Rhys Palmer Just Missed From 10m Out!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

When Palmer was lining up I kinda knew he would miss it. Not so much because of his skills but the context of the game. And everyone gets nervouse when your 15 metres out directly infront. And the run up was poor like he was just sprinting towards the goals. Than the kick....well well well. :(

With any other player it would be the context of the game. With Rhys Palmer it's because he is the worst kick in the AFL. It's brilliant seeing him turn into nothing but a handball player :D Completely negates his only strength which was his speed... now he can burst from packs but can't kick to anyone so is looking for a handball :D :D :D

However to all those one - eyed Hawks fans. I would like you to get back into reality. Palmer didn't make many blunders that match until that awful kick. And he is always hard at it and wins the ball well. Rioli......
...... again ..........

Whats with the Rioli hype...

C'mon...

As I have said before Palmer has kicked more goals than Rioli this year. And I don't want any mucho bucho about Rioli playing beside 2 big guns and that he plays on the flank or whatever. Palmer plays in the midfield.... Palmer is more effective than Rioli in terms of disposal (If you dont believe me check the AFL site, and just so you dont have to I will show you know)

Palmer's Average Effective Disposal %: 71.33% :)
Rioli's Average Effective Disposal %: 55.33% :eek:

Palmer's Goals This Year: 3
Rioli's Goals This Year: 2

Palmer's Average Disposal %: 22.33
Rioli's Average Disposal %: 14.67

Palmer has laid 13 tackles this year to Rioli's 17. Yes Rioli is probably that more type of a player, always applying pressure but when he has the ball in his hands.... I don't know where the hype is.

Palmer's Marks this year: 13
Rioli's Marks this year: 12

There you go....

Oh and before you say anything yes I did watch Rioli's game last night and yes I watched Palmer's.

You may argue that Rioli doesn't miss crunch time goals. That could be the case however I haven't seen Rioli in that sort of situation.

And another fact you may bring up is that all Palmer's effective disposals put his teammate under pressure or all his kicks are helicopters.

1: I would like to know what is measured as an effective disposal, if its just a disposal that goes to a player than thats fair enough. But than look at Rioli's EFFECTIVE disposals....

2. Before anyone brings that 'helicopter' point up I would like you to watch all of Palmer's matches this year...

That is my argument...

:D

You need to adjust for the fact that Palmer plays for Fremantle and Rioli for Hawthorn. You do realise if Rioli played for Fremantle he would be doubling his statistics instantly.

A sad reality for the Dockers is that Palmer has become their 4th best player (behind Pavlich, Mcpharlin and Hayden). Whilst Rioli is not even within the top 10 players at Hawthorn - yet is far better than Palmer.

You need to adjust for the fact that Palmer plays for Fremantle and Rioli for Hawthorn. You do realise if Rioli played for Fremantle he would be doubling his statistics instantly.

A sad reality for the Dockers is that Palmer has become their 4th best player (behind Pavlich, Mcpharlin and Hayden). Whilst Rioli is not even within the top 10 players at Hawthorn - yet is far better than Palmer.

It can work both ways.

One could argue that a player being surrounded by other players who are of a fantastic caliber should do better than most.

Or that a player who is in a group of poor players should do worse...

Than you went on to say that Rioli would be doubling his stats instantly if he where playing for Freo.

1. You have no proof coz he has never played for Fremantle
2. Even if he does double his stats would his efficiency in terms of ball use change...?:eek::p

And the Hawks haven't exactly been playing great football have they, because of all their injuries and what not. So your argument automatically becomes irrelevant.

Rioli is a good player but no where near a champion yet. Nor is he far better than Palmer.

I did.
I also had Porps to be the leading goalkicker :thumbsu:
Haselby to be the leading possession winner in his group :thumbsu:
Van Berlo to the the leading possession winner in his group (tied with Ibbotson) :confused:
so not too bad.

shit man...good form, i gotta get some betting tips off ya.
( when i turn 18 in a couple months)

and palmer...
i admit the kick was ugly, but you cant judge him on one shocker.

There too dumb to understand stats they have to completely ignore your post.
They see numbers an sit there scratching there heads for 10mins wondering trying to figure it out.

They cant so go back to trying to troll

He is already a champ and will only get better.

Masten, ha ha... :D

Palmer can only get better, if he gets any worse you guys will be in the crapper.

Westcoast fans continue to say it, but ill say it again at least Masten can kick.

Palmers like richo an ok kick with the odd shank every now an then
Ofcourse when he shanks 1 everyone notices and makes a big deal out of it as they should.

Yet he is still a better kick than that useless crab oops eagles next star midfielder Maaaasten.

