Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping into this thread, but I watched the movie 'Control' for a second time last night, about Ian Curtis and Joy Division. Great movie, such a tragic story, highly recommend it. Talk about burning brilliantly and brightly for a short period. Curtis was a genius and only 23 when he died.

I noticed a reference to Nick Drake earlier on this thread. Just bought the CD today, 'Way to Blue, the Songs of Nick Drake', by various artists. Listening to it now. Very nice.

and Drake was only 26 when he died.

Another couple of my favourites of his:

The Arctic Monkey's with a bit of country.

Thanks Copeland, from the Jools Holland show? Havent seen that for a while, not sure if its still on TV. Maybe one of the late time slots on ABC2 or SBS2.

and Drake was only 26 when he died.

Another couple of my favourites of his:

I love Nick Drake. Did anyone see the Nick Drake tribute concert here a year or 2 back? There are numerous clips from the British performances of the show on Youtube, including this full concert from 2010 from Britain . For those who know Danny Thompson playing base, he was the base player on Nick Drake's 3 albums. Nick Drake's manager was also part of the touring group. He filled the audience in on some little known details of Nick's short musical career.

Loving this song right now.

Such simple and powerful lyrics right up.

"Wolf mother where you been? You look so worn, so thin!"

Add to that some damn catchy drums, guitar and vocals and it is a winner.

First Aid Kit - Wolf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pogues, big time, partly inspired by hearing 'Fairytale of New York' being played on a xmas mix at a shopping centre. Yes it mentions christmas, no it is not a christmas song...
You´re a bum you´re a punk
You´re an old **** on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag you maggot
You cheap lousy ******
Happy christmas your arse I pray god it´s our last

The Pogues, big time, partly inspired by hearing 'Fairytale of New York' being played on a xmas mix at a shopping centre. Yes it mentions christmas, no it is not a christmas song...
You´re a bum you´re a punk
You´re an old **** on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag you maggot
You cheap lousy ******
Happy christmas your arse I pray god it´s our last

Love The Pogues and love that song! Sad about Kirsty McColl, still missed.

Just heard of this female singer today - Tift Merritt.. She is good solo and out here in April. Really like the utube clips, with or without band.

I saw this band on Spicks and Specks the other night. They're from Melbourne and play jazzy, loungy, chilled out type music, and it even features some psychedelic and trip hop elements. Intricate drumming, trippy guitar work and great melodies. It's fantastic.
Cellophane:

Black Coffee:

Uh!Oh!:

Clouds:

Holy ****!!!!!!! This is awesome!!!!!!!! Has anyone else noticed?

All the old embedded videos that got lost in the last upgrade are back!!!!!!!!

DThomas I think you may be the only person as excited as I am to know this haha :p

I now declare this moment the best thing to come out of the upgrade. It's official. I will declare details of the ceremony to mark the momentous occasion in due course.

In the meantime guitar riff!:

Holy ****!!!!!!! This is awesome!!!!!!!! Has anyone else noticed?

All the old embedded videos that got lost in the last upgrade are back!!!!!!!!

DThomas I think you may be the only person as excited as I am to know this haha :p

I now declare this moment the best thing to come out of the upgrade. It's official. I will declare details of the ceremony to mark the momentous occasion in due course.

In the meantime guitar riff!:

No way! That is so good! I remember being disappointed when they all disappeared, especially since I usually post an adjective to describe the song and then the song itself, without the actual song title or band name.:p

F*ck yeah, Sabbath! Speaking of epic riffs:

Remove this Banner Ad

Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back