News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, sack the coach. That's all we need.

They can't think past the fact that Hardwick has not had a strong list to work with.
In fact one could argue that he's a great coach having taken an average list to 15 wins last year, defeating Hawks and Sydney along the way.
Batchelor, Gordon, Foley, Conca, for example, were all supposed to bring home the bacon in a final.
Upgrade the list and Hardwick will deliver.
HHHHAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH was it not posters just like you espousing the virtues of the list at the start of the yr.
I suppose it has never occured to you to ask WHY after 7 whole yrs we dont have a list that can even make the 8. I suppose Hardwick had nothing to do with the evoluition of the list since 09.

So lets see
they have

- conducted a review of the FD
- sacked most the assistants
- hired a highly rated GM
- appointed more (hopefully) competend people forstrength conditioning/head recruiting roles
- Delisted two players (for now)
- will be trading three (So far)
- We will be getting Prestia

and its only TWO weeks into the off season

just because Dimma isn't sacked doesn't mean "nothing" has been done.
The review only conducted two of your points. Nice try

And yet like dimma those most responsible for a 7 yr rebuild yes 7 yrs that has abysmally failed which was obvbiously going to fail at least 3 yrs ago are still there.

You do realise this latest review is the 4th review we have had in the last 8yrs. I would not be putting too much faith in any review when those who want it are setting the parameters.
- so we had a review big deal there have been blatently obvious things that needed to happen 4 yrs ago and not one thing had been done or even identified as being wrong that is incompetent. FMD it took a review for them to even look at the OBVIOUS.
- LOL sacked the assistents YOU ME THE BLOODY SEEING EYE DOG WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME.Yet the one most responsible the one where the buck should stop is still there.
- Hired a bloke who fell into our laps we all know what happened at the pies.Would we have even went after him if the shit had not hit the fan these last 12 months. I doubt it they had no idea. FMD WE DID NOT EVEN TALK TO BALME UNTIL AFTER RND 22.
- lol delisted 2 players most clubs have already done more.You want to hope its more than two more like 10 or 12.
- Trading 3 players hooray two of them should have been moved on yrs ago.
- Prestia we will see if injury free he could be a good get but personally i would rather we traded pick 6 into a top 2 pick if possible.

As usual it all looks great but dig a little and there really is not much substance.

So, because its the 4th in 8years means its doomed to failure?

- yes yes because the review only covered what we've seen happen so far?? You realise they aren't going to share absolutely every nuance of it for all to see right? and just because you think its obvious doesn't mean it is.
- Gale says we've been talking to him for weeks, so thats rubbish.
- 10 or 12? lmao like we even need to delist that many when most would be tradeable. It would be a dumb move anyway. Someone has already explained that, you delist that many and ou end up having to go into the late rounds of the draft and end up drafting a spud. I am so glad you are not in charge of the list.

like i said, its only TWO weeks into the off season, and what we have done already is pretty good... The season is 6 MONTHS away, who know what else they have in store??

Yep, sack the coach. That's all we need.

They can't think past the fact that Hardwick has not had a strong list to work with.
In fact one could argue that he's a great coach having taken an average list to 15 wins last year, defeating Hawks and Sydney along the way.
Batchelor, Gordon, Foley, Conca, for example, were all supposed to bring home the bacon in a final.
Upgrade the list and Hardwick will deliver.

Wait what?

Didn't you think we had the list to be top 4 this year? Didn't Hardwivk say he had the best list? Didn't he say he has a list that should be playing finals?

You can't have it both ways.

He's either part of putting together a shit list after 7 years in charge or he's failed with a list that you and he thought was good enough for top 4.

What an absolute crock of shit that post is.

So, because its the 4th in 8years means its doomed to failure?

