Ressies 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people want to know why Braba keeps appearing in our best when it appears he does not deserve too there may be a reason.

It's been previously mentioned that you cannot always trust the official best as in Braba's case it's they may be doing something psychological.

He's year 4 on the list and playing in the ressies without looking like getting a senior call up. This can become a very bad time for a player as they feel there career slipping away, everything they wanted as a teenager and some guys cant get up the fire for the rest of the year. its known some players feel very low if they've been on the list for a few years and are plugging away in the seconds as they feel the axe.

It's ironic as Mark Powell's name should be on this thread as he was a well identified sufferer of depression by the time we traded him to North. ABH I'm sure its not of place for me to say we all hope he's doing better.

As a way of trying to Keep Brabazons focus the coaches encourage him or name him in the best, not sure its the best thing really if they are doing this but it has been done ion the past and I keep getting reports from multi sources saying he's not doing the job and he keeps getting names in the best.

Conversely if they think a player is getting a big head too soon they will overlook him when naming the best on grounds.

Hello Hello

as u all know we didnt do so well
shocker of a game for us and im a little bummed out that we gave up

our turn overs and missing of targets cost us in the end not good form at all

umpires were pretty shitty though..but all canberra umps are

I hate that we played on the wing all day today and didnt try running it through the middle which the Hawks seem to do with great ease

Kicking to targets in the forward 50 was horrid...no one seemed to get it right either kicking the ball to short, to an opposition player or over someones head...poor pat had so many good chances to get goals but the kick to him was horrid

but bless there were some good things to come out of the game!

PYKE: Is finding his feet and taking good strong marks...i like to see him in the air...kicked an amazing goal to give us a little lift...marked the ball then turned on his right to side step a hawks player dodge another and then run to about 15 meters out and kicked it through the middle...its what we needed and he delivered

PATTY V...besides being stoked that he was back...he had a great come back game...ran pretty hard for someone whos been out for the last 2 months...lead well...marked well and kicked well...missed a couple of shots and i think he can be just a tiny bit selfish when getting the ball he had a few chances to dish off to someone else but didnt...but i guess when ur in a ressies comp u have 2 prove to the coaches ur ready 2 play seniors...very impressed by his work rate today...was so happy/couldnt wipe the smile off my face when he booted a goal and as he walked back to the goal square i gave him a big cheer he gave me a big thumbs up and a wink i cant wait 2 see him back in the seniors...mark my word...pat's back to eat some pies we will see him Round 12

BEANS: Not his best game but hes getting better every game...kicked a decent goal after taking a strong mark...he now wears gloves which i think is helping him out a lot and he did well in the ruck!

CURRIE: Was being walked all over by the umps i just about jumped the fence and went 2 kick the ump...he was playing on kids much shorter than him so everytime he go the ball it was deemed as pushed out...so unfair...he marked well and got some decent goals...didnt do a lot of the rucking today...looked very tired and sore at the end of the game...was pretty flat about the loss!

SEXY SMITH: Give the kid a run in the seniors hes damn fricken good...hes every where...and a born leader need to get him in the seniors so he can develop hes got a good kick on him and works so well through the midfield and willing to get down and dirty!

KT: Should be back in seniors this week...hes so quick hes what we need!

LAIDLAW: Did well once again...played forward...got some goals...hurt his ankle just before games end but should be fine next week!

MATTY O: Well done kid very very strong game for him...played defence which is not where he should be but we needed someone 2 mark their forwards and get a quick dash out of defence

TAYLOR: Quiet today didnt do alot but hes fines hes still learning

CRAIGY B: He's fine...doesnt need to worry about how he did will be back in the side next week...was good 2 see him get some game time though did all the great things he does

DOK: Not his best game...but once again he talks 2 the boys and helps out the top ups i like this about him

RBN: Ryan Bottin-Nonnan if you dont know him was back in the side today hes looking good!

Little Top ups once again try so hard but its not easy for them
number 53 was the stand out for me today taking some big strong marks in the front of goal...how ever he couldnt convert

BARLOW: Not good...turn over after turn over but ill give him credit for trying to kick to a player and trying to have a run

BRABA: Same goes for him...im starting to think hes all talk and no action

I think ive got everyone...if i have missed ask me and ill do my best!

Im sad for the boys...they really feel like shit when they lose its so though to have the horrid rules and shitty AFL Umps but i guess we are at a time where some of our good Ressies players are making debuts and the ones we want 2 play ressies are injured!

Good News...Nathan Gordon should be back next week and Brendans looking better...looks a little fitter and was having a little muck around with the ball

I LOVE MY RESSIES BUT SHIT WE NEED A WIN!

Thanks for the wrap up, good to find out how Ves went.:thumbsu:

I forgot to say that Thornton played well. He is everywhere and the guys really rely on him. He deserves to be playing seniors.

I love Braba so much but I'm scared he's not going to make it :(

Plus his face looks like it was made out of Cameron Lings afterbirth.

I'm looking forward to seeing MOD and Laidlaw in the seniors soon.

Why is it you guys aren't calling for Currie to be named when he"s in the best more often than not? Genuine question, not a dig. Is the standard against big blokes in this comp a lot lower so they stand out more?

Why is it you guys aren't calling for Currie to be named when he"s in the best more often than not? Genuine question, not a dig. Is the standard against big blokes in this comp a lot lower so they stand out more?

I saw Currie in the NAB Cup and i personally think he needs to put on a bit of weight. We cant have a light weight ruckman running around as they tend to get beaten rather easily.

There's been named in the best but some years that means more than others, the Ressies this year are down the ladder, there are injury reasons for this as well as form.

We rely on those here and another forum who watch the Ressies closely and the reports are Currie is progressing and one of these people has commenced the call, others have said more time but he is heavily on our watch list.

I saw Currie in the NAB Cup and i personally think he needs to put on a bit of weight. We cant have a light weight ruckman running around as they tend to get beaten rather easily.

Currie didnt play NAB cup...he was there but didnt play

Reason being for Cuz not playing is that he had an on again off again preseason with a groin injury...its seemed to settle down now but as for the moment hes just getting his fitness levels up and improving his work rate in the ressies! As for his weight he doesnt need to put on more he's MASSIVE when u see him up close his upper torso is well built though it may not appear to be but TRUST ME...ive seen it and its good :thumbsu: i think for sure we will be seeing Currie Debuting sometime after the split round! LOVE U CURRIE!

And dont be mean to Krisso or Braba...they are super cute

I dunno if it was the NAB cup but I was sitting behind the bench at the Melb pre season practise match at the Carlton ground, I saw him up close and agree on that one, hes not a weakling and he is wiry and tall so it can be decieving, but he did seem to need a bit of weight for rucking at senior AFL level, Its been along time since then so I dont know now, anyway atleast from all reports the kid can actually play...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL injury update has Matty Laidlaw out for 2 with an ankle. On a positive note, it has Schmidt and Murphy returning after the break. Anyone got any info on this?

Crap thats shit...he def did he ankle though he said he would be fine to play this week...guess it was worse once he got home

hmmm i thought brendan had a lot longer 2 go though he said he was feeling better...cant wait 2 get him back in

how sick is this picture
3588130224_b5fe55ebab_o.jpg

GO JAKEY! Thanks Andrew for the piccy!

Man how tight are his shorts?

Crap thats shit...he def did he ankle though he said he would be fine to play this week...guess it was worse once he got home

hmmm i thought brendan had a lot longer 2 go though he said he was feeling better...cant wait 2 get him back in

how sick is this picture
3588130224_b5fe55ebab_o.jpg

GO JAKEY! Thanks Andrew for the piccy!
Good to see the massive crowd at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back