Autopsy Loss to Sydney - quite literally no words will adequately sum this up

Remove this Banner Ad

Still feel agitated over the overall standard of umpiring, which is rare for me as I usually get over it within a few hours. The lack of accountability agitates me the most.

In saying that, I feel a lot better about the state of the list after fantastic performances at both levels. Our kids are the ones driving improvement and standards, and were the ones that made a good swans midfield look second rate for long periods. Wardlaw, Sheez, Ford, Phillips, Powell, Spicer and CCJ all showed a lot and drove our improved performance. Then you have Laz getting 30+ in the vfl and Harvey getting 5 goals and 20 disposals. Add a decent msd player and a few early picks in the main draft and I think we will start getting rewarded, regardless of the umps.

Maybe the list isn’t in as bad of shape as many of us think.

It was the worst umpiring I’ve ever witnessed. Outdid the 2015 pre-lim effort by them. At least there was the hometown bias reason on that occasion. Wardlaw was molested by them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shiels pinned the arm, rolled him onto his side, ball is dropped after the tackle is executed perfectly.
His arm actually goes to handpass before its pinned so how much prior does he need.

This s**t cost us a goal and the game. c***s
The whole lot of them are just c***s
100%

That was an unforgivable error by umpires who would have all been focused on that piece of play.

Don't ask me why, but I just watched corn on the afl website. After the extra interchange we tried to rectify it by having Powell come back off and shiels back on, so they were saying it should have been another shot at goal for the swans as it was a 77th interchange
The D!ckhead is wrong. The AFL Regulations (adjunct to the laws of the game) require that the excess interchanged player has to come off.

It was the worst umpiring I’ve ever witnessed. Outdid the 2015 pre-lim effort by them. At least there was the hometown bias reason on that occasion. Wardlaw was molested by them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The 1994 Prelim says hi. Head and shoulders above anything I've ever witnessed from a sh*tful umpiring perspective.

Another huge positive...

No one gave the handball off to a loitering LMac. It's like the Rats sent the playing group an internal memo midweek - "if he comes up behind you, tell him to **** off"

I saw him loitering too. Behind scott and wardlaw. But then he ended up patting them on the head. To the untrained eye you'd think Lmac was telling them to relax and good luck, but the rest of us know better.

Long may it continue!

Know he's a flog but Blakey is exactly the sort of player that would propel us in the right direction, outside of a big key forward of course. He just ran past our players numerous times and the bloke is a lovely kick. Really need to find that off of half-back; whether it's Goater or someone else. You can't teach that sort of speed, agility, and then skill with the ball.
There were a couple of times where Bailey took on and beat Blakey. It seemed a bit personal too. probably cos they were in the same side in their draft year and they have a bit of competitiveness because of that tho, that's how it seemed.

Wardlaw, Sheezel and Phillips combining in the middle was the highlight of my year.

Have heard it was clear instruction from Ratten when the heat was on the game. Wanted to see how the three boys would go in the moment and they delivered.

Ratts and the Coaching group took the players out for a beer afterwards.

Really rapt with the efforts of Bailey and CCJ yesterday.

Bailey just needs to back himself and know when to just pin the ears back and take the game on. Always looks so unsure of himself. That goal would do wonders for his confidence

CCJ finally looked comfortable crashing packs and hurting blokes at senior level. Been a huge blight on his game in the seniors even at Richmond.

Loved all the fans going to the race post-game and cheering the players off. They did themselves proud yesterday, looked like a competitive team for 4 quarters.

Wardlaw, Sheezel and Phillips combining in the middle was the highlight of my year.

Have heard it was clear instruction from Ratten when the heat was on the game. Wanted to see how the three boys would go in the moment and they delivered.

Ratts and the Coaching group took the players out for a beer afterwards.
Great news. The team that drinks together plays together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's worse-

Hmm

* the swans man
Dane Rampe is another piece of shit.
Sit the fukc down c*** and know your place. You got the free

Enjoy retirement

Dane Rampe is another piece of s**t.
Sit the fukc down c*** and know your place. You got the free

Enjoy retirement
Never has there been a player allowed to scrag more than that absolute c*ck gobbler.

A real positive is our ability to still put scoreboard pressure especially without Cam. Good teams find other avenues to goal and we were able to not only comeback, but get in front by 3 goals against a desperate Swans outfit. That's not easy to do for a side that made 6 changes and just came off a 12 goal shellacking.

There's belief in the young group and that's where we need to keep moving towards. Giving the young guys a genuine crack will make us a better team.

We were sitting probably 30 metres away at most.

It was a free kick every day and night of the week. It could be very easily argued that it cost us the game, because after the play on call, Jack had to kick under pressure. It went out to around or just inside the 50 metre line, and a Swans player marked it.

