Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Personally I wouldn't even do that in such an even draft. Six first round selections this year, three the next. That is a rebuild of historically fast proportions.
Having 1 less pick but getting FOS . LALOR will be worth it imo but i am bias and they are the 2 players i like most

A lot of people suggesting we trade up to pick 2 but I'm not massively in favour of it. Every draft has a lot of lottery about it and not every top kid succeeds, much rather take my chances with a number of picks in a strong draft.

1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24 is a really good hand, and I'd probably even trade one or two of the 18 - 24 picks into next year's draft, maybe grab a future first off the Lions or Swans or something.
It looks like such an even top 10.

The only chance you come after 2 if you have 2 clear standouts and then a group behind them. Otherwise no need.

I would prefer we keep 2 - especially if history is anything to go by. 2 has been so much better than 6 - and its not evern close.

2 - McKercher, Sheezel, Darcy, Thiltorpe, Anderson, Lukosius, Brayshaw, Taranto, Schache, Petracca, Kelly.
V
6 - Sanders, Humphrey, Rachele, DGB, McAsey, King, Stephenson, SPS, Francis, Marchbank, Scharenberg.

The last 11 years only King has been better at 6 than Lukosius at 2.

Dunno if the Tigers have bottomed out just yet especially seeing half their list being really young next year. But I'd be much more confident of the foundation they're building than at least one of the teams that finished just above them. Only problem they might have is spending enough of their salary cap.
Fortunately cap trading will likely come in the next year or two and we'll be able to buy even more early picks :thumbsu:

Fortunately cap trading will likely come in the next year or two and we'll be able to buy even more early picks :thumbsu:
Was going to be my response. could easily pick 6 guys. Slide a few picks back in that to get extra F2s. And then buy another couple of firsts. So have about 5 firsts next year (maybe have to got some one or two 2026 firsts in the trading next year).

Only reason I can see for us not paying salary is for the Tigers to plan on buying more picks.

The AFL will not be happy if the Tigers pick the eyes out of 2 drafts in a row, and likely still be strong in the next one.

Dunno if the Tigers have bottomed out just yet especially seeing half their list being really young next year. But I'd be much more confident of the foundation they're building than at least one of the teams that finished just above them. Only problem they might have is spending enough of their salary cap.
We've already finished last and only won 2 games, we have bottomed out, we're at the bottom.
I think we'll be there again in 2024, probably a 2-3 win season again.

In 2026 is where we'd want to see a bit of improvement, nothing drastic but improvement.

A lot of people suggesting we trade up to pick 2 but I'm not massively in favour of it. Every draft has a lot of lottery about it and not every top kid succeeds, much rather take my chances with a number of picks in a strong draft.

1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24 is a really good hand, and I'd probably even trade one or two of the 18 - 24 picks into next year's draft, maybe grab a future first off the Lions or Swans or something.
We're probably keeping our first next year for academy points. Sydney also have picks 19 and 22 so I doubt they want a third pick in the same range. But I can see North and Essendon both being keen to get back into the first round, so there will be options.

I would hold on to Picks 18,23 and 24 to draft night.

Brisbane, Essendon and gold coast once they have their bids matched, will overpay (gc have 3 future 1sts) if a player slides or still on the board at 18, 23 or 24. Draft is so deep and everyone has different orders. Guaranteed to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why ??

If we win less than 10 games in 3 years we are fully entitled to ask and get the PP
tank GIF

Was going to be my response. could easily pick 6 guys. Slide a few picks back in that to get extra F2s. And then buy another couple of firsts. So have about 5 firsts next year (maybe have to got some one or two 2026 firsts in the trading next year).

Only reason I can see for us not paying salary is for the Tigers to plan on buying more picks.

The AFL will not be happy if the Tigers pick the eyes out of 2 drafts in a row, and likely still be strong in the next one.

It's kind of like an expansion side draft, where one clubs takes a heap of talent and everyone has to make do with the rest. If we stretch this over two years then 2026 back to normal then 2027 Tassie takes it all (possibly spread over two years) combined with all the academy players that go every year, it's going to be an absolutely terrible time to be treading water and hovering outside of the 8. A lot of sides like Blues, Dees, Bombers could be in real trouble over this period. If you don't nail the few picks available to you it's going to be game over.

It looks like such an even top 10.

The only chance you come after 2 if you have 2 clear standouts and then a group behind them. Otherwise no need.

I would prefer we keep 2 - especially if history is anything to go by. 2 has been so much better than 6 - and its not evern close.

2 - McKercher, Sheezel, Darcy, Thiltorpe, Anderson, Lukosius, Brayshaw, Taranto, Schache, Petracca, Kelly.
V
6 - Sanders, Humphrey, Rachele, DGB, McAsey, King, Stephenson, SPS, Francis, Marchbank, Scharenberg.

The last 11 years only King has been better at 6 than Lukosius at 2.
It’ll probably be 3 vs 7 technically

Very good chance Richmond could enter this draft with 4 picks inside the top 10 and potentially 6 in the first round.

Don't think this club is going to be down for long.
I’ve gotta put my hand up and apologies. I went hard with this, and doubled down on it, and I got it wrong.

Sorry for the incorrect information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back