• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a stat once stating that it's rare for a coach that built a dynasty team to build another Premiership team with the same side. Sheedy is clearly one of the exceptions, but even he won 4 Premierships.

Just to put my opinion forth, I don't know what the right decision is for us. I feel like we should part ways with Hardwick at some stage (maybe in approximately 4 or 5 years if we're no longer in contention), but not at the end of this year or next year.
Next year is huge for Hardwick. Despite the painful loss tonight Which understandably puts negativity in peoples minds we have been so close to be a top 4 side this season but at the same time look so close to dropping off a cliff. If that cliff comes next season I reckon dimma just walks away happy with his contribution to the club and let’s Another coach start his journey. Coaches won’t have sheedy type tenures anymore.

Haha I rate Bucks as a coach. He got a team with Cox and Miocek as key forwards to within a bee's dick of a premiership. He never had a great list but got his team up to win a final in Perth as underdogs, got them up to beat us in the 2018 prelim. I think in the era of more restricted soft cap and less assistant coaches, he is very strong as an all rounder, whereas Dimma needs excellent tactician assistant coaches around him

Wouldn't be surprised to see next year be a swansong with a succession plan. He was very clear that when our run ends its timw for him to go, and noone is that open about that kinda thing unless its almost a certainty. Our run is clearly over, but I don't think he's just going to cut an run. He'll want to assist the club going forward, hence the transition arrangement.

Did you guy see he's presser he was blaming the kids? what is he smoking? it was experienced players Castagna, Aarts, Short 50m penalty, Grimes all made mistakes in the last quarter.

Dimma has seriously lost it.
Sad thing is we had a great coach who is coaching Collingwood right now Craig McRae would have been perfect for the next-gen.

The idea that "if your in the finals, you a contender" sounds like corny horseshit that old * trainer would have told Rocky Balboa. The real world tells you that each finals series there are generally 5 pretenders + 2 or 3 genuine contenders. Quick flick through the history books of sports just point that out.

It's anything but "bloated opinions". Its just fact - around 80% of all the teams that make the finals are not genuine "contenders". The last decade of where the flag came from vs where they finished on the ladder

2000- 1st bt 2rd
2001 - 2nd bt 1st
2002- 2nd bt 4th
2003 - 3rd bt 2nd
2004 - 1st bt 2nd
2005 - 3rd bt 2nd
2006 - 1st bt 4th
2007 - 1st bt 2nd
2008 - 2nd bt 1st
2009 - 2nd v 1st
2010 - 1st bt 3rd
2011 - 2nd bt 1st
2012 - 3rd bt 1st
2013 - 1st bt 3rd
2014 - 2nd bt 1st
2015 - 3rd bt 2nd
2016 - 7th bt 1st. (1 win + % off 4th. 2 Wins + % of top spot )
2017 - 3rd bt 1st
2018 - 2nd bt 3rd
2019 - 3rd bt 6th
2020 - 3rd bt 4t
2021 - 1st bt 5th

So the past 22 years....

Teams to play a Grandfinal out of 44 times

From the Top 2 - 28 / 44 times

From the Top 4 - 41/44 times

From Outside top 4 - 3/44 time

the winner of the flag has

From. the Top 2 - 14 times
From the Top 4 - 21 times
From Outside Top 4 - 1 time, where the Top 7 were separated by only 2 wins & the winner was not a massive underdog.

You might call that "bloated opinions", to me that is just a very unromantic, factual breakdown of the phrase "if you in it, your a contender" and how its full of s**t. If we scrap into 7th place this year i don't think anyone should be beating their house on us to win it, I don't think the team looks good enough
Great post.

He’s not going to step away, him and his coaches selecting the same tried and failed players is hurting the clubs rebuild

We’ve gotta look at the recruitment and list management aswell

We somehow pulled 3 flags on the back of a few superstars and a generational talent carrying a bunch of insipid footballers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His got the runs on the board , but for me has to much faith in players that let us down constantly and I don't care if there premiership players if there not performing they need to be dropped simple as that unless he starts to make hard calls on a few players it will put us backwards and that goes for club champions to.

I agree can't put on him the brain fades of Grimes or Short today or simple errors , but the giving up of so many leads is on him as coach.

Last edited:
Did you guy see he's presser he was blaming the kids? what is he smoking? it was experienced players Castagna, Aarts, Short 50m penalty, Grimes all made mistakes in the last quarter.

Sad thing is we had a great coach who is coaching Collingwood right now Craig McRae would have been perfect for the next-gen.

He's turning into the guy he criticised, Dan Andrews.
Delusional and defending his lie.
Has to blame the kids; only way he can defend his stubbornness in being tied at the umbilical cord to George.

