Preview Richmond vs GWS, Round 2, MCG, 27 March 2022

Will the Tigers bounce back against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We haven't performed well at MCG through last season and round one this season. Our tally during this time I'm pretty sure is 4-7-1.

Whereas last season the Giants played twice at the G and won both including a win against Melbourne.

We'll be right. Up the Tigs!!
GWS lost against Hawthorn at the MCG last year.

But anyways, your point still stands. We haven’t played well there since the beginning of last year so we need to find a way to actually make this a home ground advantage for us. Since the 2017 season, only Sydney have defeated us at the MCG from the non-Victorian sides (in 2021) so we probably don’t want the flood gates to open on that one.

I feel like Richmond is the sort of club that will win multiple flags in short succession then go into obscurity for years. Every bit of luck is against us.
I feel like Richmond don’t play around with us. Either they finish top 4 and mean serious business or they don’t and give plenty of notice that they’re not doing anything in the season lol.

I kinda appreciate that they don’t waste our time and manage our expectations early if you can call that a positive lol.

It won’t matter how good our forward line looks if both our midfield and defence get thrashed today.

Maybe if things start horribly then we can switch Balta to defence and bring Miller forward.

Also, of course Jesse Hogan plays against us.

I just checked and for all the games this guy has missed since his 2015 debut, he hasn’t missed a single Richmond game. This includes his time at Melbourne, Fremantle, and GWS.

This should be pinned somewhere
Yeah the RCD potting is getting old when people don't know the full story.

It's the same with people constantly calling for Caddy to play. He won't be in the team until he improves his attitude. Was constantly abusing his less experienced team mates in the VFL for not hitting up his leads. Not Richmond man behaviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you lose 0-2 there’s like a 10 %chance to make finals , was some data I read about it few weeks back
5 teams were 0-2 last year and 3 of them made finals (GWS, Brisbane, and Essendon). I think there may have been a period of time where teams weren’t making finals after being 0-2, but it’s happened every year since about 2017.

Looking forward to having a close look at Tom Green today 😃
Looking at his profile is almost exactly the same size as RCD - 191cm 92kg

I’m usually pretty realistic with tigers.

But I’m saying this right now. Tigers are going to come out pumped as all hell and they’ll win it.
I'm usually pretty realistic too.

I think Giants by 24. We will fight and scrap hard though, will just lack class, and always be pushing shit uphill as we will be beaten in the middle all day. I expect to see fight though.

It's the same with people constantly calling for Caddy to play. He won't be in the team until he improves his attitude. Was constantly abusing his less experienced team mates in the VFL for not hitting up his leads. Not Richmond man behaviour.

Unpopular view for those who think time stands still. :thumbsu:

Would fire him and pay out his contract. Don't want that attitude at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back