• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will coach next year, but there's some real worrying signs. The entire coaching staff and assistants needs another overhaul.

The persistence with rubbish players (Castagna, Aarts, Soldo) over youth with upside is damning. We are gonna fall into a massive hole pretty soon if we don't change that.
thats hopefully just cause they think we're sitll in the flag window. hopefully that delusion ends after we lose to north.

though youve also gotta think, would they (including tarrant) be in the side if martin, cotchin, lambert, vlastuin and balta were available? i doubt it. we're down to players 28-35 on the list at the moment. at least theyre not playing parker.

also, harsh on soldo. hes no max gawn but hes also not a ccj/stanley/any ruck from port or gws spud either

doubt buckley is a chance, and id have thought gigg is a bit inexperienced still.

leppa might be a good go as a second chance, or what about caracella?
Not sure what qualifies inexperience vs experience in the case of Grigga.4yrs seems reasonable too me.
Leppa not sure if he has the desire to be a senior coach again while Caracella wonder how much of a dint he's taken in his rep at essendon.
Another could be Adam Yze.

Tactically I rate bucks, but I don’t rate his ability to manage a team some of the stuff that has come out of Collingwood since he left is pretty damning in that respect, how he handled Treloar and told him the players don’t want him in the team and some of the stuff that has come out about his attitude towards indigenous players been pretty bad
Good point in regards to man management.

Leon Cameron is a terrible coach.

Not as an assistant he's not. There's a thing called a soft cap ya know. Ya can't have Clarkson, Longmire, Simpson as your assistants. We were plundered of Caracalla, Rutten, McCrae, and Leppitch the ultimate team man left during Covid so his fellow coaches could keep their jobs (the fact he'd just sold a multiple unit development that financial year would've helped his decision also) our current lot aren't getting poached bc they're nothing special. We need to upgrade and move on some. Hell even Rutten and Caracella might be unemployed soon.

Hardwick can have the job as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.
Our 'bottom 5' players aren't great but that's expected with 3 Flags and the salary cap.
His game plan has been disrupted by Steven Hocking but he has adapted.
Last years draft crop will replace Castagna and Arts next year and our young players are very good for a premiership team with few high draft picks.
He just needs to admit he got it wrong with Castagna and use Stack, Marshall and Parker more.

He will coach next year, but there's some real worrying signs. The entire coaching staff and assistants needs another overhaul.
When he leaves we need someone cheaper so we can get quality around the new coach. Coaching and development; both physical and mental.
Tactically I rate bucks, but I don’t rate his ability to manage a team some of the stuff that has come out of Collingwood since he left is pretty damning in that respect, how he handled Treloar and told him the players don’t want him in the team and some of the stuff that has come out about his attitude towards indigenous players been pretty bad
The Treloar situation was disgusting.

agreed. his man management skills are abhorrent and his empathy/understanding of other people is non existent. he's got the mentality of someone born in the 60s, where the only reason someone is unhappy or not performing is because theyre a sook whos not trying hard enough.
no surprise that the 1 year they were good was the year he softened up, before hardening up again and the team goes to s**t. then you plug in mcrae who comes from our more empathetic system and bam, they improve significantly. As did we when hardwick changed from his hardass controlling type to the empathetic caring type.

that this fact still cant be seen by the dinosaurs who think literally abusing players is good coaching, and the young generation who wont accept that is soft, just goes to show how backwards and out of touch they are.
Can’t love this enough

Our 'bottom 5' players aren't great but that's expected with 3 Flags and the salary cap.
Last years draft crop will replace Castagna and Arts next year and our young players are very good for a premiership team with few high draft picks.
He just needs to admit he got it wrong with Castagna and use Stack, Marshall and Parker more.
A time comes for every coach to me the group isn't listening to him or responding to situations like they were during the premierships.

How can these big choke up leads keep happening? we have enough premiership leaders the reponse has not been great the last couple of years.

A time comes for every coach to me the group isn't listening to him or responding to situations like they were during the premierships.

How can these big choke up leads keep happening? we have enough premiership leaders the reponse has not been great the last couple of years.
Our bottom 5 players are average, he's coaching well .

He keeps picking them..
Not a huge amount of choice given the injury’s we have the other options are first year players or guys who simply aren’t ready

Being at the top has eroded our depth happens to all the top sides the comp it designed to function that way

Not a huge amount of choice given the injury’s we have the other options are first year players or guys who simply aren’t ready

Being at the top has eroded our depth happens to all the top sides the comp it designed to function that way
Hasn't happened to Geelong? their is depth there it just isn't played, Dimma has no trust in young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't happened to Geelong? their is depth there it just isn't played, Dimma has no trust in young players.
But we are playing young players, Rioli Jr, Ralphsmith, Gibcus, Ross, Clarke, Biggy just off the top of my head
It’s just now the key injury’s have piled up to a point of being unsustainable because we are already playing a few kids every game

He plays the kids, just not before they are ready

Geelong haven’t had the amount of key injury’s to key players all at the same time so the exposure hasn’t been as dramatic

But we are playing young players, Rioli Jr, Ralphsmith, Gibcus, Ross, Clarke, Biggy just off the top of my head
It’s just now the key injury’s have piled up to a point of being unsustainable because we are already playing a few kids every game

Geelong haven’t had the amount of key injury’s to key players all at the same time so the exposure hasn’t been as dramatic
MRJ is being played & he doesn't look ready but at least it's getting games into him, I reckon we need to play younger players for the rest of season.
Anyone that is not going to be part of the next premiership, I wouldn't play any of them in less they are like JR, Cotchin, Edwards to me I wouldn't play Lambert anymore.

