Ricky Ponting coming up on 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne Russell asked Ricky Ponting if he would still be a Kangaroos fan if they moved to the GC. Ponting said, "Absolutely." He said he would still be a Kangaroos fan even if they move. Said he thinks he's got blue and white blood in him.
Russell said, "Should they move?" Ponting replied that he would prefer that they didn't move but can see there is a financial burden. He said that he thought the conjecture was not helping the club and that a decision would likely be made one way or the other very soon.

It's important to remember that Ponting grew up in Tasmania, and now lives in Sydney.

It's also important to remember that he is very, very close to Archer. I suspect this view of his might shift . . .

I grew up (and still live) in Tassie Kangalicious - and that does not mean I have any less passion than my Victorian counterparts about our Club and the threat of it becoming another franchise Club, or moving away from its roots in Melbourne.

It's important to remember that Ponting grew up in Tasmania, and now lives in Sydney.

It's also important to remember that he is very, very close to Archer. I suspect this view of his might shift . . .

The fact that he was born in Tasi and lives in Sydney means crap. Dosnt change the fact that his a mad kangas surporter, and he has done a hell of a lot for this club. He is a true surporter that will follow the club where ever it goes.

I grew up (and still live) in Tassie Kangalicious - and that does not mean I have any less passion than my Victorian counterparts about our Club and the threat of it becoming another franchise Club, or moving away from its roots in Melbourne.

Helsy I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Please don't get me wrong. I certainly wouldn't suggest interstaters love the club any less - there are plenty of you on here who prove that is not the case! But I was just thinking through what might make Ponting say that . . . :eek:

The fact that he was born in Tasi and lives in Sydney means crap. Dosnt change the fact that his a mad kangas surporter, and he has done a hell of a lot for this club. He is a true surporter that will follow the club where ever it goes.

OK, well, I'm a true supporter, and I won't follow the club to the Gold Coast. Which may not fit your definition of support, but it works for me.

Helsy I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Please don't get me wrong. I certainly wouldn't suggest interstaters love the club any less - there are plenty of you on here who prove that is not the case! But I was just thinking through what might make Ponting say that . . . :eek:

Sorry mate, just a little jumpy over the whole thing. I have no idea why anyone would accept the Club uprooting itself and its history without a knock down and drag em out fight to the death.

Sorry mate, just a little jumpy over the whole thing. I have no idea why anyone would accept the Club uprooting itself and its history without a knock down and drag em out fight to the death.

You and me both. In fact I'm starting to have quite disturbing dreams about the knock down and drag em out fight bit. I can't say they are disturbing in a bad way . . . ;)

If you didn't mean to imply otherwise why is it important to remember that his from Tasi and lives in Sydney?

If you didn't mean to imply otherwise why is it important to remember that his from Tasi and lives in Sydney?

I didn't mean to imply that all interstaters share the same view about the club's geographic location. But that having no Melbourne attachment might be a factor here for Ponting.

Like 99% of the posts on this board, I am speculating. That's a long word. Let me know if I need to explain that as well. :rolleyes:

Thats an understandable notion, helsy... but there is no way Kangalicious would say anything other than negatives about the GC issue. I get what she says about Punter, his priorities may differ from other supporters (I mean, how many of our posters here have already conceded defeat on the issue?). It is a shame though, I hoped he would have a bit of a rant instead of just shrugging his shoulders and sitting on the fence.

But you are a gem, Helsy, and with supporters like you and Kangalicious on the front line fighting tooth and nail, we ain't going anywhere.:thumbsu:

And VB, dude, chill out. Let's fight for each other, not against each other... there is a lot of tension around here and while your commitment is admirable, quick temper is not... I mean, what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, well, I'm a true supporter, and I won't follow the club to the Gold Coast. Which may not fit your definition of support, but it works for me.
Same here, what defines a true Supporter?

VB can you tell me what Defines a True Supporter?

To me its anyone that buys a membership goes to games and yells their lungs off.

To me its anyone that buys a membership goes to games and yells their lungs off.

I don't disagree with you, theduckfan, to an extent.

I live in Sydney and I haven't had a chance to see a live game for 2 years. Until recently I didn't bother buying a membership because I didn't realise how important it was.

But, man, I'm dying inside with all this crap going on. I have never felt so helpless on something in my entire life. Literally, it feels like a close family member has been diagnosed with cancer and we still don't know if the chemo will work.

