Unofficial Preview Richmond v Melbourne Casey Fields Saturday 4th March 4.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope Cumberland doesn't get named so we can get in a 'practice selection melt' before the real stuff starts

Don't want to go into the season underdone..
Leonardo Dicaprio Waiting GIF by Jordan Belfort
excited dragons den GIF by CBC

Yeah I'd have Cumberland playing before Mansell. Dimmas got to have a scrubber in the fwd 50.
I'll actually severely melt tonight if mansell is named ahead of cumbo

Richmond practice match team v Melbourne, Saturday, March 4, 4.10pm AEDT, Casey Fields
(Swipe across on mobile)

BacksDylan Grimes2Noah Balta21Tylar Young45
Half-BacksLiam Baker7Nick Vlastuin1Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Dion Prestia3Judson Clarke42
Half-ForwardsTrent Cotchin9Shai Bolton29Dustin Martin4
ForwardsJack Riewoldt8Noah Cumberland38Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Tim Taranto14Jacob Hopper22
InterchangeIvan Soldo20Nathan Broad35Jayden Short15
Thomson Dow27Maurice Rioli10Steely Green48
Rhyan Mansell31Samson Ryan32
EmergenciesSam Banks41Tyler Sonsie40Hugo Ralphsmith13
Ben Miller46

Only a practice match but Interesting seeing Sonsie and Ralphsmith as emergencies and steely green, Dow and Mansell on the bench
Sonsie coming back from injury guess he'll play a full VFL game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps the most surprising thing is Miller being named as an emergency, especially considering Tarrant is out. Now I think that Miller will play as 2nd ruck and 3rd tall forward but unless he's carrying a knock or something it's strange he isn't included. Considering we have otherwise named a full-strength team (barring injuries) is it possible we are going to see Ryan or less likely maybe Soldo as the no.2 ruck come round 1?

I don't mind Young playing ahead of Miller in defence just to see what he can do incase Tarrant doesn't get up for round one/is rested throughout the year but I do find his exclusion strange in terms of the number 2 ruck.

Perhaps the most surprising thing is Miller being named as an emergency, especially considering Tarrant is out. Now I think that Miller will play as 2nd ruck and 3rd tall forward but unless he's carrying a knock or something it's strange he isn't included. Considering we have otherwise named a full-strength team (barring injuries) is it possible we are going to see Ryan or less likely maybe Soldo as the no.2 ruck come round 1?

I don't mind Young playing ahead of Miller in defence just to see what he can do incase Tarrant doesn't get up for round one/is rested throughout the year but I do find his exclusion strange in terms of the number 2 ruck.
They must've decided that Soldo and/or Ryan are ahead of him.

Soldo's tap work with this new midfield will be handy

I understand they rate Young but I just can't see him making his debut in R1 lining up on a Coleman Medalist. Unless Balta and Grimes get the two key forwards and Young is there for TDK or Pittonet resting forward. All assuming of course Tarrant doesn't get up. It seems Young has raced ahead of Biggy as a KPP at any rate.

It will be interesting to see if Miller plays ruck, forward or back in the VFL practice match.

I'm shocked Sonsie wasn't named and will only be playing VFL minutes.
I didn't realise the VFL was on before the AFL practice game, as I live relatively close to Casey Fields, im going to head down for both I think.

Broad prob on limited minutes as well, so would expect he will play round 1 and Young won't. Miller hasn't been training as a defender, surely he's not good enough to just get thrown back now, if he's going to make it as a defender he needs to be there fulltime.

They must've decided that Soldo and/or Ryan are ahead of him.

Soldo's tap work with this new midfield will be handy

Soldo has no impact around the ground or up forward.

Soldo ahead of Miller as 2nd ruck is a bad decision. We saw that end of last season when Miller was very valuable in that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Richmond v Melbourne Casey Fields Saturday 4th March 4.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back