Richmond VS Melbourne: Battle of the two best young lists in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

SCRAY72 said:
I thought St.Kilda had the best young list. No, no,its Hawthorn,no the Dogs, oh sh*t no its Geelong,West Coast,Adelaide,Port, I give up, I don't know anymore.
It depends how you rate young?

If it's 25 and under you'd have to say saints, geelong etc
If it's 22 and under you'd say bulldogs, melbourne etc
If it's 20 and under then it's Hawks, Richmond etc.

Other teams may have more 'attractive' lists of young players out there, but right now Richmond and Melbourne are winning a lot of games playing a lot of young kids in their sides. It's not important if they were top draft picks or not, it's important if they are helping their sides win.

footy4eva said:
rj, u finally posted something unbiased and decent:thumbsu:
Completely unbiased :rolleyes:

rick James said:
Gotta be close.

Both teams have been playing with an exuberance you only get from having a slew of youngsters all busting their gut to cement a spot. It would be foolish to suggest these teams actually rely on their youngsters to win games, but have a look at the names of some of the young guns playing tomorrow night:

Raines, Polo, Deledio, Schultz, McLean, Bate, Sylvia, Dunn, Bartram, Johnson. . . and more.

Regardless of results, at the very least I predict we'll see some very exciting young players going in hard for the footy with little regard for their safety.

Apologies to Brisbane who certainly have a great batch of youngin's comin' through as well.

Melbourne ? What a load of crap ... the dogs (for starters) have a much better crop of youngsters then your mob.

saintsrule said:
Melbourne has the fourth oldest list after Adelaide, Saints and Freo. And they have the most players of all teams aged 25+. They have 18 as opposed to Richmond's 12. It is a fallacy that Melbourne are a young team.

You sir, are an idiot. We have an awesome batch of young kids, that are getting a game in our 22 and playing brilliantly. Right up there with any other group of youngsters you care to name.

We have a lot of veteran depth which is a great aspect of our side. teh fact these kids are keeping players like Nahtna Brown, Wheatley, Bizzel and Ferguson OUT of the team just shows how good they are.

Bate
Dunn
Chris Johnson
Bartram
McLean
Sylvia

*Arguably I could include Paul Johnson, Rivers, Davey in that list also.

I challenge you to find a better group of youngsters than that.

rJ's right, saintsrule.

Melbourne has an ageing list, but its team is relatively young in relation to that list.

As rJ stated, the following youngsters, aged 22 or less, have played regular footy this season: Bate, Sylvia, Dunn, Chris Johnson, McLean, Bell, Bartram, Rivers, Jamar.

The likes of Nicholson, Bizzell, Brown and Ward (until recently) have been in the reserves. Unlike several lists, not all our older players are core parts of our senior team.

While Neitz, White, Yze, Holland, McDonald and Pickett are all 27 or older, there are a few veterans on the list who would be quite nervous about their future.

rick James said:
You sir, are an idiot. We have an awesome batch of young kids, that are getting a game in our 22 and playing brilliantly. Right up there with any other group of youngsters you care to name.

We have a lot of veteran depth which is a great aspect of our side. teh fact these kids are keeping players like Nahtna Brown, Wheatley, Bizzel and Ferguson OUT of the team just shows how good they are.

Bate
Dunn
Chris Johnson
Bartram
McLean
Sylvia

*Arguably I could include Paul Johnson, Rivers, Davey in that list also.

I challenge you to find a better group of youngsters than that.

No you are the idiot. Look at the title of your thread. Melbourne may have some good younger players on it's list, but it has in fact quite an old list. Without those more experienced players, the younger ones would not be playing anywhere as well. As for comparisons, couldn't give a flying fig. Richmond has a young list. Melbourne doesn't.

Do you understand now?

saintsrule said:
No you are the idiot. Look at the title of your thread. Melbourne may have some good younger players on it's list, but it has in fact quite an old list. Without those more experienced players, the younger ones would not be playing anywhere as well. As for comparisons, couldn't give a flying fig. Richmond has a young list. Melbourne doesn't.

Do you understand now?

