Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Why wouldn’t we simply do the GWS deal in that instance?

North has to take unders for 2?

But in every scenario Richmond get overs for 6?

In that example combing the trades we could hypothetically trade 2 for 11/18, 15, 16, 21.
100%

Gws is your most likely trading partner if you do want to trade pick 2

100%

Gws is your most likely trading partner if you do want to trade pick 2

Well maybe not if Richmond really want 2 and GWS really want 6, you have to play that to your advantage in isolation.

Especially preventing them doing that trade with each other.

I.e we don’t trade 2 for anything not including 6 + change.

Then you go and trade 6 on its own.

Well no, we could trade 2 to you and then 6 to GWS, couldn’t we?

If we were to trade direct to GWS we could ask for even more than you’ve suggested you’d get for 6, couldn’t we?
Sure if we want to trade up. I took is as Gun saying if we didnt trade we'd have this option. Not even sure it's a good trade from 6 to drop that far down. Probably is this year I guess.

Well maybe not if Richmond really want 2 and GWS really want 6, you have to play that to your advantage in isolation.

LOL Richmond dont really want 2
North Really dont want to use 2 and want the bonus pick and thats 18 to take 2 KPP and the entire league know this

Brady v Blair i know who i have my money on in a trade scenario
We have had this dance before

Or take another mid :thumbsu:

Well no, we could trade 2 to you and then 6 to GWS, couldn’t we?

If we were to trade direct to GWS we could ask for even more than you’ve suggested you’d get for 6, couldn’t we?
I did make the option available on the North board

They said they want to use #6

Do you visit the North Board ?

LOL Richmond dont really want 2
North Really dont want to use 2 and want the bonus pick and thats 18 to take 2 KPP and the entire league know this

Brady v Blair i know who i have my money on in a trade scenario
We have had this dance before

Or take another mid :thumbsu:

I don’t think we’d hesitate at all to take another mid.

Richmond likely walk out of the draft with 1 “elite” midfield prospect from 8 picks inside the top 24.

I say “elite” because the top end mids are nowhere near as good as some recent years and there’s question marks pretty much across most of them outside of Smith and Draper imo.

Richmond likely walk out of the draft with 1 “elite” midfield prospect from 8 picks inside the top 24.

I say “elite” because the top end mids are nowhere near as good as some recent years and there’s question marks pretty much across most of them outside of Smith and Draper imo.
LOl your not a very good poker player are you.

Are you Brady ?

#6 + #18 North

You have until the 1 minute mark before you select with pick #2
Blair will wait for Brady with coffee in hand

We pick Sam Lalor/FOS.

FOS would be particularly nice on the opposite wing to McKercher for 200+ games.

I’m sure ideally we’d like overs for pick 2 and to take two talls. We aren’t exactly a baron wasteland either with Larkey, Xerri and Comben either. 3 potential AA talls.

Maybe we trade our F1 to GWS and take some towards the back end of R1 and keep 2.

Yea that's the thing, everything has a price,

The way it has been explained to me, these machinations around what you would want for two have been discussed and knocked back

Pick 3 for 10 and Baker has already been knocked back, if we wanted to go up the order that could have happened really easily then , so effectively 10 +14 for 3, we said no that's 320 point upgrade, peanuts, and we still said no

Points don't tell the whole story but 2 for 6+18 is a similar point spread, actually less 220

So on points, Nth would not do that deal,

There is such an even distribution of talent in the first round, points don't tell the story, this draft runs deep to around 30

Nth of course know this and must be happy to keep 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is true that there is no generational midfield talent this year

But it also true that this is the deepest draft since 2001, and we are in a full rebuild mode

Lalor/Foss/Draper/Langford/Smith/Levi probably best mids, at similar allowing for different risk profiles

Then there is another 6 mid size players, who could reasonably have better careers than the top 6

and then there are 6-8 talls, all worthy of top 30 picks, that are hard to split

Then there is Berry Hannaford

We need as many solid footballers as possible, that's why we have not given up a pick to slide up to get 3, we valued 14 and 10 more than pick 3

Nth is in a tough spot, you need a tall, so you will probably take Tauru/Armstrong at 2

Or trade with GWS and get two of Faull/Whitlock/Shanahan with their picks

Points don't tell the whole story but 2 for 6+18 is a similar point spread, actually less 220

There is such an even distribution of talent in the first round, points don't tell the story, this draft runs deep to around 30

At the end of the day, it's not about the picks. Its about what we can do with it.

