Ressies 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New scholarship players

385635_1_M.jpg

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...&sID=56131&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=9071719

My friends playin this weekend for the ressies.

the one on the left...!
sexy.

His name is matt grim.
Last name might be davies. Not sure.
That's just what he texted me the other day

Oh shut up grim.
Haha Von doesn't send her love, you can tell him von says your annoying but.

I noticed Brabazon has been in the best for a few weeks running now. I've said before i like the look of him. Any chance for a seniors call up soon? If not is he gone after this season? And were is he from?

I noticed Brabazon has been in the best for a few weeks running now. I've said before i like the look of him. Any chance for a seniors call up soon? If not is he gone after this season? And were is he from?

There is a limit to how many smallish youngsters Swans can afford to have IN at any one time. From all secondhand accounts the ressies Laidlaw and Smith likely to be ahead of him (Veszpremi Schmit and others injured)...in the waiting list!

Was from WA (Claremont) and he won the league B&F at junior level immediately before drafted. He apparently had injury at time of State carnival so slipped down in the draft order.

PS To me his best attributes don't really suit the current seniors hard body contested style! I reckon he would be already in a side like Dogs or Dons.. loose checking un-accountatable style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Braba and MOD will stay in the reserves until they skills are up to scratch... we are already carrying far too many players who have a poor skill level.

This is the thing certainly holding them back. From what I have seen so far in 09, (as Corps mentioned) Smith and Laidlaw are way ahead of them. In terms of Smith, he has looked more impressive in the 2nds already and has only just come back from injury.

I am looking forward to Smith and Laidlaw developing. Both look very promising.

How did my mate play?

SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers: M. LAIDLAW 3, E. BARLOW 2, K. THORNTON 2, M. O''DWYER 2, R. BRABAZON, J. ORREAL, B. MEREDITH, N. SMITH, M. PYKE
Best Players: N. SMITH, K. THORNTON, M. PYKE, R. BRABAZON, D. CURRIE, E. BARLOW
EASTLAKE FOOTBALL CLUB
Goal Kickers: S. COOPER 5, D. ROULSTONE 4, B. Collins 2, S. GUMLEY 2, M. DEAN, N. CLARKE, C. GIBSON
Best Players: S. COOPER, C. GIBSON, J. STILLER, N. CLARKE, S. CLARKE, D. ROULSTONE

How did my mate play?
After I passed on your message to him, he went berserk, took two speccies, one over his own teammate, almost decapitated the poor fellow. Then he went for the checkside on his non-preferred and nailed the goal that tied the scores. Then in a last heroic effort, he dragged his skinny frame down back and managed to take the match saving mark a la Bevan. Then he turned to me and said "So who's a ******** now"

Nah, didn't notice him at all. Saw him on the edge of a pack once, but didn't touch it. Top up 23 was good and top up 49 looks like a mini Lewis Johnston! Mini LouLou.

If Nick doesn't get a call up soon, I think I'll scream.
Strange game, I didn't have him amongst my best players list. I guess it's hard to see his little frame in the mass of bodies that crowds the ballups and throw-ins.

With Meredith out of contention, I guess he's what you'd look at next. Or DOK who needs a massive lifeline asap.

The thing is, if he does get a call up, would the Swans throw him in the middle, where he has been playing in the reserves? From what I recall last year, he played off half back in his senior games which didn't really fill me with much confidence.

Well he's supposed to be in the middle, so there's not much point in putting him at HB hoping to show how well he can play in a position he hasn't played in before.

He got a call up against Geelong last year, I think. Maybe introduce him to a side that we're better matched up against as a confidence booster?

Im so ****ing mad at that umps call on the little top up number 45 seriously shit call that cost us the win...so unfair the eastlakes player played on stupid 50m

apart from that the ressies were alot better today good form and the top ups played well

Pyke was good in the ruck and kicked a good goal and handed off several more that he could have kicked

Matty O was a lot better today

Brett was done 1st term...crunched his shoulder didnt look to good

Gilly is amazing as soon as that kid bulks he will play seniors...not till next year though

Krisso had a great game will come back into the team next week

Currie rucked well and marked well

Beans kicked the 1st goal and good one it was to so happy about that

still fricken mad that we drew

Had a little run in with Aaron miss him so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back