Ressies 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we conceded against geelong and threw Pyke in against their ruck for the expierience, who was it again??

I dont recall but Pyke played reasonably early in the first quarter.

I just think White has been getting a free ride. Other than his game against the non existant Hawthorn ruckmen he hasnt had any overally good games all season.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-sydney-swans--jesse-white

I know he could be a good KP player but he isnt a ruckman.

I dont recall but Pyke played reasonably early in the first quarter.

I just think White has been getting a free ride. Other than his game against the non existant Hawthorn ruckmen he hasnt had any overally good games all season.

I know he could be a good KP player but he isnt a ruckman.

if you could only pick one of them on your team for a game of park footy, or a scratch match etc(everyone plays anywhere) who would you pick?

I dont think he does. His hitouts (which is the most important stat for a ruckman) have been very disappointing.

the great Bob Skilton won 3 brownlow medals roving to a losing ruck each week, I think White offers more overall, just my opinion and I do like Pyke...

the great Bob Skilton won 3 brownlow medals roving to a losing ruck each week, I think White offers more overall, just my opinion and I do like Pyke...

Look at the amount of dsposals White has had in 2009

Round 1 - 6
Round 2 - 12
Round 3 - 7
Round 4 - 3
Round 5 - 6
Round 8 - 4
Round 9 - 7
Round 10 - 4

Im willing to bet that Pyke could get those stats (especialy with a bit more time in the seniors) plus with Pyke you get better ruck work.

Soph told me that Brabazon was crap and didn't even mention Smith and the umps in Canberra are crap
Brabazon has been around for a while now, his disposal is his greatest weakness, and if he hasn't improved that in 3 years, I can't see it improving in the next 3 months or so. Smith is a tricky one, he's not one to standout but he does the tough inside stuff that holds him in good stead with the coaches.

And the Canberra umps are very hot on the holding the ball decisions.

Very surprised to see that Braba is listed in the best players, I thought he was pretty crap (still love him though :D). My best would be Smith, Bird, Laidlaw, Currie, O'Dwyer. Orreal also played really well, really hard at the ball, never gives up.

SO MUCH FUN!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Hello

as u all know we didnt do so well
shocker of a game for us and im a little bummed out that we gave up

our turn overs and missing of targets cost us in the end not good form at all

umpires were pretty shitty though..but all canberra umps are

I hate that we played on the wing all day today and didnt try running it through the middle which the Hawks seem to do with great ease

Kicking to targets in the forward 50 was horrid...no one seemed to get it right either kicking the ball to short, to an opposition player or over someones head...poor pat had so many good chances to get goals but the kick to him was horrid

but bless there were some good things to come out of the game!

PYKE: Is finding his feet and taking good strong marks...i like to see him in the air...kicked an amazing goal to give us a little lift...marked the ball then turned on his right to side step a hawks player dodge another and then run to about 15 meters out and kicked it through the middle...its what we needed and he delivered

PATTY V...besides being stoked that he was back...he had a great come back game...ran pretty hard for someone whos been out for the last 2 months...lead well...marked well and kicked well...missed a couple of shots and i think he can be just a tiny bit selfish when getting the ball he had a few chances to dish off to someone else but didnt...but i guess when ur in a ressies comp u have 2 prove to the coaches ur ready 2 play seniors...very impressed by his work rate today...was so happy/couldnt wipe the smile off my face when he booted a goal and as he walked back to the goal square i gave him a big cheer he gave me a big thumbs up and a wink i cant wait 2 see him back in the seniors...mark my word...pat's back to eat some pies we will see him Round 12

BEANS: Not his best game but hes getting better every game...kicked a decent goal after taking a strong mark...he now wears gloves which i think is helping him out a lot and he did well in the ruck!

CURRIE: Was being walked all over by the umps i just about jumped the fence and went 2 kick the ump...he was playing on kids much shorter than him so everytime he go the ball it was deemed as pushed out...so unfair...he marked well and got some decent goals...didnt do a lot of the rucking today...looked very tired and sore at the end of the game...was pretty flat about the loss!

SEXY SMITH: Give the kid a run in the seniors hes damn fricken good...hes every where...and a born leader need to get him in the seniors so he can develop hes got a good kick on him and works so well through the midfield and willing to get down and dirty!

KT: Should be back in seniors this week...hes so quick hes what we need!

LAIDLAW: Did well once again...played forward...got some goals...hurt his ankle just before games end but should be fine next week!

