Richmond Needs New Blood Not Old Faces

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2004
Our list is stuffed. Our Board has no direction. Richmond needs to go on a massive youth policy now...we must take 8 to 10 draft picks and hope 4 of them make it...we must do this for 3 years andhope we get 12 players capable of winning a flag out of it. Our senior players are getting older, many wont be around for the next richmond flag, by the time we contend both Brown and Johnson will be in there twighlight years and ready to retire. Youth is the only answer for Richmond. Early picks and young Players. At the moment we only have 2 young players who are elite ... they are Coughlan and Krakouer. We have another 6 or so who are goers...Newman, Roach, Schulz, Hartigan and few others i cant be bothered mentioning. Theres not enough depth or class at our club. The problem will become worse as players start retiring...Go with Youth Now...its the only answer

As for the board...our current board isnt up to it...but neither was Leon Daphnes...Richmond needs new blood. New Faces to come in and change the place. Going back to a failed past will not help us in the future. We needs new faces...people who have never been on the board before to front our club. Only then can we move forward!

Originally posted by Supertiger

As for the board...our current board isnt up to it...but neither was Leon Daphnes...Richmond needs new blood. New Faces to come in and change the place. Going back to a failed past will not help us in the future. We needs new faces...people who have never been on the board before to front our club. Only then can we move forward!

at least Daphne had us on firm financial footing, Casey has bought the club to its knees and any longer could mean NO way back without AFL intervention ...It is reprehensible what this current admin has done and in know way shape or form should be tolerated

Re: Re: Richmond Needs New Blood Not Old Faces

Originally posted by rioli17
at least Daphne had us on firm financial footing, Casey has bought the club to its knees and any longer could mean NO way back without AFL intervention ...It is reprehensible what this current admin has done and in know way shape or form should be tolerated

Casey has resorted to all sorts of dodgey accounting practices including ripping off funds from the JDF to make the bottom line look better. So much for improving the clubs facilities with this money. Our social club is a joke and our building as a whole is held together with elastic bands!!!

I believe the inclusion of JDF funds as club income has been going on since it began. (The accounting rules might even require it - though the bigger issue is then if/how those funds are backed out or otherwise marked).

Originally posted by Piping Shrike
I believe the inclusion of JDF funds as club income has been going on since it began. (The accounting rules might even require it - though the bigger issue is then if/how those funds are backed out or otherwise marked).

Reporting the funds as club income is one thing, but those that contributed to the JDF fund did so with the clear objective that it would be used to improve facilities, not to prop up the bottom line.

How are you going to convince these contributors to put more money into the JDF fund to improve facilities when clearly its been/being used for something else?

We're not attracting corporate sponsers, and we're pi$$ing off existing financial contributors. Great long term strategy for improving the clubs financial position.

I think (hope) the money has to be used (eventually) for the stated purpose or the tax deductibility would be lost. The main benefit is from timing - if the funds come in June and are spent in July then the books look flush. It then evens out eventually.

The real problem comes when the club reports a headline "profit" (or a lesser loss) that relies on the JDF money. They should report a non-JDF number.

I gave money to JDF initially and then didn't again until this year because of this part of the mis-reporting. I also refrained because they kept making approaches in August - they should have done it toward the end of financial year, not the start. I even had to call them as they seemed to have lost track of donors. All seemed a bit hopeless.

Originally posted by Supertiger
Our list is stuffed. Our Board has no direction. Richmond needs to go on a massive youth policy now...we must take 8 to 10 draft picks and hope 4 of them make it...we must do this for 3 years andhope we get 12 players capable of winning a flag out of it. Our senior players are getting older, many wont be around for the next richmond flag, by the time we contend both Brown and Johnson will be in there twighlight years and ready to retire. Youth is the only answer for Richmond. Early picks and young Players. At the moment we only have 2 young players who are elite ... they are Coughlan and Krakouer. We have another 6 or so who are goers...Newman, Roach, Schulz, Hartigan and few others i cant be bothered mentioning. Theres not enough depth or class at our club. The problem will become worse as players start retiring...Go with Youth Now...its the only answer

Another "these are our problems" post but not offering any worthwhile solutions.

• Banned
There was a solution pjay...you need to read it again...its called "going for youth"...how do u do that...well 1) you dont trade away your picks...2) hopefully finish on the bottom 2 years in a row 3) pick up a couple f/s rule selections, 4) recruit 2 big names via the PSD over the next 2 years ... thats 6 quality players for a start...

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Needs New Blood Not Old Faces

Remove this Banner Ad

Back