Mega Thread Richmond vs Carlton - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real victory for the match committee today.

We got a 5 possession cameo from Helbig and he got brutalised.

We got to see how incredibly funny it was when people claimed Browne would have done a better job on Warnock in rd.1 than Graham did, and that Browne is currently a better player.

We got to see Thursfield show us once again that he's got a massive future compared to the likes of Gourdis who ticks way more boxes than you would even hover a pen over for Will.

We got to see how well the coaching staff have dealt with our ongoing midfield collapse - by making it worse every week with this completely unaccountable brand of football and their refusal to admit that they were wrong about Tuck.

And now we'll see how people feel now the honeymoon is over and they're finally starting to wake up to what some of us have been saying for months now - Hardwick and the coaching staff *are* actually fallible and they've been coaching pretty poorly at best and selecting the side so badly it'd be hilarious if it was some other club.

This massive loss is a savage blow dealt to the RFC psyche...confidence...self belief...

Losses like this are not acceptable...

It worries me how we identified Houli and Grigg as two players that would take us further??? both very physically weak.

Grigg's been way softer than I saw him as being at Carlton nut, but I always expected him to take a year or two to really find his feet in the midfield (during which time Tuck should have been played more). Houli is OK, we just can't afford to have two 1-on-1 great kicking defensive liabilities like he and Newman in the same backline if we're going to concede the centre square every week.

Houli offers more than Newman long term, if we insist on playing a losing midfield then Newman should be playing at Coburg while we blood a kid who can defend better than he ever will be able to.

I'm not watching thisc rap anymore.... until they play Tuck in the middle for large periods of the game. I want to see a player who atleast COMPETES>>>

Hardwick should go to him on bended knees and apologise.

Tonight.

Agree brother...match committe have some explaining to do as do the players

Since when is Farmer a small forward? Post a ruck? Thursty being picked after showing zero inthe 2s? Slops a tagger (lmfao)? Going into this game with players underdone (griffiths) playing helbig that clearly needs more time in the 2s...playing 1 ruck against 2 quality ruck opposition?
The ridiculous selections are never ending

m

Farmer has been playing well in the forward line. Post was in the ruck for a very minimal amount of time which was actually beneficial for us on several occasions. Thursfield came in on a good game in the 2s and a shocking game by McGuane. Bigfooty Tigers would have been raging if they selected McGuane anyways. Miller was playing some poor football and they are obviously trying to persist with Griffiths. He showed some very good signs and it was very unfortunate that he got injured. Helbig was an odd decision but he is only there until White is fit.

Ask this to yourself, would have we played better with McGuane, Webberley and Miller?.... Thought so.

Farmer has been playing well in the forward line. Post was in the ruck for a very minimal amount of time which was actually beneficial for us on several occasions. Thursfield came in on a good game in the 2s and a shocking game by McGuane. Bigfooty Tigers would have been raging if they selected McGuane anyways. Miller was playing some poor football and they are obviously trying to persist with Griffiths. He showed some very good signs and it was very unfortunate that he got injured. Helbig was an odd decision but he is only there until White is fit.

Ask this to yourself, would have we played better with McGuane, Webberley and Miller?.... Thought so.

so you ask yourself. Are mcguane miller and webberley are the only players we have left to choose from? Thought not!

Farmer in the forward line today was bad and I don't agree that he should be played as a forward

Grigg's been way softer than I saw him as being at Carlton nut, but I always expected him to take a year or two to really find his feet in the midfield (during which time Tuck should have been played more). Houli is OK, we just can't afford to have two 1-on-1 great kicking defensive liabilities like he and Newman in the same backline if we're going to concede the centre square every week.

Houli offers more than Newman long term, if we insist on playing a losing midfield then Newman should be playing at Coburg while we blood a kid who can defend better than he ever will be able to.

Hardwick should go to him on bended knees and apologise.

Tonight.

Well he listens to Robert Walls when he tells him that he should coach from the box!!!!

First game I can ever recall where I left a game before 3/4 time. I just could not bear to watch the insipid display by the whole team. Only Nahas can hold his head high today.

We have a serious depth problem when we pick kids that are not ready (Helbig), not fit (Griffiths) and can't play (Thursfield).

If the match committee is serious about picking a side to beat Essendon, then favorites like Grigg and Edwards can spend some time at Coburg and earn their spot - like Tuck has. I can't believe that Tuck can't find his way into this midfield. It was smashed today.

We just don't have the depth to push out the "out of form" players, and it showed today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Post showed good signs today....leave him there for the rest of the year. Think he could be a decent defender on the resting ruckman and rance takes second tall.

I thought Post showed good signs today....leave him there for the rest of the year. Think he could be a decent defender on the resting ruckman and rance takes second tall.

I'm sorry, but I didn't see the good signs today.

I must've only seen the times where he was easily pushed aside in marking contests, going to ground easily, watching as his opposition player was running away as he was still trying to get up off the ground, dropping marks... etc etc

I love the kid and I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see the improvement I was expecting.

Well he played on Kruezer and if you watched the game you would have noticed he won the matchup. Also when he was on Waite he was beating him.

Well I was at the game, and if he beat Kruezer and Waite then you're seeing things that I didn't as I don't believe that ANY of our players beat ANYONE in their position.

I think you're seeing his performance (and probably others) today with blinkers on.

Don't want to harp on about this as I don't think that any player should be singled out as I feel that the entire team lacked today.

I just don't see how anyone could say that anyone was "OK" today.

Wake up to yourselves... we fronted up today to be the "19th man" and were asked again to dig deep and donate to the FTF and what we got was a crap sandwich handed to us again in a game that had a big build up and got flogged by 100+ points.

Players being "OK" is not good enough.

One word: "insipid".

Same as the Melbourne game; no, it was worse. No heart, no desire and no ****in mongrel. Did we lay a tackle? Bloody pathetic!

For Damien to say we've improved since round 1 is such crap! Where's the improvement?

No chase, no pressure, no want. I don't see us winning again this year and that ****in hurts to say.:thumbsdown:

And before anybody asks why I'm bitter about todays loss... I was made redundant (company folded) in my job this week where I busted my gut every day to ensure that I performed to the best of my ability.

Not sure where my next pay check is coming from and I still donated a further $50 to the FTF after already donating earlier in the year.

And then to sit through that garbage... not good enough.

All I wanted to do was let out my frustrations of the week by supporting the Tigs and yelling at the scum... just no passion on field that warranted it. Disappointed.

And before anybody asks why I'm bitter about todays loss... I was made redundant (company folded) in my job this week where I busted my gut every day to ensure that I performed to the best of my ability.

Not sure where my next pay check is coming from and I still donated a further $50 to the FTF after already donating earlier in the year.

And then to sit through that garbage... not good enough.

All I wanted to do was let out my frustrations of the week by supporting the Tigs and yelling at the scum... just no passion on field that warranted it. Disappointed.
sorry to hear that mate. Chin up. Things will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back