Ressies 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear: Mr Daniel Currie

Today i would like you to have the most amazing game against Ainslie, Ruck your heart out, kick a massive amounts of goals and take some stellar marks! I want to see you push for senior selection and play a home game so i can be the most proud happy little supporter ever...i wanna see my bub do so well...ill cry if you get 2 debut! So Mr Currie please do well...do it for ur No.1 fan!

Love Always, xx Sophie

The Eski is back! Another good show from Currie too.

AINSLIE FOOTBALL CLUB
Goal Kickers: C. PETTERSSON 3, A. OLSON 2, B. HUGHES 2, T. INKSTER 2, J. PRATT 2, T. DANIEL, M. LAWLESS, J. HOLMES, D. ARGALL, M. CROOK, M. CREESE
Best Players: D. TOW, R. ANDREWS, M. GHOBRIAL, D. LOVE, M. LAWLESS, M. CROOK
SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers: N. MALCESKI 4, M. O''DWYER 2, T. GILCRHIST 2, R. BRABAZON, K. THORNTON, J. CROUCH, J. ORREAL, M. PYKE
Best Players: D. CURRIE, N. MALCESKI, N. SMITH, M. LAIDLAW, R. Bottin-Noonan, R. BRABAZON

Is Botts-Noons being drafted next year? I heard he was like 190cm when he was 14 (Im 180cm and Im 14 =D) and now hes still like 190.

yeh good to see Mal, Currie, Laidlaw and Smith play well as they are probably the next 4 best players playing in the Ressies. Those 4 would be all close to a game i reckon, and with LRT likely out this week i can see either Currie coming in freeing Jesse to play KP or they may just bring Mal straight back in for LRT, though i'd rather see Mal play forward. Buchanan must be saying his prayers right about now cause his performaces are too inconsistent atm. Would rather a youngster get a game over him atm.

Wonder if Eski's done enough to come straight back in? As for Currie I think we all want to see him play seniors as it allows us to use White elsewhere...a bit like Kreuzer having to carry the ruck against Carlton, imagine what damage he could do as a roaming CHF role (I'm not saying White is/will be as good as Kreuzer but it would certainly free him up!)

Oh gosh where 2 start

poor ressies...really arnt having much luck atm but we can still make finals if we get on top of the tigers...will be super hard 2 beat the champs Eastlakes next week

Glad 2 see Currie make the bests yet again...no goals however...maybe he played ruck for most of the game while Pyke & Beanie both took the forward line, they both kicked a goal so happy with that

Nice 2 see Mal have some form...but kicking goals isnt everything i want 2 know how he did away from the forward line!

Glad MOD had a better game!

No DOK listed this week...wonder how he went?

Good 2 see Gilly is getting better each week...now stack some weights boy!

Glad Smith and Laidlaw are carrying their from week in week out...hope 2 see them make the senior side in the next few weeks!

We just cant seem 2 gel it 2gether...looking forward 2 seeing the boys play next week...havnt seen them in two weeks want 2 see how they are going after a few trips 2 canberra i think they are getting tired!

Good 2 see our big names in the ressies keeping up the good work!

In other news...best thing i have been given in a little while really made me smile
4302_81620388561_686588561_1743350_.jpg

Andrew does his job well :thumbsu:

GET THAT BOY BACK NOW!

yeah it is...poor boy misses the one thing that made him happy...me & nat

I know...but Eastlakes are the team 2 beat...and its Aaron...I want the coaches and recruitment staff to watch him closely...hope he has a killer game and proves them wrong

but yes a trashing is most likely though it is at the SCG maybe we can hold them back a little

On a bright note...Vesz should be back soon!

On a serious note...what are the chances the clubs looks at Aaron and may look at signing him...can it happen??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah it is...poor boy misses the one thing that made him happy...me & nat

I know...but Eastlakes are the team 2 beat...and its Aaron...I want the coaches and recruitment staff to watch him closely...hope he has a killer game and proves them wrong

but yes a trashing is most likely though it is at the SCG maybe we can hold them back a little

On a bright note...Vesz should be back soon!

On a serious note...what are the chances the clubs looks at Aaron and may look at signing him...can it happen??
Are you talking about other AFL clubs, or the Swans?

The Swans??

I know the reason why they couldnt keep Aaron was because there was no space and he was on a 1 year contract but if Tiger and Fossy retired at the end of season we may have been able 2 have kept him! I mean why let the kid go he was awesome in the bests week in week out and really tried his hardest!

Is there any chance he could get a contract again...i mean its a big ask but if the swans asked him 2 resign could he? Also is he too old to enter the draft? Idd die if he did coz idd probs lose him 2 some team far away!

Anyway the point is...can we get him back if we want 2?

Help me fill in the holes here Grim

I've got kirk as having arrived at Sydney in the 1998 rookie draft, i havent got a record of him being drafted and delisted before that.

You however are a font of knowledge so I dont want to argue I just cant find a record of it.
CAS, it was in the article when he played his 200th a few games ago. It said he was cut from the rookie list in 96 and was re-rookied in 1999. However, after some googling, it seems the article was wrong. He was on the supplementary list in 98, got cut, trained and was rookied in 99.

Kirk's wife was going to uni in Melbourne at the time he was cut from the Swans and i happened to run into him in Albert Park doing laps of an oval. Being involved at Port at that time i worked hard on getting him to Port and he was a big chance but he had been told by the Swans they might but him on the rookie list.
The day after our greatest day and after a few dozen crownies we joked about what might have been, great fella is Kirky.
So Soph you never know what might happen if you never give up, but with respect i don't think Aaron Bruce is would ever be a Kirk.

CAS, it was in the article when he played his 200th a few games ago. It said he was cut from the rookie list in 96 and was re-rookied in 1999. However, after some googling, it seems the article was wrong. He was on the supplementary list in 98, got cut, trained and was rookied in 99.

Yes, this is what I though happend, my point for Soph about Bruce, is that a player who was on a list gets cut if they get picked upstraight away they can make it e.g. Zac Dawson. On a list, getting cut and failing to be picked up straight away is sadly usially the death nell, but there have been one or two exceptions, perhaps with Coney not showing up the possibilty is there I suppose but I wouldnt be holding my breath.

The best thing he can do is smash us next week.

According to the RWO numbers page, Kirk was at the club in 1996 (wearing 43, for the record), and next appears in 1999 wearing 31.

According to the RWO numbers page, Kirk was at the club in 1996 (wearing 43, for the record), and next appears in 1999 wearing 31.

If that was the old supplementary list for the Reserves than Kirk was not allowed to play seniors, he was a reserves top up list player, Different from the rookie list in they usually showed up on match day and were rotated so as not to damage one club to much. I dont have a record of Kirk being drafted prior to 96 so this is my only assumption.

Brad Hodge for the record also did this with Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back