- yes yes because the review only covered what we've seen happen so far?? You realise they aren't going to share absolutely every nuance of it for all to see right? and just because you think its obvious doesn't mean it is.
- Gale says we've been talking to him for weeks, so thats rubbish.
- 10 or 12? lmao like we even need to delist that many when most would be tradeable. It would be a dumb move anyway. Someone has already explained that, you delist that many and ou end up having to go into the late rounds of the draft and end up drafting a spud. I am so glad you are not in charge of the list.

like i said, its only TWO weeks into the off season, and what we have done already is pretty good... The season is 6 MONTHS away, who know what else they have in store??
Keep kidding yourself bud after all it is the one constant thing the club and supporters have been so good at for so long.

HHHHAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH was it not posters just like you espousing the virtues of the list at the start of the yr.
I suppose it has never occured to you to ask WHY after 7 whole yrs we dont have a list that can even make the 8. I suppose Hardwick had nothing to do with the evoluition of the list since 09.

What's that first word?
No espousing from me buddy. But with everyone fully fit and firing we'd have had a much better year.
We did have a list to make the 8, mate, 3 years in a row...where have you been???
The senior coach realised that group couldn't take us to the next level and needed upgrading. Hence the step backwards comment and playing kids more, Chaplin phased out, Morris in the 2s at the start.
Drafting Rioli, C Ellis, Markov, Lennon, Menadue, Short, Castagna, who are talent upgrades but not yet ready.
Yes, aspects of the game style looked shithouse this year, l admit.
What do you admit in return?

Wait what?

Didn't you think we had the list to be top 4 this year? Didn't Hardwivk say he had the best list? Didn't he say he has a list that should be playing finals?

He's either part of putting together a shit list after 7 years in charge or he's failed with a list that you and he thought was good enough for top 4.

he said he had the best list he has had in 7 years... and he has a point, our depth is actually stronger and our kids in recent drafts show much more promise than most of our others (apart from the obvious big 5)

We had 4 players who played every game, there was literally no continuity within the team whatsoever this year.

Game plan was horrid too, but I believe he will (and will have no choice) but to change it.

Wait what?

Gotta love the head in the sand brigade Tb.It is sad really to see how naieve or just plain deluded supporters are. If it is neither of these it can only be disingenuity.

What's that first word?
No espousing from me buddy. But with everyone fully fit and firing we'd have had a much better year.
We did have a list to make the 8, mate, 3 years in a row...where have you been???
The senior coach realised that group couldn't take us to the next level and needed upgrading. Hence the step backwards comment and playing kids more, Chaplin phased out, Morris in the 2s at the start.
Drafting Rioli, C Ellis, Markov, Lennon, Menadue, Short, Castagna, who are talent upgrades but not yet ready.
Yes, aspects of the game style looked shithouse this year, l admit.
What do you admit in return?
Keep kidding yourself bud it makes me feel intelligent and i know im a dumb arse.Can i ask how old are you.

Wait what?

I was hoping everything would go well enough to be top 4. Can't remember posting that but hey, I'll be honest, that's what I hoped for.
Hardwick said he had the best list since he's been there. And if you didn't have hate in your heart you would agree that is the case. Look at the bottom 10 from 3 years ago to now. A lot of our talent is in kids and injured blokes but in pure talent terms, yes, the list is the best it's been.

Gotta love the head in the sand brigade Tb.It is sad really to see how naieve or just plain deluded supporters are. If it is neither of these it can only be disingenuity.

Sad to see some consistently post without basic spelling ability.
Or at least a spellchecker on his laptop.

I was hoping everything would go well enough to be top 4. Can't remember posting that but hey, I'll be honest, that's what I hoped for.
Hardwick said he had the best list since he's been there. And if you didn't have hate in your heart you would agree that is the case. Look at the bottom 10 from 3 years ago to now. A lot of our talent is in kids and injured blokes but in pure talent terms, yes, the list is the best it's been.

I hate using the injury excuses, but if you have a look at all the players who played less than 22 games, ESPECIALLy out of our kids, I reckon most sides would have struggled with that. Exceptions being GWS and maybe Hawthorn.

he said he had the best list he has had in 7 years... and he has a point, our depth is actually stronger and our kids in recent drafts show much more promise than most of our others (apart from the obvious big 5)

We had 4 players who played every game, there was literally no continuity within the team whatsoever this year.

