Richo is KING of the G!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Mc said:
It's a decent achievement, but I suspect it has more to do with so many sides using the MCG as their home ground these days and so many more games being played there. In the days of suburban footy grounds, players wouldn't have gone there quite as often. Still, he's got the record, and good on him.
True, but Tigers moved there in 1965 and greats like Norm Smith have not achieved this.
My favourite Richo moments:
v WCE at MCG. Richo falls to his knees after taking big mark 20 out, then proceeds to crawl between Eagle's legs (lost it).
v ROOs at MCG. Grabs ball in back pocket (Archer in pursuit), carries to centre and dodges two Roos. Runs around boundary to forward pocket and lines up ... and delivers perfect pass to Roo in goal square. Would have been greatest play in history if kicked it
:) :eek: :D

DG-Man said:
Ahhhh Richo...the Mark Philippouissis of ther football world.

Tall, athletic, seems to have it all......acheived so little.

He makes me laugh the little sook!
As you are clearly joking (or know nothing about football) I will resist the urge to list his achievements. The comparative lack of derogatory posts here in comparison to other threads speaks volumes about the esteem in which Richo is held by the majority of supporters.

Unassuming off the ground, passionate and gives his all on it. A flawed diamond to be sure, but inarguably a matchwinner many times over and possibly Richmond's greatest player over the last quarter of a century.

well done Richo, one of the last true charecters of the game and the reason people go to football. People say they hate him, but deep down everybody loves Richo

I reckon he's a champ. As others have said he is great comedy value and imagine how good he could have been in a good side. Having said that, he has still achieved a lot and will go down as one of the best forwards of his era.

itsintheblood said:
Ahhhhhh Ben Holland. The other half of the worst ever football brothers to have played the game behind the houlihans.

And yet he gave Richardson a footballing lesson last Friday night, that must have hurt :D

Jarka said:
And yet he gave Richardson a footballing lesson last Friday night, that must have hurt :D
yea gave him a footballing lesson. Must be the best player you've got then:rolleyes:

none of the forwards played weel due to both teams flooding get it through your thick head you ****ing idiot.

true champion of RFC and arguably the best contested mark in the comp.

beaver's army said:
none of the forwards played weel due to both teams flooding get it through your thick head you ****ing idiot.

Have you actually replied to my posts in the other threads regarding this issue?

Guess not, gee I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Felcher

4274-t.gif

DG-Man said:
Ahhhh Richo...the Mark Philippouissis of ther football world.

Tall, athletic, seems to have it all......acheived so little.

He makes me laugh the little sook!

I can understand you saying that they are a great comparion, but to say that they have achieved so little is fking stupid.

The Scud made it to two US Open finals and got soundly beaten by the two hottest players in the world at the time. Fantastic achievement to make it to a grand slam final. Also the injuries that he has had to put up with is far more than anyone else has had to cope with.

He has however been frustrating at times.

Richo has achieved plenty and although he hasnt won premierships (like Buckley, West, Johnson, Ablett), he has won the respect of many football followers from inside and outside Richmond. To say he hasnt achieved anything is incorrect. Has had to cope with an enormous amount of injuries as well, and up until 18 months ago, people were comparing him to James Hird as the unluckiest footballer ever (injury wise).

Richo also differs to the Scud in that he ALWAYS commits himself!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarka said:

Lol. You're joking right? He just come back the week before from a broken wrist which kept him out for 5 weeks so is no way near match fit and our midfield never really gave him a chance to kick any kind of score. You have no idea. It doesn't surprise me though, you were probably at the snow the last 6 weeks so would have NFI. Go back buddy, the hot cuppas and snow are awaiting you ****a.

GO TIGES!!!

tigertRANCE said:
Lol. You're joking right? He just come back the week before from a broken wrist which kept him out for 5 weeks so is no way near match fit and our midfield never really gave him a chance to kick any kind of score. You have no idea. It doesn't surprise me though, you were probably at the snow the last 6 weeks so would have NFI. Go back buddy, the hot cuppas and snow are awaiting you ****a.

GO TIGES!!!

I'm sorry, I must be mistaken, how many goals did Richardson kick on Holland? The way you describe it he was best on ground so he must have kicked at least 4 or 5? You see I was at the snow drinking some gluevine.

So how many did the great Richo kick on Holland?

How quickly a thread degenerates when it is hijacked by small minded people. This isn't a Ben Holland thread, go start one about him if you're that one minded about him.

Well done Richo, the good the bad and the ugly (hardly;) ) youre ours and we love ya:thumbsu:

Jarka said:

Sure. Let's conveniently forget richo probably shouldnt even be playing considering he only recently had his wrist screwed back together. But thats fine. Ben Holland is a star. One of the best backmen in the AFL. :cool:

Jarryd_S said:
The fact Lloydy has the record (well, will again at some point) despite us playing at the Dome over the past 6 years shows how good he is. But well done to Richo, no-one can deny that he is a great player.

But my favourite Richo moment was from last year, he takes a towering pack mark against 3 Essendon defenders, right in front of the Richmond cheer squad, turns, runs into the goal square, every Richmond fan on their feet cheering, kicks...AND MISSES.
You get off lightly.We have to go through it week in week out with Richo.:D

itsintheblood said:
Let's conveniently forget richo probably shouldnt even be playing considering he only recently had his wrist screwed back together.

What complete tripe, if he's not fit and ready to go then Wallace and the medical department who ok's his inclusion should be sacked.

My favourite Richardson moment was seeing him crack the sads one game because his teammate didn't kick the ball to him, he kicked a goal instead!

Richo is great for football.

Jarka said:
What complete tripe, if he's not fit and ready to go then Wallace and the medical department who ok's his inclusion should be sacked.

My favourite Richardson moment was seeing him crack the sads one game because his teammate didn't kick the ball to him, he kicked a goal instead!

Richo is great for football.
\

Tripe?? Is there a player in the afl at this time of the year who is fit and ready to go? Every single player would be carrying some sort of niggling injury. It's the nature of the game. Richo just had an operation on a broken wrist and a plate and screws removed. He is FAR from 100%. To say holland is a better player or pulled his pants down because he's a better player is just crap. Richo took a couple of huge grabs in the last qtr which holland had no hope of stopping.

And if you can only remember one moment when richo cracked the sads because his teammate didnt kick the ball to him then you're doing pretty poorly.

Jarka said:
and yet you're still a tosser, go figure.
geez jarka have i said something to upset you?
could it be that you wished you had richo instead of holland. even richo instead of neitz, but who wouldnt richo's a gun neitz well theres not alot to be said about him really.

beaver's army said:
geez jarka have i said something to upset you?
could it be that you wished you had richo instead of holland. even richo instead of neitz, but who wouldnt richo's a gun neitz well theres not alot to be said about him really.

No it's because you keep on carrying on about an issue that's been proven wrong in about 6 different threads.

Richo is great for footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo is KING of the G!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back