Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he won’t , like Gary Lyon and dermie, media is a much easier gig

Inclined to agree - goading him and blowing smoke up his arse might be the only way........

I still have my doubts whether Hardwick is right coach for us now.

We're in a transition period are not a contender this & the next year imo
If we make the finals this year will be making up the numbers.

I still have my doubts whether Hardwick is right coach for us now.

We're in a transition period are not a contender this & the next year imo
If we make the finals this year will be making up the numbers.
Are you suggesting the clubs goals should be to deliberately lose ea week or we’d be better placed with a David noble type in order to plunge to the bottom of the ladder . With fans like you , who needs trolls

Are you suggesting the clubs goals should be to deliberately lose ea week or we’d be better placed with a David noble type in order to plunge to the bottom of the ladder . With fans like you , who needs trolls
I never said that, I said we should consider moving Hardwick on if he isn't going to develop the next gen because the takes from press conferences he "still thinks we're a contender.

If you’re a finalist you’re a contender , period

Its a pretty saying but its not true. I've watched thousands of finals series of an unimaginable amount of different sports, & i can assure you that all finalist are most definitely not contenders. In fact, i would say less than 20% of all finalist are genuine contenders. You get your occasional surprise winner like Greece in the Euro Cup or Carlton in 99 beating the bombers in the prelim - but those exceptions are most certainly not the norm. The majority of the teams which make a "finals" are just happy to be there or just on a different time stamp of their journey to being/ending as a contender

Its a pretty saying but its not true. I've watched thousands of finals series of an unimaginable amount of different sports, & i can assure you that all finalist are most definitely not contenders. In fact, i would say less than 20% of all finalist are genuine contenders. You get your occasional surprise winner like Greece in the Euro Cup or Carlton in 99 beating the bombers in the prelim - but those exceptions are most certainly not the norm. The majority of the teams which make a "finals" are just happy to be there or just on a different time stamp of their journey to being/ending as a contender

if you’re a finalist, you are a contender!!! Fact

Well that’s your bloated opinion facts of the matter is once you make the cut , you’re contending for the title

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your doubts regarding Hardwicks ability to rebuild a list?
More to the point of will he start playing more of the kids, imo Thompson Dow & Dawkins should be playing a lot more.

Ralphsmith imo should never go out of the side again.

More to the point of will he start playing more of the kids, imo Thompson Dow & Dawkins should be playing a lot more.

Ralphsmith imo should never go out of the side again.

The point is the same, you're doubting his ability to rebuild a list?

We have already seen all 4 of those players in the 1's during the year. Dow and RCD have had games. However, the output from Prestia and Cotchin has been massive, which allows our younger players the chance.

We play the same system in the VFL and AFL and some senior players will rested / injured so they will step in.

Ralphsmith looks genuinely exciting. Would be happy to see him in for McIntosh this week.

Luke Hodge is a competitive beast. He'll coach somewhere. He wont be able to help himself. He just needs to pick the right club at the right time.
yes, but i'd like him to have some 1st hand experience. good as he may b i don't want a coach on training wheels.

Well that’s your bloated opinion facts of the matter is once you make the cut , you’re contending for the title

The idea that "if your in the finals, you a contender" sounds like corny horseshit that old **** trainer would have told Rocky Balboa. The real world tells you that each finals series there are generally 5 pretenders + 2 or 3 genuine contenders. Quick flick through the history books of sports just point that out.

It's anything but "bloated opinions". Its just fact - around 80% of all the teams that make the finals are not genuine "contenders". The last decade of where the flag came from vs where they finished on the ladder

2000- 1st bt 2rd
2001 - 2nd bt 1st
2002- 2nd bt 4th
2003 - 3rd bt 2nd
2004 - 1st bt 2nd
2005 - 3rd bt 2nd
2006 - 1st bt 4th
2007 - 1st bt 2nd
2008 - 2nd bt 1st
2009 - 2nd v 1st
2010 - 1st bt 3rd
2011 - 2nd bt 1st
2012 - 3rd bt 1st
2013 - 1st bt 3rd
2014 - 2nd bt 1st
2015 - 3rd bt 2nd
2016 - 7th bt 1st. (1 win + % off 4th. 2 Wins + % of top spot )
2017 - 3rd bt 1st
2018 - 2nd bt 3rd
2019 - 3rd bt 6th
2020 - 3rd bt 4t
2021 - 1st bt 5th

So the past 22 years....

Teams to play a Grandfinal out of 44 times

From the Top 2 - 28 / 44 times

From the Top 4 - 41/44 times

From Outside top 4 - 3/44 time

the winner of the flag has

From. the Top 2 - 14 times
From the Top 4 - 21 times
From Outside Top 4 - 1 time, where the Top 7 were separated by only 2 wins & the winner was not a massive underdog.

You might call that "bloated opinions", to me that is just a very unromantic, factual breakdown of the phrase "if you in it, your a contender" and how its full of shit. If we scrap into 7th place this year i don't think anyone should be beating their house on us to win it, I don't think the team looks good enough

The reduced soft cap spending has really hurt our club with all the assistants we've lost.

2021-2022 version of Hardwick is not supported enough one thing I've noticed is coaching moves are not made quick enough.
In our premiership years and wins we made moves way quicker remember Sloane had a great first quarter against us in 2017 Graham gets a tagging role & complately took him out of the game and kicked goals on him. Also pretty sure, I'm pretty sure in Amazon Prime Doco of 2020 season showed he key moves in 2020 GF win can't remember what they were but I remember their being some moves.
This. With the new soft cap restrictions the best coaches these days need to be an all-rounder - strategist, match day coach, media PR person, people manager.

I think Buckley is the best option out there. He got Collingwood to a kick from a flag with a forward line of Mason Cox and Brody Miochek. Got his team up for v impressive finals wins against us and WC in Perth. Very good football brain and all rounder.

There is no life "beyond" Damien, Damien is coach for his working life, in my book.
Damien is the only coach in Richmond history who has won three in four years.
He is in my view coach until retirement age.
He often refers to NFL coach Belichick, a six-time trophy winner.
The NFL coaches coach into their 60s, it is normal.
They do delegate more, which is what Damien can do with Tim L.
It's a good point about Damien establishing a new house, I think the suburb is Elwood, where I grew up, requiring funds over time.
Funnily enough, my family house was later purchased by former Hawks star Josh Gibson.

Last edited:
Don’t really agree with the sentiment that Hardwick should play more kids, he plays the kids when they are ready and better than the guys they would be replacing

Gibcus has played every game he’s been available. Dow, Ross, Ralphsmith, Mansell, Rioli, RCD, Biggy and Miller have all had games as well but most found themselves out of the side when better players are available or when the form they are producing doesn’t warrant selection anymore in the respective positions

None of this years draftees have shown enough consistency to warrant selection in the vfl so why play them underdone?

Still thinking we may need to part with the coach.

I do not think he has done a good job coaching the last two seasons.
this year we have lost several close games we should have won, to me that shows our players good enough if they getting 40 point leads on teams.

Your doubts regarding Hardwicks ability to rebuild a list?
I saw a stat once stating that it's rare for a coach that built a dynasty team to build another Premiership team with the same side. Sheedy is clearly one of the exceptions, but even he won 4 Premierships.

Just to put my opinion forth, I don't know what the right decision is for us. I feel like we should part ways with Hardwick at some stage (maybe in approximately 4 or 5 years if we're no longer in contention), but not at the end of this year or next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back