Game plan was horrid too, but I believe he will (and will have no choice) but to change it.
Can you tell me why you agree the listt is the best we have had in 7 yrs. What do you base this on?
How do you rate each player? Do you have a process for evaluation, What boxes does each player tick, How do they stack up against opposition where do they sit as far as rating them goes atm? How do you rate their performances at afl level to date.I could go on.
Look and analise for yourself i would suggest that is not happening .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet it's a list that is nowhere near to being good enough. More holes than Swiss cheese.

Hardwick has failed with his game plan. You didn't have to be Ray Charles to see he lost the players and they grew frustrated with his game plan.

Yet, the blame has gone on just the assistants? He escapes it all?

Speaking to some senior football people from other clubs, they can't understand what is happening. Everyone sees its not working and he isn't the right man, yet they are backing him.

That decision is going to cost the club we love dearly. Money, sponsorship, members and fans.

All because there's a boys club that was never going to be broken, no matter what the review suggested.

Hardwick has built an inferior list. He's also made the list play pistol football. Not sure what else to say.

Sad to see some consistently post without basic spelling ability.
Or at least a spellchecker on his laptop.
Some of us dnt give a shit about gramma. All i can say is how pathetic are people who have to have a go at peoples ability to spell did you go to uni good for you if you did me i completed yr 10 of high school and i went thru as with many difficulties. But hey i am now worth at least 5 mil and have my own business.
More to the point i have been thru the scholl of hard knocks and have learnt what is important in life have you.

Some of us dnt give a shit about gramma. All i can say is how pathetic are people who have to have a go at peoples ability to spell did you go to uni good for you if you did me i completed yr 10 of high school and i went thru as with many difficulties. But hey i am now worth at least 5 mil and have my own business.
More to the point i have been thru the scholl of hard knocks and have learnt what is important in life have you.

If you're going to have a crack expect a bit back, mate.
Anyone I know worth $5m never has to tell anyone.

Can you tell me why you agree the listt is the best we have had in 7 yrs. What do you base this on?
How do you rate each player? Do you have a process for evaluation, What boxes does each player tick, How do they stack up against opposition where do they sit as far as rating them goes atm? How do you rate their performances at afl level to date.I could go on.
Look and analise for yourself i would suggest that is not happening .

Common sense, way less spuds/list cloggers/foot soldiers then we had 4-5 years ago and more talent.

We still those sort of players, but we had double the amount back then.

and you realise that he never once compared our kids to other teams?? He only compared them to the teams we have had in previous years.

Common sense, way less spuds/list cloggers/foot soldiers then we had 4-5 years ago and more talent.

We still those sort of players, but we had double the amount back then.

and you realise that he never once compared our kids to other teams?? He only compared them to the teams we have had in previous years.
That was not what i asked. In appraising ouir list what processes do YOU go thru for YOURSELF.
Personally i dont need to hear what anyone at the club has to say because i have my own processes that i put to the test.

I would argue strongly about anything you have said in this post and i go thru a process to get there a process that has held me in good stead.

How many spuds do we have and why do you call them spuds.
same for foot soldiers how many boxes does each player tick or not tick?
Why do you think we have more talent than say 2010.
I would argue strongly that we have gone backwards since 2012. Yet we made 3 finals ( big freakin deal) since 2012.

That was not what i asked. In appraising ouir list what processes do YOU go thru for YOURSELF.
Personally i dont need to hear what anyone at the club has to say because i have my own processes that i put to the test.

I would argue strongly about anything you have said in this post and i go thru a process to get there a process that has held me in good stead.

How many spuds do we have and why do you call them spuds.
same for foot soldiers how many boxes does each player tick or not tick?
Why do you think we have more talent than say 2010.
I would argue strongly that we have gone backwards since 2012. Yet we made 3 finals ( big freakin deal) since 2012.

lol process, lets leave that to the club. sometimes I just like to be a supporter and just watch football. yeah I am critical at times but do I go into detail about every single player and analyse/review them in the same way clubs do? no i don't

ok we will call them list cloggers... atm? I would say 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back