You tool. It's about which team has the best group of youngsters within the list. Our "young list" - not our whole list.

celtic_pride said:
rick James said:
You sir, are an idiot.

What so he's not allowed to have an opinion ???
Are you part of China's govt which censors what is said on the internet RJ ???
And frankly Chris Johnson's not that great, despite your dribble.
Grow up for pete's sake.

He can have an opinion, but if it's wrong or based on stupid logic, I will call him an idiot for it.

Kind of like when you demonstrated your brilliant football knowledge by declaring Simmonds was miles better than white - then realised you were wrong and ran away.

Chris Johnson has been great for us, playing on the HBF much better than that athlete Andrew Walker.

Clint Bartram, Chris Johnson & Lyn Dunn are made to look better than they are due to excellent work by the senior players around them. I do rate Mclean, Sylvia and Bate though.

MadDawg said:
Clint Bartram, Chris Johnson & Lyn Dunn are made to look better than they are due to excellent work by the senior players around them. I do rate Mclean, Sylvia and Bate though.

Bartram has been a very solid tagger week in and week out, had a number of big jobs thus far.

Dunn is a young CHF averaging a goal a game, and works ahrd off the ball - don't know what more you'd want from him. Chris Johnson is playing HBF and hasn't been beaten this year, and has good disposal through the corridor. I'm happy with all three. They're showing very good levels of maturity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rick James said:
You tool. It's about which team has the best group of youngsters within the list. Our "young list" - not our whole list.

Then why don't you title yor thread accordingly you silly little boy. A teams list is it's entire playing group. A few young players within it, do not comprise a list of any kind.

And it is precisely because you have a majority of seasoned older players to lead the way that the younger ones are often made to look better than they would without them.

IMO the Richmond Melbourne game should take precedent over other rivals.

Both the original Tennants of the MCG, there should be a taste of tradition thrown into the mix.

rick James said:
He can have an opinion, but if it's wrong or based on stupid logic, I will call him an idiot for it.

Kind of like when you demonstrated your brilliant football knowledge by declaring Simmonds was miles better than white - then realised you were wrong and ran away.

Chris Johnson has been great for us, playing on the HBF much better than that athlete Andrew Walker.

I didn't say that Simmonds was better then White, I said that Simmonds was having an better season then White ... do you get the difference ?

rick James said:
Bartram has been a very solid tagger week in and week out, had a number of big jobs thus far.

Dunn is a young CHF averaging a goal a game, and works ahrd off the ball - don't know what more you'd want from him. Chris Johnson is playing HBF and hasn't been beaten this year, and has good disposal through the corridor. I'm happy with all three. They're showing very good levels of maturity.

I just dont think those players would do so well in a weak side, Dunn instead of getting the 4th best defender gets 1st or 2nd, same with Johnson with the forwards and with Bartram I dont see much improvement coming from him. Thats just the way I see it.

celtic_pride said:
I didn't say that Simmonds was better then White, I said that Simmonds was having an better season then White ... do you get the difference ?

You said he was having a MUCH better seaosn than White then, either way it's still WRONG and you're still a bonehead.

MadDawg said:
I just dont think those players would do so well in a weak side, Dunn instead of getting the 4th best defender gets 1st or 2nd, same with Johnson with the forwards and with Bartram I dont see much improvement coming from him. Thats just the way I see it.

That may be the case regarding Johnson and Dunn - however, how is that ANY different from the situation at Richmond, Western Bulldogs and St Kilda?

oxx said:
IMO the Richmond Melbourne game should take precedent over other rivals.

Both the original Tennants of the MCG, there should be a taste of tradition thrown into the mix.
There's only one original tenant of the MCG. All others are trespassers.
It's Melbourne's home ground.

celtic_pride said:
The entertaining ramblings of a 5 yr old.

A 5 year old with a much greater knowledge of all things than you, simpleton.

Still tihnk Simmonds is having a much better year than White this season? Still think Walker can kick?

rJ is fine when everyone agrees with him. Can only counter with namecalling abuse when anyone doesn't. Typical form of communication for a dysfunctional adolescent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond VS Melbourne: Battle of the two best young lists in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back