Mega Thread Richmond Vs. GCS - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Richmond Vs. GCS

Like a previous poster said if they get a sniff and get a roll on anything can happen. They gave Geelong a very good run for 2 1/2 quarters in QLD and their kids show in bursts why they were rated so highly in the draft.

If we come to play we win by 50 - 100 points. If not this board will go into official meltdown. :p

Will be the biggest meltdown in history !!!

Will be the biggest meltdown in history !!!

Biggest meltdowns on this board are:

That fourth round loss to Melbourne in Terrys last year where the Tigers were built up before the start of the year.

Loss against Carlton in that game in Terrys second last year where we wore Hawthorn jumpers and Sassegum got people worked up. We were pushing for a finals berth.

Loss against Essendon and Melbourne this year.

Needs build up of expectations for finals to be a meltdown. I think most would see the lighter side of a loss but I dont see it happening to be honest. My emotions have been put back in the cue rack till next year.

Ablett seems certain to play but I wouldn't be suprised if he spends quite a bit of the game in the forward line this week. We are near the end of the season and have to cut players from our list in the off-season... they may start throwing a lot more rotations through the middle testing kids out... and takes a bit of pressure off his body if he is only 80-90% fit.

Don't think you guys have much to worry about this week. Our backline is starting to show signs of stability and the mids will fight it out as usual... but our forward line is soooooo depressing!

Last week we had 3 teenage mountains standing in the fwd line... over 6 meters worth of teenager potential... and they took 3 marks between them for the whole game and worst of all only 2 tackles between all 3 of them!

We are still a full season away from having consistant goal scoring key forwards... why are they always the last to mature in AFL? Our only chance is the mids/half forwards stand up and present and maybe snag enough goals to be competitive.

I guess the country sized ground and the laid back Cairns atmosphere can change the feel of the game, and we all know footy is a funny game so anything is possible?

P.S. You are more than welcome to send Mitchy Morton up to the Gold Coast next season... he is exactly what we need next season. I really do think the Suns need to do a Podsiadly and recruit a strong VFL forward or and experienced AFL forward on the outer to get us through next season.

P.S. You are more than welcome to send Mitchy Morton up to the Gold Coast next season... he is exactly what we need next season. I really do think the Suns need to do a Podsiadly and recruit a strong VFL forward or and experienced AFL forward on the outer to get us through next season.

You are Fevolas only realistic hope of a return even though I think McKenna has said not interested.

Mitch Morton would be handy for you. Im suprised that you havent tried Brown down there. He has kicked goals for Hawthorn before.

I would think his referring to Coburg.

Yep I interpreted it as that. That he is playing for Coburg at least gives the chance to play for him the last month.

geez I hope the team is more focussed on this game than this board!
Theres threads on whos buddies with who, trade options, coaching speculation, 2nd stringers, and hardly anyone interested in our next game.

Is it the calm before the storm?

Massive danger game - an unseasonal trip into the heat, at a ground weve probably never seen, vs virtually unknown opposition brimming over with young talent and led by arguably the best hard at it attacking midfielder in the game...

and coming off 2 pretty poor efforts.

This could be a big % booster for us, which we sorely need, or a hideous despair inducing nightmare.

Keen to see the team!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick said they would pick the fittest team they could. One of webberley or nason to come in? However, those two should never be played as a sub. Why would you sub players whose greatest strength is their endurance?

geez I hope the team is more focussed on this game than this board!
Theres threads on whos buddies with who, trade options, coaching speculation, 2nd stringers, and hardly anyone interested in our next game.

Is it the calm before the storm?

More the first game of the year where there is nothing bigger at the end of it for the rest of the year. A win last week wouldnt have got us finals but we could have dereailed Essendons season and that would have been satisfaction. I must admit Im just going to sit back and watch with less emotion that any game this year so I havent had the anticipation that comes with Thursday.

Tigers have gone up a day early which shows they are not interested in the same trivialites that we are.

Although if you go on Twitter for some of the players, you may find Im wrong. Dan Jackson seems to Tweet about anthing other than football.

Wow

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ainst-gold-coast/story-e6frf9jf-1226094455441

I mean just wow we are going up a day earlier so we can train in the conditions

We didnt handle darwin well , what an einstein.......I guess that also means no footy show appearances.

This isnt going to be pleasant if we dont get up against the suns this week.

It's not going to be pleasant if you're unrealistic like the media and a lot of people on here!!!!!
Hardwick, Benny Gale and the players thankfully see it differently and are building towards 2012 and beyond.
We're playing blokes out of position to give them experience in different spots (Post, Lids, Grigg, Vickery), young blokes who aren't ready for AFL seniors and are underdone are getting a run to show us their wares (Griffiths) and others are on their last chance (Thursfield, McGuane, Hislop). Chuck in a couple of teenagers (Batchelor, Conca, Griffiths, Helbig) who are geting a run ahead of older players (Graham and Tuck) and that Grimes, Astbury, Morton, Moore and Connors are out and a loss isn't the end of the world.
Add to this the average age of both the Suns and Richmond players to play last week was 22, we've played an average 14 games more than them across the board and kicked 14 goals more than them in our career and a loss wouldn't surprise me. The problem is some nuff nuffs on here and more particularly in the media think there is no excuse for losing to the Gold Coast. I've accepted where we are at and what we are doing while others just choose to ignore reality.

