Richmond top 8 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

I'm a reporter for Hack on triple j radio. Today i'm doing a piece about why people post on footy forum's. What people get out of it and what it adds to your love of the game.

If you're interested in being interviewed email me at atkin.michael@abc.net.au or call on 02 8333 3227.

Cheers,
Michael Atkin
triplej.net.au/hack

You would think that Richmond would have to make the finals for Plow to keep his job next year.
If the Tiges change coach then or during the year (if they have a bad run early in the season) then it looks like a list revamp again, although not from such a low base as last time.
Wallace must be a great dissapointment to the Richmond faithfull but I can't help but think his best and most inovative coaching years were at the Bulldogs

So why all the ninth jokes when they have only finished ninth once on five years ( 2004 was 16th)??

Here are Richmonds results since there has been a top 8

1994 9th

1995 4th
1996 9th
1997 13th
1998 9th
1999 12th
2000 9th
2001 3rd
2002 14th
2003 13th
2004 16th
2005 12th
2006 9th
2007 16th
2008 9th

You could make a good argument for the continued improvement in Richmond in 09. A large portion of the improvement can be attributed to younger players who should improve with more preseasons , experience etc. The problem is that While 5-8 might look to be a fair assessment based on expected improvement there really wasn't much separating about 6 other also rans.

3-11 really don't look that far separated from each other. I'm pretty sure every supporter of teams in that region could pin point 2 or more games that got away from them that would have changed their season.

Maybe next year will be the changing of the guard for some teams. There really is only so long that the "aging" teams can hang on . Although I say that in hope ... the Sydneys, Adelaides etc just continue to defy.

Will Richmond make the Finals in 2009, i havn't watched them all that much, have they got much talent?

Where do people think they will finish?

After feeding all the avaliable information into the computer about Richmonds chances of making the top 8 in 2009.

Computer says .............. no :D

If we beat Saints this year we may have taken 7th spot. Could and should have been 4th if we beat Dogs too. 2 games we should have won. No Bomber fans telling us we should have lost to them. We shouldn't have let them back in the game in the first place :D

Looks like this despicable turncoat won't be back for a while. Lets just hope his new team has all the success that Celtic's new team did.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even in a thread about Richmond there were multiple people laughing off Essendons chances of being a finals contender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond top 8 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back