Preview Richmond Tigers vs. Greater Western Sydney Giants - 4:45pm @ The MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie's move to TFS is not going well.

For the second week in a row, The Front Bar has surged above The Footy Show in the TV ratings battle.

THE FRONT BAR (channel 7)

Five city metro 333,000

Melbourne 231,000

Adelaide 47,000

Perth 55,000

THE AFL FOOTY SHOW (Channel 9)

Five city metro 295,000

Melbourne 194,000

Adelaide 52,000

Perth 49,000
McGuire and Newman are both outdated dinosaurs, one is just usually better at hiding it than the other.

No idea why anyone would bother watching The Footy Show. Newman turning up in the news ranting about marriage equality in a desperate attempt to stay relevant was as predictable as the sun coming up.

Front bar is actually funny and somewhat intelligent. Also offers some actual footy insight on occasion.

It is somewhat scary, but I have come to the realisation that if we execute, we win. It is not the only way we could win but it is in my humble opinion the reality that our best beats them. That is a big thing for this Tiger supporter to reconcile with but we have the right team, playing a right game style, up and about when it matters. It unfortunately doesn't guarantee us the right outcome tomorrow, but f**k it is exciting.

One more sleep.

I think we'll win, but my reasoning is a bit different.
  • Problem - GWS best footy is better than Richmond's best footy. In fact, GWS best football is the best in the competition.
  • Solution - don't let them play their best football. Turn it into a heavily contested game played in our half of the ground.
  • Risk - if we keep it a contested game, then it's low risk. We did it against Geelong and we did it for 3 quarters at the MCG against GWS during the season. If we let them get the ball on the outside, we're going to have to win a shootout because they will score 12+ goals.
  • Opportunity - smash them early, get the crowd into the game, force lots of mistakes and win the territory battle. We can go on a 5 goal run and win this game in the first quarter, but we probably can't lose it because they will tighten up if they get a lead.
Fingers crossed. No injuries, no reports and another huge effort when we don't have the footy. I think we might see a bit of Rioli magic on Saturday night :)

Cheers.

Dave P.

Eddie's move to TFS is not going well.

For the second week in a row, The Front Bar has surged above The Footy Show in the TV ratings battle.

THE FRONT BAR (channel 7)

Five city metro 333,000

Melbourne 231,000

Adelaide 47,000

Perth 55,000

THE AFL FOOTY SHOW (Channel 9)

Five city metro 295,000

Melbourne 194,000

Adelaide 52,000

Perth 49,000

Highlight last night was Sam Pang interviewing Jack "Mclachlan / Aus kick style" Jack was awesome, very clever wit and a natural who will morph into the media seamlessly after he stops playing.

Wonder if its anywhere on video

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlight last night was Sam Pang interviewing Jack "Mclachlan / Aus kick style" Jack was awesome, very clever wit and a natural who will morph into the media seamlessly after he stops playing.

Wonder if its anywhere on video

Not on front bar twitter but I found this...

Gonna get close to 100 page preview thread, wow

I put it all down to my quality preview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m reasonably confident that if we bring the pressure and make the most of our opportunities we’ll win. If we do that, and still don’t win, I’ll be disappointed but content we’ve got 6 months to fix a few things up and the players will have the hunger to go again next year and put ourselves in this position again. If we don’t bring the pressure, I’ll be absolutely filthy at a wasted opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back