games at the MCG this year and Eagles only one game. Carlton had a very lucky draw, much like Collingwood.

It isn't luck. Carlton is a high drawing Victorian team. Fixturing obviously is bias towards us.

West Coast have a bias fixture as well BTW. Your home turf is a fortress, and travelling more often is the trade off for having a massive home advantage.

Umpiring was woeful but to no teams advantage, especially out of ruck contests, ruined the game somewhat but was still a cracker.

Re: Walker FK, looked like a free in real time but upon seeing the replay was the right call.

Thought we should have brought in Hampson for Davies which may have stopped Cox dominating like he did against O'Hailpan, the 3 big outs hurt as well. Set shot kicking for goal was pretty average too, Murphy missed 2 I would have bet my house on him kicking.

In the end we shouldn't have dropped games like we did against the Dogs earlier in the year, could have been a home game.

Still, great effort from Carlton and 2012 will be very interesting for them...

Based on what factor?

Some teams slide, some teams rise. There is no guarantee Carlton win rise. How do we know if Scotland will have such a stellar year next year? How do you know if other players will improve?

You have to seize every opportunity that arises...and to be honest if we had beaten West Coke we may have put on a good show against Geelong and then what - who knows? Now that opportunity has been taken from us.

That is what is so galling about it- I feel bitter, twisted and angry all at one time..aggrieved in one word... we need more class somehow. We also need to go into finals with two ruckmen- I presume Hampson wasn't fit enough, but that is in the past now. At the end of the day, they don't write "honourable loss" next to the scoresheet when providing the score.

I apologise if this has been mentioned already in this thread or another, but why didn't Shaun Hampson play tonight? Robbie Warnock played pretty well but considering what he was up against, he'd need to take a break.

An admirable season by Carlton. They'll definitely be moving onto bigger and better things very soon. As much as that shits me

Shocking decision by the MC. Should have played with Warnock and let Setanta be a permanent FF.

Was exposed even more by losing Thornton at half time. Hampson could have at least provided a tall target down forward (kicked 6 goals in the VFL last week).

He should have come in for Davies.

How where they stiff to travel?

If you finish 5th then you play away at home.

It's not stiff and it's not unlucky.

What is stiff is some clubs having to play away from home, despite earning the home final.

This.

The 'one final in Melbourne every week' rule was the worst rule of all time and the Eagles were a victim of it twice. Essendon and Carlton were the beneficiaries of it. Glad it's gone. Absolute shambles of a rule.

5th for 2011 which is just about right.

The positive from last night was that collectively, we kicked the "Premiership Window" right open. With Waite, Kruezer and Gibbs back and fully fit next year and with Watson, McCarthy, Lucas and Mitchell all pushing for seniors next year our depth will be much better, particularly in KPP stocks.

The next 4 or 5 years should see the Blues genuinely complete for a flag or three.

Still gutted though...

It isn't luck. Carlton is a high drawing Victorian team. Fixturing obviously is bias towards us.

West Coast have a bias fixture as well BTW. Your home turf is a fortress, and travelling more often is the trade off for having a massive home advantage.

That's ridiculous. You can measure advantages for travel imposed between teams and you may be able to measure advantages on oval size but I don't believe you can offset the two with any accuracy. They are completely different.
As far as fixturing being bias towards high drawing victorian teams; if that is the factor that determines the fixture, then it's completely iniquitous and for the outcomes where a victorian team wins the flag against a non-victorian team, how then can it be considered a fair game.

They kept coming at us but in the end we were too good. Carlton should have a good year next season.

Take out the 2 goals you guys got from rubbish umpiring, and the Walker non free kick in the square and we would ve won by near on 3 goals. We won 3 of the 4 quarters, so that tells me that the better team on the year, but not the night won last night...

Despite Razor Ray and his fellow umpiring clowns handing West Coast the game, credit where its due on a herculian improvment as a team this year from last.. :thumbsu:

Take out the 2 goals you guys got from rubbish umpiring, and the Walker non free kick in the square and we would ve won by near on 3 goals. We won 3 of the 4 quarters, so that tells me that the better team on the year, but not the night won last night...

Despite Razor Ray and his fellow umpiring clowns handing West Coast the game, credit where its due on a herculian improvment as a team this year from last.. :thumbsu:

I hope your fellow Carlton fans don't share this rubbish sentiment.

And how does winning three of the four quarters mean that you have had the better year? :confused::confused::confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe if your captain didn't have a stinker and Murphy & Simpson didn't miss 3 sitters you may have won.

Relax man your still angry. Gonna be a long time before you can prove that you can win an interstate final. Hell we gave you a 4 goal headstart and you still failed.:thumbsu:

No excuses.

At the end of the day both teams had 22 blokes out there.

You've gotta take your chances. When you dont do so, can't blame anybody but yourself.

2 x Murphy and Simmo's set-shot being prime examples.

Close to the best match of the year in terms of intensity, tension and excitement I thought.

Kudos to both teams and WCE fans who've made Subi such a fortress.

i tell you who i have a whole shedload more respect for: mitch robinson

a clearance monster, now playing the exact role they bought in brock maclean for

alot less respect for all the whining about the umpiring after they got a charmed run through the first half

Umpires handed them the first 4 goals of the game, and they think they were robbed.

haha

They beat a very ordinary 8th ranked Essendon and then lost to last years wooden spooners. They'll get my respect when they actually achieve something. As for being unlucky and having to travel - cry me a river. West Coast finished in the top 4 and if good enough to make the GF will play 3 out of 4 finals in Victoria.

less perplexing than Nicoski getting buried and giving away the free kick or Kennedy getting pushed, rearranging his head and giving up a free kick, bla bla.

The Blues were awesome by the way and if they had managed to get up they would have thoroughly deserved it.

Exactly this. :thumbsu:

But we didnt therefore you deserve the win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Respect to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back