He’s not going to step away, him and his coaches selecting the same tried and failed players is hurting the clubs rebuild

We’ve gotta look at the recruitment and list management aswell

We somehow pulled 3 flags on the back of a few superstars and a generational talent carrying a bunch of insipid footballers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bring 24year old Taranto to the club.
Need to start playing the youth of players we have in the VFL, Clarke, Sonsie, Banks, Dawkins even if you don't think are good enough they should be played over Aarts or Castagna.

100% this McRae was the man, I was devo when he left knowing that Dimma is in his final stages. It seems like all the good assistants left us and we were left with the dregs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get rid of Hardwicks mates, bring in Leon Cameron and Stevie Johnson in next year. They won't only be traditional coaches they can put a big emphasis on teaching skills. Imagine Shai Bolton, MRJ, Stack, Clarke, Ralphsmith etc getting weekly masterclasses from Stevie J. He's gettable too cos he's filthy McVeigh brought in his bum chums.

Next year is huge for Hardwick. Despite the painful loss tonight Which understandably puts negativity in peoples minds we have been so close to be a top 4 side this season but at the same time look so close to dropping off a cliff. If that cliff comes next season I reckon dimma just walks away happy with his contribution to the club and let’s Another coach start his journey. Coaches won’t have sheedy type tenures anymore.
Not gonna happen. His ex's lawyer eviscerated him so he's 100% motivated by $$$$$$ 's. Hell hath no fury.

I dont believe its Dimma who needs to be looked at it

Its our player development that is weak.

MRJ comes to the club with plenty of talent but has the club taken him anywhere

Our young depth is just not up to it.

Its development that is preventing us from having anyone to push George and Aarts to football oblivion. I bet Dimma hates having to revert to these guys aswell.

Id rather go after the best football developer in the land than change coach.

all his assistants have gone, just think about that

They are a good side , and having a go at the kids is why we have list the likes of Chol etc , sorry these close losses are on him

Get rid of Hardwicks mates, bring in Leon Cameron and Stevie Johnson in next year. They won't only be traditional coaches they can put a big emphasis on teaching skills. Imagine Shai Bolton, MRJ, Stack, Clarke, Ralphsmith etc getting weekly masterclasses from Stevie J. He's gettable too cos he's filthy McVeigh brought in his bum chums.

Leon Cameron is a terrible coach.

Wouldn't be surprised to see next year be a swansong with a succession plan. He was very clear that when our run ends its timw for him to go, and noone is that open about that kinda thing unless its almost a certainty. Our run is clearly over, but I don't think he's just going to cut an run. He'll want to assist the club going forward, hence the transition arrangement.
Reckon he'll end up at either Ess or Port in 24.
As for us.
Buckley is about the only option if we're to go down that path.
Or
Grigga with Lambo and Newman next to him.

Reckon he'll end up at either Ess or Port in 24.
As for us.
Buckley is about the only option if we're to go down that path.
Or
Grigga with Lambo and Newman next to him.
doubt buckley is a chance, and id have thought gigg is a bit inexperienced still.

leppa might be a good go as a second chance, or what about caracella?

He will coach next year, but there's some real worrying signs. The entire coaching staff and assistants needs another overhaul.

The persistence with rubbish players (Castagna, Aarts, Soldo) over youth with upside is damning. We are gonna fall into a massive hole pretty soon if we don't change that.

Haha I rate Bucks as a coach. He got a team with Cox and Miocek as key forwards to within a bee's dick of a premiership. He never had a great list but got his team up to win a final in Perth as underdogs, got them up to beat us in the 2018 prelim. I think in the era of more restricted soft cap and less assistant coaches, he is very strong as an all rounder, whereas Dimma needs excellent tactician assistant coaches around him
Tactically I rate bucks, but I don’t rate his ability to manage a team some of the stuff that has come out of Collingwood since he left is pretty damning in that respect, how he handled Treloar and told him the players don’t want him in the team and some of the stuff that has come out about his attitude towards indigenous players been pretty bad

Tactically I rate bucks, but I don’t rate his ability to manage a team some of the stuff that has come out of Collingwood since he left is pretty damning in that respect, how he handled Treloar and told him the players don’t want him in the team and some of the stuff that has come out about his attitude towards indigenous players been pretty bad
agreed. his man management skills are abhorrent and his empathy/understanding of other people is non existent. he's got the mentality of someone born in the 60s, where the only reason someone is unhappy or not performing is because theyre a sook whos not trying hard enough.

no surprise that the 1 year they were good was the year he softened up, before hardening up again and the team goes to shit. then you plug in mcrae who comes from our more empathetic system and bam, they improve significantly. As did we when hardwick changed from his hardass controlling type to the empathetic caring type.

that this fact still cant be seen by the dinosaurs who think literally abusing players is good coaching, and the young generation who wont accept that is soft, just goes to show how backwards and out of touch they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back