Review Winners and losers - trade week 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with North’s effort this year.

Added three experienced players of quality to help the kids. That can not be underestimated as to how much we need that.

Four players in, still have our first round pick (hope they split it), and each one fills a need.
I am sure you are.

Richmond won the trade period.

I thought Adrian Dodoro was good.

Whoever is the Adrian Dodoro at Richmond (Blair Hartley, I think) Is a living god.

Dodoro could only dream of half the good trades Richmond did in this trade period.

Oppos and media can't admit Richmond won the draft.
Like Fonzie admitting he is wrong.
An assessment of Richmond can't be truly made until a few years' time when we can see how the draftees have developed.

If you pick up a bunch of great players, it'll go down like that Geelong/Hawthorn early 2000s era where we both found half our premiership stars in a couple of drafts.

If it doesn't work out, you'll be the team that blew up their list and traded out all their good experienced players for a bunch of duds.

Richmond the clear winners. Insane hand in an insane draft and will have so many options to move up and down or into next year as the night plays out. Rekon they'll sell a few of those picks for well overs on draft night. Could you imagine the haul that Melbourne would have ended up with if Trac, Oliver & Kosi really were on the table?!?

Adelaide also did really well. They've picked up 3 best 23 players and should go into 2025 with top 6-8 well within reach.

Pies go into 2025 far stronger as well. Cumming & Houston is an insane combo at half back.

No idea WTF West Coast were thinking. Lots of pressure to nail pick 12.

You'd also be annoyed as a Dogs fan. Spent the week saying no to 47 for Macrae, 25 for Daniel + a late pick and 17 for Smith and ended up with minimally more than that. Sammy Power blinked big time.

Also confused by Brisbane seemingly sitting by after Joey D retired. There are a few half decent KPF options that could have been probed but there wasn't ever any speculation. They seem locked in on Sam Day and Levi Ashcroft and off they go. Winners can please themselves I guess!

Richmond the clear winners. Insane hand in an insane draft and will have so many options to move up and down or into next year as the night plays out. Rekon they'll sell a few of those picks for well overs on draft night. Could you imagine the haul that Melbourne would have ended up with if Trac, Oliver & Kosi really were on the table?!?

Adelaide also did really well. They've picked up 3 best 23 players and should go into 2025 with top 6-8 well within reach.

Pies go into 2025 far stronger as well. Cumming & Houston is an insane combo at half back.

You'd also be annoyed as a Dogs fan. Spent the week saying no to 47 for Macrae, 25 for Daniel + a late pick and 17 for Smith and ended up with minimally more than that. Sammy Power blinked big time.

Also confused by Brisbane seemingly sitting by after Joey D retired. There are a few half decent KPF options that could have been probed but there wasn't ever any speculation. They seem locked in on Sam Day and Levi Ashcroft and off they go. Winners can please themselves I guess!
Brisbane had no draft capital to chase a good forward given it was all tied up for getting points for Ashcroft and Marshall

IF Richmond not a Dynasty in about 4-5 Seasons then could they be Failure then with all the High Draft Picks they got?
They are rebuilding after winning three premierships there situation is nothing like Collingwood. they are absolutely doing the right thing hitting the draft now if they Choose the wrong players then yes it’s a failure

Brisbane had no draft capital to chase a good forward given it was all tied up for getting points for Ashcroft and Marshall

Do they have another academy kid next year?

Not that there were a heap of KPF options on the market but we didn't even hear any BS rumours about them asking haha Could have done something with Dev Robertson & Future picks?

Again though, they just won the flag and they have a quick fix in mind so power to them. Just thought we would hear something along the way.

Loading up on one or two drafts the way Richmond has is very rarely a model for success.

Best case scenario, all their picks pay off, in which case your salary cap is cooked when they come out of their rookie deals at the same time.

Worst case scenario you only hit on a couple picks, you fall into a hole for multiple years are your young players get used to losing every week (e.g. Melbourne prior to Roos or North the last decade, that being said they are turning a bit now) which makes the dumping of mature players exercise useless.

Who wins their BnF next year? Taranto? The bloke takes every second season off with injury.