I don't even think it's our kids that are letting down to me it's more of our senior players.
It makes it more baffling when Dimma blames the kids in the presser. when you have Short giving away 50m penalty, Rioli 50m penalty both Aarts & Castagna miss sitters, Grimes drops a easy mark.

I don't even think it's our kids that are letting down to me it's more of our senior players.
It makes it more baffling when Dimma blames the kids in the presser. when you have Short giving away 50m penalty, Rioli 50m penalty both Aarts & Castagna miss sitters, Grimes drops a easy mark.
Chicken and egg stuff I think
Sr players absolutely let us down, but we wouldn’t of been within winning the game in the first place without them playing
Right now overall we are just carrying one or two many kids in key roles instead of them being carried a little more by a few more sr guys around them

Just on Hardwick's coaching style. Anyone who goes he's a 3 time premiership coach blah blah blah, youre a peanut we're all aware of that and is besides the point. Anyone who watches docos on Bill Bellichek it's no surprise success follows this guy. He drills it into his players scenarios, randomly interrogates players on "situational football", for those that don't know its like scenarios we're 8 points down 4th quarter, 6 minutes to go 12 yard line 1st and 10....... players that don't respond to his liking are basically screwed, benched, goneski. We're having groundhog day with losing games in the last quarter and what is our gameplan at icing the game and guarding our lead and killing oppositions momentum??????? Apart from hoping I can't honestly say. Twice this year we had games where Balta wasn't playing well up forward vice versa Gibcus down back.
Us Muppets are saying simple swap them around (he must've seen Sheedy do it successfully dozens of times), finally he does it, but way too late. His selections are crucifying us I mean Aarts, Castagna, Soldo and Edwards in the same team are far too many liabilities to be carried.

Getting back to the Gold Coast game. We let them kick 4 goals in the final 10 mins, 3 coming in the final 5 minutes. They're a bloody ordinary side who kicked 11 goals in the previous 120 mins how the hell do we let tyhem kick 3 in 5 mins thats unforgivable against top teams.. but against dud teams is mind boggling.

Last edited:
One of your more insightful posts , I honestly reckon with the side we’ve had in that we ve performed well,to be 9-7 depth is crap but as you say winning 3 flags does that , if we address obvious weaknesses post season we can continue to be up there , and yea I’d like to see Leon Cameron as an asst as it wouldn’t surprise at all to see a couple out of contract split

Delete thread it's disrepectful to Hardwick.
How is it disrespectful, I think all Richmond supporters are grateful for what he has done, but clubs have to move forward no one is bigger than the club! players or coach.
Clarkson was a good coach but it was clear he was not going to win another premiership at Hawthorn.

That was a strange comment in the presser. I get he supports the guys who have been the core of the success but he may have some tough decisions to make

That was a strange comment in the presser. I get he supports the guys who have been the core of the success but he may have some tough decisions to make
Won’t or can’t make the hard decisions, the way Josh Caddy was treated was a disgrace to a dual premiership player and who replaced him in the side ? Jake Aarts ffs

I'm very much about what's best for our club. I've supported the club long enough to see administrations, coaches and players come and go. What remains is the supporters and the legacy of Punt Road. We are the life blood of this place and without our passion, without our love and frustration, our euphoria and despair, our hard earned coin, this club would cease to exist. We are the foundation everything else is built upon.
But we are out own worst enemies too.

That same passion that drives us to watch every game, celebrate every win and even write on Big Footy, is the same passion that can threaten the stability of the club. We need to question the club and call it out on things that we disagree with (like playing Castagna and Aarts ffs!) but we also have to appreciate that it was through stability that we have had our recent ultimate success.

Blaming the coach for our failure is something we did during our darkest days. We were laughed at by the media and opposition supporters though our 'Eat our own' reputation and missed out on strong coaches because of it. All the media had to do is spark the decent then sit back and watch the Richmond Supporters do the rest. Eventually the board would fold and sack the coach and we would have to start rebuilding all over again.

Dimma needs to be held accountable for when we have bad loses but no more than our other coaches, players and administration. Dimma is not in control of injuries. If Lynch, Nank and Soldo were not injured during that game, we would have won it. If Martin, Vlaustin, Cotchin, Lambert and Ross had played, we would have won convincingly. That's not the coach.

If Castagna, Aarts, Short, Grimes or even Tarrant had not had brain fades, we would have easily won the game. That's not the coach.

If the umpires had awarded dodgy frees that resulted in goals for them, we would have won the game. That's also not the coaches fault.

We are all passionate supporters of our club or we wouldn't be on this forum. What I do hope though is that that passion is used to support our club, support our players and support our coaches. It's only through being unified during these challenging times that we will have a chance at any further success. Don't 'eat our own' and watch the media and opposition supporters laugh at us in glee.

Dimma is still the best coach in the league with the best record. Coaches like that don't grow on trees so lets stay strong and back him to use this recent adversity to solidify our great club to fight again for the flag, despite what is thrown at us. I believe we can still win this year but we won't do it by calling for the coaches head every time times get tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back