I will take a palmer who does the hard work in an under packs, gets more disposals and has an overall better disposal efficiency than masten everytime.

While you guys from somewhere on the west coast can keep thinking masten is a fantastic kick an getting flogged by over 50 points every few weeks

Palmers like richo an ok kick with the odd shank every now an then
Ofcourse when he shanks 1 everyone notices and makes a big deal out of it as they should.

Yet he is still a better kick than that useless crab oops eagles next star midfielder Maaaasten.

I will take a palmer who does the hard work in an under packs, gets more disposals and has an overall better disposal efficiency than masten everytime.

While you guys from somewhere on the west coast can keep thinking masten is a fantastic kick an getting flogged by over 50 points every few weeks

Atleast we're winning matches between those floggings.

Hows 0-3 treating ya?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atleast we're winning matches between those floggings.

Hows 0-3 treating ya?

Dude you have won a game ....I wouldn't get overly excited.

The Saints game was a slaughter of epic proportions.

Not claiming the high ground here at all but it was a very ordinary round 3 performance.

Palmer can only get better, if he gets any worse you guys will be in the crapper.

Westcoast fans continue to say it, but ill say it again at least Masten can kick.
Yeah Masten can really kick can't he.. How many kicks did he actually get on the weekend?

Would I be correct in saying that Chad Fletcher had a better game than him?

He's the new Josh Wooden..

There too dumb to understand stats they have to completely ignore your post.
They see numbers an sit there scratching there heads for 10mins wondering trying to figure it out.

They cant so go back to trying to troll

irony61.jpg

Some people may say stats are bunk. And they are to a certain extent.

Like the disposals one,

But the efficiency stat is the one that all the Hawthorn fans where going on about last year making Rioli their manchild.

So its funny to say when Palmer is more efficient than Rioli statisitaclly they keep quiet until saying something like. "Oh but you need to watch him, coz off the ball he does mind boggling things."

Sure he might,

But at the say time you occasional can contradict yourself.

Im not saying Rioli isn't a class player, it's just the hype the kid has got on his shoulders is stupid. He doesn't need to be a champion of Hawthorn, he certainly can. But Rioli being the type he is I doubt hype will make him a better player.

yep sure was a bad miss but it wasn't this...
[youtube]bvXYAazPJnA[/youtube]
So clever.
Can you post another example or are you just a BF sheep without independant thoughts & just bleat the same line over & over ?
I feel there will be some bleating coming along or maybe just some tired ineffective comeback.

Kreuzer, Rioli, Cotchin and many others will turn out better than this SPUD!

why compare him with Kreuzer, Cotchin they were taken earleir in the draft (not like Freo overlooked them) so you'd hope they turn out better for those club's sake. i remeber not long ago everyone was laughing at murphy's sh*thouse disposal also hows the lazy foward pocket you recruited at pick number 6 going anyway, has he touched a football yet?

Yeah Masten can really kick can't he.. How many kicks did he actually get on the weekend?

Would I be correct in saying that Chad Fletcher had a better game than him?

He's the new Josh Wooden..

They were 8 quality disposals though Stronz and his 1 tackle was absolutely top shelf.

Palmers 20 disp and 7 tackles were no where near as classy and clean.

If only WC had not taken this inside ball winning machine and left us with the outside Rhys (I think that is still the official line).

OK, so according to Champion Data he is the Clanger King. You will notice that the data wasn't published in the article, so in theory he could be the clanger king by 1 point. He's just an easy target at the moment.

Taken from Champion Data's site:

"Rankings samples

An effective long kick has to travel more than 40 metres to a 50/50 contested or better for the team. The computer adds four rankings points for each effective long kick.

If the long kick goes to a teammate for an uncontested possession, research shows this is very valuable for the team and the computer adds five rankings points to the players tally.

Effective short kicks are less than 40 metres that result in uncontested possession to a teammate. The computer also adds four rankings points for these.

Clanger kicks are when the kick goes down the throat of the opposition and the computer deducts eight rankings points from the players tally because this hurts the team badly.

Ineffective kicks occur most often where players kick short to a contest and the computer ignores these by giving a zero rankings value."

Let's have a look at the entire statistics, if we are going to go down the path of taking cheap shots at 2nd year players. Let's not pick out the clangers. If 10% of Palmer's kicks are clangers, then 90% aren't. I don't have the Champion Data Player Rankings, but I'd be surprised if Palmer wasn't well above average in the kicking rankings based on this ranking system.

Well, yes Palmer does have more clangers than any other person in the AFL.

But again, I just find it bamboozling with people continueing to say how good Rioli is. Hes not the most effective kick but can occasionally reak some magic. Thats great but still.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhys Palmer Just Missed From 10m Out!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back