Nbrown7

All Australian
Oct 14, 2004
blackburn
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
In a game where no doubt ottens will regret leaving richmond after the barrage of abuse he will receive from richmond members. Who from richmond will play on him. Lets not forget he can play good footy up forward and he will most probably start there in round 1.

I happen to know for a fact that Archibald wants to play on him rnd 1 but i doubt he will get picked.

I personally beleive ray hall would be a good match up. suggestions

It really depends on where Ottens plays. If he's in the ruck, Simmonds will tear him limb from limb. Knobel may come in as well to bash and crash him. Gaspar may play on him if he's in the goalsquare, providing he gets some confidence and match fitness during the Wizard Cup. Possibly Mark Graham, or Ray Hall, maybe even Schulz, who knows?

When Ottens moves into the ruck we should rest Simmonds on hte bench/forward and get Knoble on. Tell the lad to run stright and hard. :cool:

When Ottens is forwad Gaspar would be the go seeing as they dont have other forwards.

hey guys, just joined up to big footy then. i am a massive richmond supporter and i would love nothing less than for us to smash geelong by 10 goals

i just had a quik lil think about who would be a good match up and im thinking towards schultz. he does some big bumps and these are the types of players that i can see tw playing schultz on.... itd be an interesting one :cool:

Tambo!!!! said:
mm yer true.... but we can always bring schultz back for that one special ocasion! ;)

I hate to brake it to ya, I really doubt Schultz is going to be good enough to hold the Treadreas, Browns etc.

Even with Otten I doubt he will do well. Id put Gaspar on him.

i will admit i tend to agree with you there... he could go either really well on players like ottens and lift his game or very poorly/ or unable to keep up with the player. but shcultz will hopefully give ottens a decent bump whether he is playing on him or not.

metallichris said:
Gaspar may play on him if he's in the goalsquare, providing he gets some confidence and match fitness during the Wizard Cup. Possibly Mark Graham, or Ray Hall, maybe even Schulz, who knows?
Lets hope Gaspar is back in form because I can't see Schultz matching Ottens at this stage or Hall or Graham matching him at any stage. Either way, I think our best bet will be to have one of them playing on and blocking him with kellaway third man in punching the ball away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bentleigh said:
When Ottens moves into the ruck we should rest Simmonds on hte bench/forward and get Knoble on. Tell the lad to run stright and hard. :cool:

When Ottens is forwad Gaspar would be the go seeing as they dont have other forwards.
Thats how we used knobel against brissy. he really wanted to give it back to brissy and he gave charman broken ribs in the first quarter so then they had to use Brennan for the rest of the game

donutdaycopy.gif

You must take your donuts.

Dear Bradley,

I know I speak for all richmond supporters and players alike when I wish you well for your journey forward in the jungle that is the AFL. I hope you play very well and fulfill your potential against 14 clubs in the years to come.

However, against the Tigers i hope you play like you did for us in the last couple of years, SCARED!!!! Coz you should be, i hope Knobel runs you through, and don't even think about coming near the fence sunshine, I'm not sure your sensitive ears could take whats coming your way.

Rant over, i'm not bitter at all!!!!

Knobel only plays well against the bris rucks... it seems his knee slots nicely into Keating's ribs.

Does well against Allan too

LMAOO@ How this will be the first time that the rubber dik will have bad blood directed at his head.

LMAOOO Brad.

He'll shti himself for a week.

oxx said:
LMAOO@ How this will be the first time that the rubber dik will have bad blood directed at his head.

LMAOOO Brad.

He'll shti himself for a week.

he would of :):):):) his pants the second he found out it was rd 1 at the m.c.g that he has to face us.

bet ya he fakes an injury.

Contrary to much speculation, I have it on good authority that Brad Ottens is not in fact the Antichrist.

Nice enough bloke really, didn't do as well for us as we all hoped, but a new dawn approaches for both him and us. He was also prepared to stay at Tigerland but his mum was keen for him to go for the $$.

Can anyone really blame him for leaving. Would Scott West be a happier and more fulfilled bloke if he'd joined brisbane 7 years ago? Probably.

Good luck to him and may time reveal that we did OK out of it too. I think the club and Ottens would be more excited going into 2005 as a result of the change.

The closest we get to a flag in the next 5 years could very well be seeing Brad Ottens win one with geelong.... new beginning and all and hope springs eternal but the strong likelihood is that we're a long way off yet.

milnedog44 said:
Thats how we used knobel against brissy. he really wanted to give it back to brissy and he gave charman broken ribs in the first quarter so then they had to use Brennan for the rest of the game

Yep. Knoble may not rack up 20 touches a game but this 'hardness' he posses will help the side alot. He does have a heart, a large lumbering body and he runs stright.

btw - i remember that game well. Didnt Brennan get hurt also but they he had to keep rucking cause there was very few options left? Good kid.

Skeptic said:
Knobel only plays well against the bris rucks... it seems his knee slots nicely into Keating's ribs.

Does well against Allan too

Im sure he will prefrom that rucking role against alot of clubs. Or at least we hope so. Add that to 500 odd hitouts (7th best in the home & away season) and he should be servicable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Vs Ottens Rnd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back