I don't watch the boys live. I'm not a member (yet). But, I feel like my blood and tears are blue and white stripes. And if this relocation happens, I will mourn like losing someone I love.

So maybe your definition of a true supporter can shift a little.:)

You and me both. In fact I'm starting to have quite disturbing dreams about the knock down and drag em out fight bit. I can't say they are disturbing in a bad way . . . ;)

I dead-serious had a dream about this last night. I even thought the dream was real.

I was at the gym and it was announced on the news bulletin on the radio that we had officially agreed to relocate. It dead-set felt like someone had died. Like I was all alone. Like the one I love had been murdered. I was so freikin angry.

When I woke up this morning I didn't realise it had been a dream. Took me a while to realise my club was still here. Biggest relief of my life so far, I reckon.

Dead-serious.

I dead-serious had a dream about this last night. I even thought the dream was real.

I was at the gym and it was announced on the news bulletin on the radio that we had officially agreed to relocate. It dead-set felt like someone had died. Like I was all alone. Like the one I love had been murdered. I was so freikin angry.

When I woke up this morning I didn't realise it had been a dream. Took me a while to realise my club was still here. Biggest relief of my life so far, I reckon.

Dead-serious.

OK, see, that's disturbing in a bad way. And in a scarily real way. :eek:

Once a week, I do some boxing with a personal trainer (better him than the kids ;)). As an aside, I have to say, it's seriously addictive . . . Anyway, I have to say that now when I feel I can't throw another punch, I just picture one or more of our board members' faces in the glove - and voila! - energy back. :D

No point arguing amongst ourselves TDF. We're not enemies of each other. Our enemies are a defeated and defeatist board and the AFL puppet masters.

If current supporters want to follow the GC Kangas post-relocation good luck to them. Let's not judge anyone on what they may or may not do should these circumstances arise.

However, when it comes time to try to resurrect the club's rundown fortunes as a Melbourne-based club, let's ALL fight the good fight as hard as we can. I'd like to think every North supporter would want to pitch in for that fight, including VB.

How about it, VB?

Dwayne Russell isn't qualified to even shine Ricky Ponting's shoes. Let alone ask him a question about football with the sole purpose of finding another opportunity to dig it to our club.

I don't disagree with you, theduckfan, to an extent.

I live in Sydney and I haven't had a chance to see a live game for 2 years. Until recently I didn't bother buying a membership because I didn't realise how important it was.

But, man, I'm dying inside with all this crap going on. I have never felt so helpless on something in my entire life. Literally, it feels like a close family member has been diagnosed with cancer and we still don't know if the chemo will work.

I don't watch the boys live. I'm not a member (yet). But, I feel like my blood and tears are blue and white stripes. And if this relocation happens, I will mourn like losing someone I love.

Im sure you watch them on Tally every now and then..

No point arguing amongst ourselves TDF. We're not enemies of each other. Our enemies are a defeated and defeatist board and the AFL puppet masters.

If current supporters want to follow the GC Kangas post-relocation good luck to them. Let's not judge anyone on what they may or may not do should these circumstances arise.

However, when it comes time to try to resurrect the club's rundown fortunes as a Melbourne-based club, let's ALL fight the good fight as hard as we can. I'd like to think every North supporter would want to pitch in for that fight, including VB.

How about it, VB?
Im in, if we fought the boars the way some people fight each other on here we would be safe.

What we need is plenty of spray paint. We go down to Arden street late at night and spray a massive say no to relocation on the ground.

i second this

Be interesting to find out how many other "Supporters" are on this forum who don't buy memberships and then are devestated that we might get re-located...Disgrace.:thumbsdown:

Be interesting to find out how many other "Supporters" are on this forum who don't buy memberships and then are devestated that we might get re-located...Disgrace.:thumbsdown:

What you need to understand is if you live in Sydney, or any other AFL state the Kangaroos only get a mention when they are playing the local team or there is a major drama. The Gold Coast does not even rate a mention in Adelaide so many interstate supporters who do not visit this forum probably do not even know of the clubs plight as we were told about moving to Canberra, being a second team in Sydney etc. Every year the roos are moving somewhere interstate if you believe the media. Its like the boy who cried wolf. For the record before you get stuck into me i have been a member for years and run a supporter group to attract new members

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricky Ponting coming up on 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back