News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no, how naughty Damian!
To call off a pre season, practise match with 5 minutes to go and a handful of injuries...

But you're right, it's better to risk more injuries before the Home and Away season because that's easier to bag Damian on

Yep it worked so well for him he then decided to call the rest of the season off. After Round 3 according to Infamy

Did they advertise the senior coaching job on seek when Hardwick was appointed? Was it not a competitive process with several applicants including ones we passed on such as Hinkley and Richardson on the short list?

They did such a good job finding your SuperCoach the Dimwit, you should be championing it for all other decision making positions.
Where did they advertise this job?
A few of you coaching guns should have submitted your CV's :$

Oh you mean Ken "One Year" Hinkley?
Please mate, he's worse than Hardwick and I'm not that sold on Hardwick personally.

'My' coach?
Not 'Our' coach sonny?
Try not to slip out of character now 1980...

And for what it's worth - I would have liked to have seen someone new come in, but all the great teams at recruiting have a big recruiting teams so I'll continue to wait until all the off field changes are made to see how we build to catch up to the best.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

The board is a joke

The fact that Hardwick is still employed is a joke .

It's not like he is an ex player
It's not like he hasn't had enough time
It's not like he ended the season well
It's not like he has a great game plan
It's not like he has developed players
It's not like he has a great finals record

It is just complete incompetence.

And it's only the start of the problem .

Only at Richmond would a proven failure in Francis be kept on part time

Only at Richmond would you offer lade a contract when he is clearly not wanted

Only at Richmond would Blair survive when his record is appalling

Only at Richmond would Richardson get a job he was/is completely unqualified to do.

Only at Richmond would we promote a recruiting manager from within a failed recruiting department .

But it's all good because we have balme . A 64 year old ex player ( mate ) that has just been demoted from another clearly disfunctional football department . A bloke that knocked us back for 30 years but now , now he wants to come home . Give me a break .

It's like when we got Danny frawley to coach all over again . He coached the collingwood reserves to the wooden spoon . And that was good enough to land him the Richmond job .

We deserve better

The board is a joke

Only at Richmond would Richardson get a job he was/is completely unqualified to do.

Only at Richmond would we promote a recruiting manager from within a failed recruiting department .

But it's all good because we have balme . A 64 year old ex player ( mate ) that has just been demoted from another clearly disfunctional football department . A bloke that knocked us back for 30 years but now , now he wants to come home . Give me a break .

It's like when we got Danny frawley to coach all over again . He coached the collingwood reserves to the wooden spoon . And that was good enough to land him the Richmond job .

We deserve better

only at richmond only at richmond only at richmond.

I won't say you are wrong on all of those.

But do yourself a favour, go on to other boards now and then, itll open your eyes.

They criticise their lists/coaches/recruiters/developers almost as much if they are doing poorly.

and yes ive heard statements at other boards saying "only here would this happen" "only we would be dumb enough to do this"

Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

only at richmond only at richmond only at richmond.

I won't say you are wrong on all of those.

But do yourself a favour, go on to other boards now and then, itll open your eyes.

They criticise their lists/coaches/recruiters/developers almost as much if they are doing poorly.

and yes ive heard statements at other boards saying "only here would this happen" "only we would be dumb enough to do this"

Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

We are the worst team in the Afl over the last 40 years mate .

This is because we have a crap board and a crap footy department that results in crappy performances . The results don't lie .

It is what it is

The board is a joke

We deserve better
Francis isn't being kept on part time as a recruiter, he will be a part time consultant - two very different things and I'd say he won't even be on the books, it's a cruisey retirement job to help the change over and to say thanks for his years of employment.

He hasn't been offered a contract, he's been advised to look elsewhere - if at the end he doesn't have anywhere to go we will then offer him one year.
He has nothing in front of him currently.

Richardson is now in the role he excels at and should have been doing since day one, that was the right move 100%

Where did they advertise this job?
A few of you coaching guns should have submitted your CV's :$

Oh you mean Ken "One Year" Hinkley?
Please mate, he's worse than Hardwick and I'm not that sold on Hardwick personally.

'My' coach?
Not 'Our' coach sonny?
Try not to slip out of character now 1980...

And for what it's worth - I would have liked to have seen someone new come in, but all the great teams at recruiting have a big recruiting teams so I'll continue to wait until all the off field changes are made to see how we build to catch up to the best.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Hinkley's won 3 finals against Hardwick's ZERO, including the one he brutalised Hardwick. I'm sure after they kicked the first 7 goals in that game you still thought Hardwick was a great coach. And after they went up 87 points you still thought Hardwick would turn it around. And after the final siren, I'm sure you thought what a great season we had.

If Hardwick ever wins his first final, we can compare the two at that time.

Hinkley's won 3 finals against Hardwick's ZERO, including the one he brutalised Hardwick. I'm sure after they kicked the first 7 goals in that game you still thought Hardwick was a great coach. And after they went up 87 points you still thought Hardwick would turn it around. And after the final siren, I'm sure you thought what a great season we had.

Yes, he has won finals but has also missed the finals for 2 consecutive years in a row (while we made another in that time) with a list that was apparently a contender... Not very impressive apart from 3 good games.

Actually no, I didn't think any of those... good try though!

I don't think Hardwick is a great coach, I'm not sold on him at all but I'll give him the extra year he has earned to see what he can do with new coaches and a re structure of the FD.
I don't think he's the anti-christ like you say, either.

And actually, making the finals is a good (no, not great) year - not winning a final is a bad finals series.
It takes a lot to get there and as we know not many teams do, it's not easy.

The game was over in 8 minutes from the first bounce.
The CFC EF was over 2 min before HT and we were five goals up
The North game was over in the practice match in rd23

The game was over in 8 minutes from the first bounce.
The game was really over before it started, we were never going to win after 9 in a row, most teams drop one after 9 regardless of who you are, add in a Port in tantalising form, in Adelaide on a perfect day and the mental fatigue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a list balance perspective he was right, its the first time we had players of all age ranges in pretty much every position.
Its just that a lot of our players still are young and inconsistent and we still don't have a lot of depth. Its better than it used to be but our depth doesn't have a lot of games under their belt.
As soon as we picked a bunch of kids to come in and play Adelaide in Round 3 I knew our season was pretty much over, I commented on it before the game even though everyone was happy about the changes and the scapegoat players who were dropped.

But Dimmer referred to the list as an iceberg and that Markov and Castagna were just the tip of it.

Pre season, he even stated –
“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

I believe the cream he referenced was Yarran. :drunk:

And as for knowing when the season was over, it wasn't the kids inclusion v carlton.
It was this.

image.jpg

Dimmer's Hipsters, straddling White beasts like a squad of Prince charmings
In search of the Holy Grail.

But Dimmer referred to the list as an iceberg and that Markov and Castagna were just the tip of it.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

And as for knowing when the season was over, it wasn't the kids inclusion v carlton.
It was this.

View attachment 289080

That image gave me a bad feeling about life in general, let alone the season.

It was this.

View attachment 289080

I love horses , but those blokes like that with The advertising made those horses look sad
Just horrible and it resembled more like a Mardi Gras platoon.

It was this.

View attachment 289080

post reported for bringing up the most cringe worthy start to the season :p

Remove this Banner Ad

News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back