Mitch Morton would be handy for you. Im suprised that you havent tried Brown down there. He has kicked goals for Hawthorn before.

I believe his contract stipulated that he would be in defense. One of the reasons he left Hawthorn was that he was getting shuffled all over the place, couldn't settle, and his consistency and form suffered.

Morton would be a good target for the Suns. One of a few players we could lose with some currency.

I believe his contract stipulated that he would be in defense. One of the reasons he left Hawthorn was that he was getting shuffled all over the place, couldn't settle, and his consistency and form suffered.

Morton would be a good target for the Suns. One of a few players we could lose with some currency.

Interesting Pebblestone. I didnt know that. Lucky for Essendon and Adelaide Billy Duckworth and Shane Ellen didnt have that in their contract.

That is odd though isnt it that a player like Brown cannot be taken aside this week by McKenna and asked to get down forward to suprise us a bit.

A weak defence would surely look tempting and if a bloke has kicked goals before I would have thought that he would love to do it again.

Im suprised that a contract can have positional requirements but I guess if you are trying to lure a player then you have to do it.

Id love to see Morton in as soon as possible so that we can see if he is worth keeping or to bump up his trade. Unless he plays again this year, I cant see us getting too much for him.

Well arriving a day earlier that the Darwin trip atleast shows they are learning...

Winning or losing is of no importance for the rest of the year.... finishing below Adelaide is.

Anyone who can justify a loss is truly delusional.

Facts are we have a bunch of bloke who have been in the system 5+ years in Deledio, Edwards, Jack, Mcgaune, Jackson, Foley, Newman, Grigg, etc. Add to that the Houli, Cotchin, Rance, etc. These guys should simply bully the 18 and 19 year olds of the GC.

You can pull out stats like games played etc, but guys like Fraser, GAblett, Brown have all played 200 odd games while in reality half there teamsheet would have played nomore then a dozen.

Their young bodies should be tired.

There are no excuses for this match. I expect us to win well otherwise I will be very disappointed.

Tigers by 40+

Crikey. A contract that says Guy McKenna can only play him in the backline. No wonder they've only won 2 games. They have a bloke who has kicked over 60 career goals and he can't be moved up fwd. :rolleyes:

Facts are we have a bunch of bloke who have been in the system 5+ years in Deledio, Edwards, Jack, Mcgaune, Jackson, Foley, Newman, Grigg, etc. Add to that the Houli, Cotchin, Rance, etc. These guys should simply bully the 18 and 19 year olds of the GC.

You can pull out stats like games played etc, but guys like Fraser, GAblett, Brown have all played 200 odd games while in reality half there teamsheet would have played nomore then a dozen.

There are no excuses for this match. I expect us to win well otherwise I will be very disappointed.

Tigers by 40+

So you too are not a realist. Of the 11 blokes you mentioned none have set the world on fire recently, partly due to Hardwick experimenting with different players in different roles (Grigg tagging Judd was a highlight as was going in against Hille and Ryder without a ruckman). Edwards is too small, Jacks part injured and getting ordinary supply. The less said of our defence the better. I hope we win week but understand if we get done. If Hardwick put lasts weeks game ahead of development Tuck, Morton and Graham would've played ahead of 3 of the 9 players 21 or under who did.

It's not going to be pleasant if you're unrealistic like the media and a lot of people on here!!!!!
Hardwick, Benny Gale and the players thankfully see it differently and are building towards 2012 and beyond.
We're playing blokes out of position to give them experience in different spots (Post, Lids, Grigg, Vickery), young blokes who aren't ready for AFL seniors and are underdone are getting a run to show us their wares (Griffiths) and others are on their last chance (Thursfield, McGuane, Hislop). Chuck in a couple of teenagers (Batchelor, Conca, Griffiths, Helbig) who are geting a run ahead of older players (Graham and Tuck) and that Grimes, Astbury, Morton, Moore and Connors are out and a loss isn't the end of the world.
Add to this the average age of both the Suns and Richmond players to play last week was 22, we've played an average 14 games more than them across the board and kicked 14 goals more than them in our career and a loss wouldn't surprise me. The problem is some nuff nuffs on here and more particularly in the media think there is no excuse for losing to the Gold Coast. I've accepted where we are at and what we are doing while others just choose to ignore reality.

Tigers by 40+

So you too are not a realist. Of the 11 blokes you mentioned none have set the world on fire recently, partly due to Hardwick experimenting with different players in different roles (Grigg tagging Judd was a highlight as was going in against Hille and Ryder without a ruckman). Edwards is too small, Jacks part injured and getting ordinary supply. The less said of our defence the better. I hope we win week but understand if we get done. If Hardwick put lasts weeks game ahead of development Tuck, Morton and Graham would've played ahead of 3 of the 9 players 21 or under who did.

People who justify a loss be it honourable or otherwise belong to the group entitled.

ONLY THE MEDIOCRE ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL....piss off loser

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Richmond Vs. GCS - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back