There's been more than a whisper that we're into Tauru.

Seems we can be confident we'd get him at 6.

If North rates Tauru plus another late first rounder higher than FOS for example, then it stands to reason 6+18 would be something we'd consider.

We pick Sam Lalor/FOS.

FOS would be particularly nice on the opposite wing to McKercher for 200+ games.

I’m sure ideally we’d like overs for pick 2 and to take two talls. We aren’t exactly a baron wasteland either with Larkey, Xerri and Comben either. 3 potential AA talls.

Maybe we trade our F1 to GWS and take some towards the back end of R1 and keep 2.
Probably the best result

Yea that's the thing, everything has a price,

The way it has been explained to me, these machinations around what you would want for two have been discussed and knocked back

Pick 3 for 10 and Baker has already been knocked back, if we wanted to go up the order that could have happened really easily then , so effectively 10 +14 for 3, we said no that's 320 point upgrade, peanuts, and we still said no

Yeah thats true we didn't want to do 10 & "14" for 3 but thats because we like the best 2 in the draft. No point trading for 3 and then North takes the guy we wanted or trades the pick to someone who does it.

At the end of the day, it's not about the picks. Its about what we can do with it.

There's been more than a whisper that we're into Tauru.

Seems we can be confident we'd get him at 6.

If North rates Tauru plus another late first rounder higher than FOS for example, then it stands to reason 6+18 would be something we'd consider.

Maybe

In case you can't tell the CCJ trade still gives me ptsd. Fair to say you own us at the trade table so I fear the worst.

For what it's worth, a lot of us rated CCJ and were a bit pissed when he left as we thought he was on the cusp of having it all come together. It's a shame it hasn't happened then he had that terrible injury. If it was Chol that went to you guys, I think all our board would have agreed he had gone as far as he could with us.

Do you think that there is a big gap between who we rank at 2 and 3?
Yes. Not hearing any links to the other 3 guys seemingly going top 5. Think they're struggling to split the 2. Doesn't mean we will trade up though. Have us linked to another that I think we have to grab at 6 but very outside chance at 10.

I really hate it when people say there is no generational talent this year or similar, as if anyone has any clue what this kids are going to do or become over the next 15 years.

Dustin Martin wasn't Dustin Martin until he was. He was considered behind Scully the consensus number 1 and then he and Trengove were a lottery. Buddy Franklin had question marks on him and wasn't rated as highly as Deledio who was everyone's number 1. Nat Fyfe drifted past everyone, Patrick Dangerfield had half a dozen players taken before him. Alex Rance was a competitive athlete more than a footballer for the first 5 years of his AFL career.

People's opinions of kids at this point is meaningless, this draft could hold a multi brownlow winner or an 8x AA or 4 time Coleman medalist for all we know taken randomly in the first 20 picks.

It appears even and deep, but there's no ceiling on these kids, any of them could become greats.

Yes. Not hearing any links to the other 3 guys seemingly going top 5. Think they're struggling to split the 2. Doesn't mean we will trade up though. Have us linked to another that I think we have to grab at 6 but very outside chance at 10.
I don’t think we will trade up either but that to me means it’s too even by definition , otherwise we would

Anyways let’s see what happens

I really hate it when people say there is no generational talent this year or similar, as if anyone has any clue what this kids are going to do or become over the next 15 years.

Dustin Martin wasn't Dustin Martin until he was. He was considered behind Scully the consensus number 1 and then he and Trengove were a lottery. Buddy Franklin had question marks on him and wasn't rated as highly as Deledio who was everyone's number 1. Nat Fyfe drifted past everyone, Patrick Dangerfield had half a dozen players taken before him. Alex Rance was a competitive athlete more than a footballer for the first 5 years of his AFL career.

People's opinions of kids at this point is meaningless, this draft could hold a multi brownlow winner or an 8x AA or 4 time Coleman medalist for all we know taken randomly in the first 20 picks.

It appears even and deep, but there's no ceiling on these kids, any of them could become greats.
I think they just mean no obvious ones.

Clearly this may be true

But consensus is from people who do this as a job that there is no dusty in this draft

Of course lalor could end up like dusty but we are talking probabilities here

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back