Preview Richmond vs GWS, Round 2, MCG, 27 March 2022

Will the Tigers bounce back against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not this early...but the writing on the wall soon became obvious to me.....part of me was trying to be positive and made me flick between my feelings sometimes.

After a one game review looks like we are doing exactly the same as last year, eg discipline on frees, cant play anything close to 4 qtrs.

The winning Richmond used to run over teams --remember that? WE are not that team anymore.
Carlton was on the ropes and we just shut down and let them run over us with dumb play.
People are going to be crying tomorrow.
I'm still in the camp of, if we have everyone up and firing on the park and the umpires give us half a chance, we beat anyone.
The cold reality is we can't get everyone on the park and even our kids are underdone. We're a bees dick away from a WC situation.
I've watched nearly every game this weekend and none of them have been as strictly adjudicated as our game was. The umps stole the momentum away from us in the Calrton game and handed it to the Blues. We weren't choir boys but I've watched teams straddling the line all weekend and not get done for 8 50's.

I reckon you can run with bruised ribs? I'm not a doctor, though (don't tell the mistress). Unless he was knocked for six by COVID that's a pretty short lay up as well. Again, not a doctor (shhh).
You can run with bruised ribs, but speaking from experience it's not that enjoyable having blokes crashing into them while they are bruised and I believe he's missed a couple of weeks because of them. As such hasn't exactly been able to put his name forward for selection. If we get another 3-4 weeks into the season and he still isn't pushing for selection then we can start questioning where he is headed

I'm still in the camp of, if we have everyone up and firing on the park and the umpires give us half a chance, we beat anyone.
The cold reality is we can't get everyone on the park and even our kids are underdone. We're a bees dick away from a WC situation.
I've watched nearly every game this weekend and none of them have been as strictly adjudicated as our game was. The umps stole the momentum away from us in the Calrton game and handed it to the Blues. We weren't choir boys but I've watched teams straddling the line all weekend and not get done for 8 50's.
I hate the 50 mtr rule....the quicker it's nuked the better. It should only be used for most extreme frees, again give me 10 min with the rules committee on radio talkback and id put them back in their box. They have gone too far. The other thing is we have not disciplined our midset, we just have to admit it.
Not only that but our best players over the last 5 years are a shadow of themselves......and because we were so competitive over such a long period of time we couldn't develop as well as other teams. We need to start again and be happy we had an incredible 5 year run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can run with bruised ribs, but speaking from experience it's not that enjoyable having blokes crashing into them while they are bruised and I believe he's missed a couple of weeks because of them. As such hasn't exactly been able to put his name forward for selection. If we get another 3-4 weeks into the season and he still isn't pushing for selection then we can start questioning where he is headed
I did my ribs playing footy back in the day. Took 4 weeks to be able to train properly without grimacing in pain at every movement.

thats on the club for forcing him to play last week

the rule is simple, dont play freshly injured recovered blokes

we have no idea since inness went to sydney

Huh? He played with a thumb injury. But isn’t he out having pulled up sore…. nothing to do with the thumb..or am I missing something ..???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Port are screwed then, so are Footscray and the Bummers...

This season is already shaping up as having 7th and 8th spots open for a team with 10-11 wins. I just can’t see the Hawks and Pies maintaining the rage. So for me it’s Demons, Lions, Sydney, Cats and probably Blues looking good for top-8. Then opportunity abounds for anyone else now Port, Bombers and Dogs have started so poorly and the Eagles are COVID ravaged.

I honestly think if we can somehow get to 2-4 and have our troops return we can give ourselves a chance this season. But without our 4 best players plus JRoo and Lambert out, getting to 2-4 is the hard bit…….

But tomorrow is not a lost cause … whilst we have loads out, GWS are without Greene and Hopper who are both more than handy. I’m not confident for obvious reasons but you never know.

This season is already shaping up as having 7th and 8th spots open for a team with 10-11 wins. I just can’t see the Hawks and Pies maintaining the rage. So for me it’s Demons, Lions, Sydney, Cats and probably Blues looking good for top-8. Then opportunity abounds for anyone else now Port, Bombers and Dogs have started so poorly and the Eagles are COVID ravaged.

I honestly think if we can somehow get to 2-4 and have our troops return we can give ourselves a chance this season. But without our 4 best players plus JRoo and Lambert out, getting to 2-4 is the hard bit…….

But tomorrow is not a lost cause … whilst we have loads out, GWS are without Greene and Hopper who are both more than handy. I’m not confident for obvious reasons but you never know.

Not sure I have the same confidence.
Regular best 22-
Not playing: Greene & Hopper
In. Haynes & Hogan
vs
Not Playing: Martin, Prestia, Riewoldt, Grimes, Vlastuin, Lambert
In. McIntosh

Less than 10 goals and the team has done well.
As you said 'you never know', but sometimes the writing is on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back