Richmond the real winners

With a Tassie team coming in, no use bottoming out for the next 3-5 years and all we would have had to show is ageing 4-5 stars who were "loyal"

Remedy - Recruit 1st round pics 2024, 2025 & 2026 and sit back and watch the rise. Short pain for hopefully long-term gain

PS

I'd swap a spoon or two for 2-3 premierships anytime

Spoons don't mean much these days, premierships do. Hawthorn has 13 premierships, 11 wooden spoons yet they are known as the most successful team in the last 50 years!

Success far out ways failure (Ask the person that has become bankrupt 2-3 times, yet he is now a millionaire living the high life!) I'd take that in a jiffy!

On the Dogs, they'd be relieved to have the McCrae and Daniel contracts from their payroll

They could have had 3, Baker, Owies
Instead they have 12, Baker, Owies

They screwed up on Friday. Today we got what we wanted.

If we finish above Carlton in 2025 we absolutely win.

Instead they have 12, Baker, Owies, FR1, FR2, FR3.

Incredibly ironic that a Hawthorn supporter thinks West Coast screwed up on the Barrass deal.

They wanted future picks for a crack at Warner next season. They didn’t screw anything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond the real winners

With a Tassie team coming in, no use bottoming out for the next 3-5 years and all we would have had to show is ageing 4-5 stars who were "loyal"

Remedy - Recruit 1st round pics 2024, 2025 & 2026 and sit back and watch the rise. Short pain for hopefully long-term gain

PS

I'd swap a spoon or two for 2-3 premierships anytime

Spoons don't mean much these days, premierships do. Hawthorn has 13 premierships, 11 wooden spoons yet they are known as the most successful team in the last 50 years!

Success far out ways failure (Ask the person that has become bankrupt 2-3 times, yet he is now a millionaire living the high life!) I'd take that in a jiffy!
We haven't had a spoon since 1965 so 60 years next year

Incredibly ironic that a Hawthorn supporter thinks West Coast screwed up on the Barrass deal.

They wanted future picks for a crack at Warner next season. They didn’t screw anything up.

Cool. So a team desperately needing to rebuild has picks next year rather than this year.

If they kept 3 they could have gone to Richmond for far better than 12 and 14.

If their rebuild is Graham Baker and Owies this year, Warner next year, they are ****ed.

Cool. So a team desperately needing to rebuild has picks next year rather than this year.

If they kept 3 they could have gone to Richmond for far better than 12 and 14.

If their rebuild is Graham Baker and Owies this year, Warner next year, they are ****ed.

That is not their rebuild though so I think they should be right.

They aren't getting Warner.

Unless hawthorn finish bottom 4 pick 3 was infinitely better than hawks fr1 and fr2 next year.
Owies they could have got as a dfa so that has no relevance.

They could have traded barass for 14 and fr2, 14 for baker. Owies dfa and kept 3. Which would have been infinitely better than hawks futures. Stupid deal.

They aren't getting Warner.

Unless hawthorn finish bottom 4 pick 3 was infinitely better than hawks fr1 and fr2 next year.
Owies they could have got as a dfa so that has no relevance.

They could have traded barass for 14 and fr2, 14 for baker. Owies dfa and kept 3. Which would have been infinitely better than hawks futures. Stupid deal.

You have absolutely no idea what they could or could not have done. You continue to spruik your opinions around here as facts and it’s cringe.

Rory Atkins does not look match-fit. He looks like he's spent the last few months on an eating tour of America's fast food establishments. A bit round if you know what I mean.

Him and Willie Rioli going for a hot dog contest or something. Hasn't played much for ages, such a weird acquisition.

Richmond.. A form of Tanking

1QYRIP29x8MeI5c3MKVTD7wGxIdOixl0KmEvXDVa.jpg

Seriously, it is a valid rebuild startegy. Well done to them. Hope they get the picks right

Ummm

Cumming is an Adelaide player now not the Pies..

Him and Willie Rioli going for a hot dog contest or something. Hasn't played much for ages, such a weird acquisition.
Was regularly putting up huge numbers of disposals in the VFL, several over 40 disposals, don't think you put up them numbers if your unfit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Winners and losers - trade week 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back