MATTY O: Well done kid very very strong game for him...played defence which is not where he should be but we needed someone 2 mark their forwards and get a quick dash out of defence

TAYLOR: Quiet today didnt do alot but hes fines hes still learning

CRAIGY B: He's fine...doesnt need to worry about how he did will be back in the side next week...was good 2 see him get some game time though did all the great things he does

DOK: Not his best game...but once again he talks 2 the boys and helps out the top ups i like this about him

RBN: Ryan Bottin-Nonnan if you dont know him was back in the side today hes looking good!

Little Top ups once again try so hard but its not easy for them
number 53 was the stand out for me today taking some big strong marks in the front of goal...how ever he couldnt convert

BARLOW: Not good...turn over after turn over but ill give him credit for trying to kick to a player and trying to have a run

BRABA: Same goes for him...im starting to think hes all talk and no action

I think ive got everyone...if i have missed ask me and ill do my best!

Im sad for the boys...they really feel like shit when they lose its so though to have the horrid rules and shitty AFL Umps but i guess we are at a time where some of our good Ressies players are making debuts and the ones we want 2 play ressies are injured!

Good News...Nathan Gordon should be back next week and Brendans looking better...looks a little fitter and was having a little muck around with the ball

I LOVE MY RESSIES BUT SHIT WE NEED A WIN!

hmmm yes im surprised braba made the bests...didnt think this was a god game from him

Grim the stupid Bird thing is from family guy i cant believe i actually watched that very episode to actually get what people are saying when they talk about that...i dont watch that show ever

Hi All,

Must admit that I expected your side to win at "Arctic Park" and am shocked at the result. It was looking like you guys were starting to get your best side together and hitting some form.

Big game next week when you take on the Qbn Tigers at our home ground. Lose that one and your finals are slipping away.

Unfortunately the Tigers will be without one of your former players in Mark Powell who went to hospital after a suspected broken foot in the 2nd term.

And yes Canberra Umps can be very ordinary at times.

Hi All,

Must admit that I expected your side to win at "Arctic Park" and am shocked at the result. It was looking like you guys were starting to get your best side together and hitting some form.

Big game next week when you take on the Qbn Tigers at our home ground. Lose that one and your finals are slipping away.

Unfortunately the Tigers will be without one of your former players in Mark Powell who went to hospital after a suspected broken foot in the 2nd term.

And yes Canberra Umps can be very ordinary at times.

hmmm shame about Powell

We managed to just scrape home with a win against your boys last time at the scg and a game at Dairy farmers i dont think will suit us what so ever though we didnt lose by to much last time we played u there in round 4.
Unless we hit targets and move the ball on quickly or at least convert when we need 2 i think we will struggle

Where have you been ABH, i have missed the sparing. Though i don't think we are allowed anymore to debate the merits of where the ressies play or not.
What have you heard about an Eastern seaboard comp.

Hey Beds, I have been here but have kept a low profile.

Have heard a murmour but nothing concrete. Cant say to much mate.

hmmm shame about Powell

We managed to just scrape home with a win against your boys last time at the scg and a game at Dairy farmers i dont think will suit us what so ever though we didnt lose by to much last time we played u there in round 4.
Unless we hit targets and move the ball on quickly or at least convert when we need 2 i think we will struggle

Yeh Tigers looked pretty good for much of todays game against Eastlake but lost 2 players during the 2nd term who played no further part in the match. They ran out of petrol tickets and went down by 4 goals. But there was enough there to indicate that they should do well next week at home. I predict a 6 goal win to the Tigers in a must win game.

Yeh Tigers looked pretty good for much of todays game against Eastlake but lost 2 players during the 2nd term who played no further part in the match. They ran out of petrol tickets and went down by 4 goals. But there was enough there to indicate that they should do well next week at home. I predict a 6 goal win to the Tigers in a must win game.

hmmmm ill give my boys a bit more of chance

Vesz should play way better after a strong start back game
May get someone like Jarred Moore dropping to ressies next week

Yeah saw the result of the game...Aaron Bruce once again leading goal kicker and one of the BOG....shit it kills me more and more that we got rid of him

I think we know how to match the tigers...but we can easily be shut down i think it will be close but not a win for us...COME ON BOYS PROVE ME WRONG

i must admit it nice 2 see us not have so many horrid injuries 2 the side its
unlucky we are with out Brendan Murphy, Nathan Gordon (though should play this week) Dan Hanberry though not injured is away in melbourne, Lewis Johnston & Little Campbell Heath...our team and the injured players could benefit from some game time if they could play as they all play crucial roles in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back