Mega Thread Richmond Vs. GCS - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Richmond Vs. GCS

We'll smack them.
In: Gus, Tuck, Gourdis, Morton/McDonald, Nason.
Out: Thursfield, Edwards, Post (sorry, had to fit Gus in), Grigg and Hislop.
Reason, why not???!!!!

in: Tuck (best on ground at coburg again even though he got tagged by slattery)
Morton
Gus graham
Nason or gourdis (maybe)

out: hislop, edwards, post (unlucky), maybe someone for nason or gourdis

IN: Tuck, Gus, Morton
Out: Mcgune, Grigg, Hislop

Something to try. Play Newman Foley Tuck and Jackson in the middle at once. cotch dusty/dids on the outer to recieve. with martin/dids to rotate in the forward line as both are dangerours there.

Post stays in for the rets of the year. As does Grif if he doesnt get an injury.

As a club we should be playing players that play well, those who stick to the plan and play for the jumper.

Shane Tuck has been doing that consitsently well. He has a hard body that will take the hits and give Cotch and Dusty a break. He extracts the hard ball and uses it well. He is a team player that has consistently given his left gonad to the RFC...what else can we ask?

Gus has proven to me after a few decent games in the 2s and particlularly the game V Bendigo that he should come back into the 1sts.. We could have really done with Gus against the bummers particularly when Tyrone started to tire badly mid way through the 3rd quarter v ess...

We really need Mitch Morton's skill in the forward 50 that was so sadly lacking against the bummers......he could have really impacted on scoring opportunities given the ball was down our forward 50 for the bulk of the first 2 1/2 quareters v ess

Then there is the Goo...sticky Goo...Goo Ball...let's just give the Goo a fair crack...leave him there for at least 4 games and then decide if he has a future or not

We will smash the suns

sheesh now that ablett is out im inclined to think a richmond win.
if ablett was in my money would be on the suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On footy classified Gary Lyon was 100% adamant Riewoldt has been playing with cracked ribs for the last 3 weeks courtesy of a Goo training mishap.

Naturally Caro said it was untrue as the Tiges have strongly denied it.

Also what ever footy credibility she has is on the line as she said “absolutely no chance Graham will be bought in this week” I bet she’s wrong, but she knows best.

On footy classified Gary Lyon was 100% adamant Riewoldt has been playing with cracked ribs for the last 3 weeks courtesy of a Goo training mishap.

Naturally Caro said it was untrue as the Tiges have strongly denied it.

Also what ever footy credibility she has is on the line as she said “absolutely no chance Graham will be bought in this week” I bet she’s wrong, but she knows best.

Possibly. Can't remember seeing him in the middle of a marking contest recently, seems to be waiting out the back, could be to avoid contact with his ribs. I think he is definitely not 100%. Doesn't seem to want to jump at the ball and is noticeably slow on leads.

sheesh now that ablett is out im inclined to think a richmond win.
if ablett was in my money would be on the suns.

Ablett is a likely starter. At this stage I would consider him playing, rather than not.

Also in are Bock and Brown, so don't take any injury reports you read about them seriously. :p

Hope it's a good game where the Suns will be competitive!

Do the Tigers play well in the wet? Forecast to not only be 26 and humid, but some showers on Saturday too.

I don't think anyone is expecting to lose this one but have we played on this ground before? I really hope we get used to the conditions over there and fly up earlier. Preparation will be a huge factor for this one.I think the Suns will think they're a chance and they will be if we're not switched on. They did what we couldn't. Beat Port Adelaide.

In: Gourdis Morton Graham
Out: Thursfield Grigg Hislop

Tuck won't be played, the club by now knows he won't be at the Tiges next year and are grooming the young mids to fend for themselves, it's not pretty but im sure that it will pay dividends in heated situations in finals

In: Gourdis Morton Graham
Out: Thursfield Grigg Hislop

Tuck won't be played, the club by now knows he won't be at the Tiges next year and are grooming the young mids to fend for themselves, it's not pretty but im sure that it will pay dividends in heated situations in finals

would like to see Goo get a decent run, but, if Suns play Dixon - he is a huge unit but pretty slow - thursty is a good match I reckon, and he ought get a solid run, too, was good except in last q when we gto flogged, but no fault of his.

Id like to see Tuck get a few games in a row before everyone decides to chuck our best clearance player, but perhaps not this week, which ought let our talent shine and would pregfer to bring in some pace - Nason or even Contin for Hislop, or even drop Jacko after last week - someone has to carry the can.

- Suns likely have a sore Abblett, but am guessing they will play him anyway, and all their big names that have injury concerns will likely be playing but hopefully for us, 90%

Ought to be able to do these lads comfortably without playing best 22 but the weather a worry - HOt and humid and then wet. some attention to fitness to run out games and some careful prep (take some gloves this time?)

i have just llooked at this ground were playing at. its capacity is 12,000. and looks like the size of a local footy ground. we should play griff on the wing/in the middle. get it out of the ruck.handpass to him and griff goes bang and will get it everytime.

GAMEPLAN

Biggest problem we are likely to have, is that GCS will have this down as one they can win, we need to wipe that thought from their heads very early in the game, if we give them a sniff, we could be in trouble.

i have just llooked at this ground were playing at. its capacity is 12,000. and looks like the size of a local footy ground. we should play griff on the wing/in the middle. get it out of the ruck.handpass to him and griff goes bang and will get it everytime.

GAMEPLAN

liking this idea:p

gus comes in so vickery can play forward more. vicks and griff will do alot of the damage. and this should be the game he kicks a bag. - out comes mcgaune.
tuck should come in as he has been playing well. and has been playing with gus so at least he sorta can read gus' hitouts. plus gus tackles alot. - out comes grigg
morton. played on the wing and accross half back. and put the ball cleanly inside 50. plus he can go forward if we are gonna sub griff again. - out comes hislop

Why does everyone want to drop Griggs - surely he should play in the ruck !

128680359001929584.jpg

Why do people persist with these jokes??? Can someone please tell me! It was never funny. Its like saying peejays when people call him griggs, lets add on a extra s to someones name and its such a joke. Then lets talk about him playing a different position then he actually does, omg im weting myself with laughter..... Jokes over, infact it was never funny, move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Richmond Vs. GCS - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back