Richo Should Win The MVP Award

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Richo has copped a bum rap from most fans over the years. He has been far better than most people have given him credit for. But this season, the pendulum has swung aound 180 degrees and people are overrating his performance. They are like the husband who has mistreated his wife and been having affairs with other women, but now they wish to make up, so they buy her flowers and chocolates, give her foot massages and suck up to her.

Richo has been great this season, I'm not saying he hasn't been good. But he is nowhere near the MVP of the league. He is kicking less goals than he normally does, playing more around the ground, but he doesn't really do as much at ground level as other dominant midfielders. He doesn't exactly break the lines and set up play for Richmond. More of a workhorse and a good safety outlet for kicks out wide. Many of his disposals are fairly ordinary. He also makes quite a lot of errors, but which he atones for with his good workrate.

Only 11 tackles in 19 games. :eek:

The most valuable players get slightly more involved in the defensive aspect of the game.

I like Richo but I think his seaon this year has been very over-rated.

Some of his games have been Bowden like in the way he get easy posessions in the back half and then does nothing constructive with it.

I think he should, but only out of sympathy becasue he hasn't won anything in his life, the trophy cupboard would be looking very bare. Have some heart & give the big dopey bugger something! If not that maybe the Herald Sun/Age player of the year would suffice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo Should Win The MVP Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Back