The Swans player goaled. Had a free been paid, the resulting clearing kick would have not necessarily gone to the same Swans player, or more likely to one of our boys. From there on who knows, but it was a pivotal moment.

It wont happen but every one of those umpires should be dropped. They were terrible yesterday. And the final free kick count? 24 to 16.

You get multiple warnings and literally have someone counting the rotations. We just stuffed up

It's a bit more complicated than that. It was explained on SEN after 12 pm today, and much of the problem was by two North players coming off at the same time. Shiells had cramp and ran off at the same time that Powell (I think) was rotated off. In essence, Powell was the only player who should have come off and that would have been it for the day. Shiells was then instructed to go back on to "reverse" the extra rotation, but apparently two players went back on. Hence we were over the cap of 75 - or something similar to that.

Compounding matters was the fact that the people who were running this from the AFL's point of view took far too long to let the umpires know.

This is yet another instance of a badly put together rule. Clearly there has to be a penalty for exceeding the interchange cap. But an on field penalty is surely not appropriate, when it has such a heavy impact on the outcome of the game.

It should be a fine and a substantial one at that. We derived no on field benefit whatsoever from what was a very innocent error in my opinion. We were not trying to cheat, by say, having an extra man on the ground, which was, as I understand it, why the rule was introduced. In fact we were actually in a worse off position on field personnel wise, because we had 4 players (apparently) tied up while officials tried to sort things out.

The AFL should, but won't, change this rule, but imagine if a GF is decided in such farcical circumstances? The umpires would be lynched. (They could have been yesterday, but that was due to their game long display of total ineptitude.)

With time to reflect. We don’t need four points this season, we need our players to get confidence in themselves, each other and the game plan - check.

We need the young talented players on the list to get their chances, find their place and bring what they can do - check. We especially need to know we have the foundations of excellent midfielders in Phillips and Wardlaw and mid/forward in Sheezel - check.

We need players and coaches and supporters to see a way through to what is possible and reasons to stay the course - check.

We don’t need another backs to the wall, emotion filled upset win. We need everyone to bring that intensity in regular weeks. Maybe losing this one makes it more likely to be a turning point rather than an end in itself, who knows.

I hope long term this game and its result are only remembered by most people as an oddity because of the unusual penalty, and by us as the day we saw a lot of pieces of new North Melbourne arrive.
A win would of done wonders for this group - especially with LDU, cunners and CZ not playing

I just wanted to mention that there has been plenty of talk and feedback about the umpires yesterday and their performance.

Can I just remind you that these umpires have names. And they have families. And their families should be absolutely ashamed.

So never forget their faces or their names because they are absolute shitc****

Fukc them all

Fukcwit number 1
View attachment 1692718

Fukcwit number 2
View attachment 1692719

Fukcwit number 3

View attachment 1692722
You make a good point. Given that Clarko is willing to learn from other codes, here is something for our supporters to reflect on from far flung Scotland;
  • Rangers fans send death threats to referees.
  • Rangers are the only British professional team not to concede a penalty this season
It's a bit more complicated than that. It was explained on SEN after 12 pm today, and much of the problem was by two North players coming off at the same time. Shiells had cramp and ran off at the same time that Powell (I think) was rotated off. In essence, Powell was the only player who should have come off and that would have been it for the day. Shiells was then instructed to go back on to "reverse" the extra rotation, but apparently two players went back on. Hence we were over the cap of 75 - or something similar to that.

Compounding matters was the fact that the people who were running this from the AFL's point of view took far too long to let the umpires know.

This is yet another instance of a badly put together rule. Clearly there has to be a penalty for exceeding the interchange cap. But an on field penalty is surely not appropriate, when it has such a heavy impact on the outcome of the game.

It should be a fine and a substantial one at that. We derived no on field benefit whatsoever from what was a very innocent error in my opinion. We were not trying to cheat, by say, having an extra man on the ground, which was, as I understand it, why the rule was introduced. In fact we were actually in a worse off position on field personnel wise, because we had 4 players (apparently) tied up while officials tried to sort things out.

The AFL should, but won't, change this rule, but imagine if a GF is decided in such farcical circumstances? The umpires would be lynched. (They could have been yesterday, but that was due to their game long display of total ineptitude.)
is there a definite view yet of where the ball was at the moment the infraction took place?

You make a good point. Given that Clarko is willing to learn from other codes, here is something for our supporters to reflect on from far flung Scotland;
  • Rangers fans send death threats to referees.
  • Rangers are the only British professional team not to concede a penalty this season

is there a definite view yet of where the ball was at the moment the infraction took place?
7 posted this, looks like same part of the ground:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Loss to Sydney - quite literally no words will adequately sum this up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back