Analysis Review v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Bulldog supporters becoming so childish and classless.

Booing Ray on his 200th, booing Riewoldt, totally classless, and it shouldn't be so.

I remember being at the Western Oval when Frawley played his last game. We ran onto the field as the Saints players carried him off. The Bulldog supporters in the EJ Whitten stand stood to a man and a woman to applaud Frawley from the field, this after their team had been beaten.

My whole family are Dogs supporters and don't carry on like the fools on here. Was at a family gathering yesterday and we all talked about the game and there was no breast beating and skiting from my family, just as there was none in R1 when we beat the Dogs.

Some WB supporters need to grow up and get over their victim mentality. They blame Riewoldt for Lakes brain fade and reckon he is a diver. WHile at the same time laud Brad Johnson, the biggest diver in the modern game only superceded by a crop or WCE players.

Wake up to yourselves. You will for ever be losers until you get over your victim mentality. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
For what it's worth, I cringed hard at the booing of Ray. Can't comprehend how anyone could hold a grudge against the guy, he just took his chance and ran with it and has had a fine career with the Saints. Then again, who knows with the booing this year. It's gone to another level and just about everyone seems to cop it for some reason.

I don't think anyone really carries on like they do on here. Everyone's as bad as each other. I'll stir people up and partake in all the "us v them" crap but in reality, there are so many greater evils in the AFL than the Saints (ie. Carlton, Essendon), it's not worth directing any hate at you. I think most of you feel the same way about us.

There's been a bit of back-and-forth about our respective rebuilds (and the term "rebuild" itself) but really, we'd be splitting hairs. I'm so excited by the talent we put on the park on Saturday, in addition to guys like Honeychurch and Daniel who played VFL. As for the Saints, Sandy's team yesterday was a massive testament to the quality of your recruiting team and development coaches - McCartin was nothing short of menacing at times, and Sinclair's form had me shaking my head knowing he should've been playing the night before.

Best of luck for the rest of the year, honestly.

I think the thread is worth closing...

We have opinions.. And this game and stuff surrounding it has been done to death.

No one is going to win in a "you were worse" discussion.

Thought Membrey played a great game. Even when he doesn't get a lot of it, he helps our structure but on Saturday night he contributed really well as a tall forward. I'm not yet convinced he will make it - he could end up as a Jessie White type - but I think he took a big step on the weekend. Bravo.

I wonder whether we should persevere with Minchington. As a small forward he's behind Sinclair, Lonie and probably Saad (IMO) and as a midfielder he's behind too many to name. He does have nice skills, so may be worth another year to see if he can force his way into the midfield, or at least provide a solid back up, but I'm just not sure I see enough in him.

I thought both teams focused on not losing more than winning. The Dogs in particular folded back like it was 2005 which made it incredibly hard for us going inside forward 50. Because super floods don't happen very often any more, we just weren't drilled well enough to handle it. When we did get inside 50, we went really wide. People (including the coach) have lamented our goal kicking, but really we missed very few easy shots.

Geez!! talk about a double whammy attack from the Dogs:eek:
First the Bulldogs beat us by a kick:mad:
Now my wife just called me at work to say my dog chewed up and ate my Saints membership card:(
I hope his crap comes out with a barcode on it or im gonna have trouble scanning it in next game:eek::p

Geez!! talk about a double whammy attack from the Dogs:eek:
First the Bulldogs beat us by a kick:mad:
Now my wife just called me at work to say my dog chewed up and ate my Saints membership card:(
I hope his crap comes out with a barcode on it or im gonna have trouble scanning it in next game:eek::p

Call up the club now they're pretty quick usually

Dempster spent the majority of the time on Stringer.

I only saw Gilbert have very limited minutes on Stringer, and he seemed to start on Bontempelli as a forward (the commentators noted during the second as to how quiet he'd been).

He then went to Roughead who wasn't able to get his hands on it either.

After Minson was subbed out, Gilbert seemed to have various opponents.

The clangers were ugly no doubt, but it did seem that he was getting the ball first (as the team-high 6 intercepts would indicate).

Interesting that the recent article indicated that Gilbert shouldn't have even been on the ground for one of his clangers:

"Richardson has considered switching defender Sam Gilbert forward.

But Gilbert is about to come off for a spell, comes the call. Richardson decides to speak to him on the bench, then make the move. Attention focuses elsewhere. But a couple of minutes later, with the ball in the back line, it's Gilbert who emerges with the pill in hand. He bravely takes on the Bulldog defence, but is nabbed for holding the ball.

What happened to the interchange? The message hasn't been relayed in time.

Richardson isn't happy as he yells down the line to his lieutenant on the bench, a former Bulldog in Lindsay Gilbee. "Thanks very bloody much. If you can't get him off the ground, just tell me."

Whilst I'm on our more popular players, Delaney had 15 1%ers (by far the most this year).

Schneider had 4 score assists (2 of them goals). Plus 7 tackles and 15 pressure acts (both areas we were well down on as a team compared to the Melbourne game).

The Bulldogs almost kicked their entire score from turnovers (47 points out of 62), Richardson noting "That was ours [to win]. What they got off the turnover ... we just kicked it to them."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dempster spent the majority of the time on Stringer.

Which hasn't gone unrecognised in the coaches' votes (nor did Geary's job):
10 Easton Wood (WB)
7 Robert Murphy (WB)
4 Sean Dempster (StK)
3 Leigh Montagna (StK)
2 Matthew Boyd (WB)
2 Jack Newnes (StK)
1 Jarryn Geary (StK)
1 Nick Riewoldt (StK)

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Review v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad