Ricky Ponting coming up on 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that he was born in Tasi and lives in Sydney means crap. Dosnt change the fact that his a mad kangas surporter, and he has done a hell of a lot for this club. He is a true surporter that will follow the club where ever it goes.
What rubbish.

To say that someone is a true supporter because they will follow the club wherever it goes is insulting to all of the people who have loyally followed the NMFC here in Melbourne through all of its days, good, bad or indifferent, but who unlike Ponting do not have the wherewithal to travel to whatever location the club might be playing at in the future.

One of the great joys of this game is to be there at the venue and watch the contest first hand. Watching on TV is a very poor substitute for the first hand spectacle.

One of the major reasons why some board members are in favour of a relocation to the GC is that they too have the financial wherewithal to travel and watch the club live. Relocation for them will provide a solution to their doubtless constant difficulties in coping with the financial pressures, nevertheless it is a soft way out instead of giving all supporters a chance of trying to solve the financial problems.

Watching a relocated club live is not the domain of rank and file supporters who will be disenfranchised by a relocation.

I have no gripe with Ponting, but, please don't put him on a pedestal and call him a true supporter and by impliaction suggest that those who will not follow a relocated club are not true supporters. :thumbsdown:

What you need to understand is if you live in Sydney, or any other AFL state the Kangaroos only get a mention when they are playing the local team or there is a major drama. The Gold Coast does not even rate a mention in Adelaide so many interstate supporters who do not visit this forum probably do not even know of the clubs plight as we were told about moving to Canberra, being a second team in Sydney etc. Every year the roos are moving somewhere interstate if you believe the media. Its like the boy who cried wolf. For the record before you get stuck into me i have been a member for years and run a supporter group to attract new members

Mate, the joint has been a financial mess for 30+ years anyone that has blue and white blood knows this..

Spot on Horace. The history and heritage of our great club is the story of our struggle to care about something, and to find the energy and passion to survive. Our successes have been sweeter because they have been forged out of 138 years of impoverishment and determination.

Taking the money and running to the GC is against everything the Club stands for.

If your a true North Melbourne supporter you will see that staying in Melbourne is just not viable and a move is the only way the Kangaroos will survive - let remember Fitzroy here , there supporters don't have a club anymore.

If your a true North Melbourne supporter you will see that staying in Melbourne is just not viable and a move is the only way the Kangaroos will survive - let remember Fitzroy here , there supporters don't have a club anymore.

But that argument is for staying here. Fitzroy are supposed to have history up with the Brisbane Lions, but have been almost totally shafted.

That's what will happen with a GC team and the history of the NMFC.

We'd have no club anymore either if we move - our license will be handed over to Gold Coast. End of story.
I am a true North Melbourne supporter - Not a Gold Coast supporter.

Be interesting to find out how many other "Supporters" are on this forum who don't buy memberships and then are devestated that we might get re-located...Disgrace.:thumbsdown:

Wait a minute... are you calling me a disgrace?

I didn't realise that by buying a season membership, that is the only way I am allowed to feel any negative emotion about the relocation issue. I didn't see that on the list of member's benefits.

Firstly, any poster on this forum that knows me would be able to tell you that I am a fierce supporter of the club and have been incredibly outspoken on the GC issue. Secondly, you don't know my circumstances. I'm not going to explain myself to a frankly ill-mannered, ill-informed ass clown such as yourself. Just know this. I have been a member, for many years before relocating to Sydney. I will buy a membership next year, if not two. I have pledged to the current fundraiser happening on this very site as we speak. I have supported other clubs in their time of need.

Jesus, man. If the supporters of the club staying in Melbourne have to cop s*** from people like you who 'say' they feel the same way, what hope do we have?

Or is there more to your obvious troll then meets the eye?

Regardless, I'm fcukin' furious that my support of the club gets called into question, especially by some idiot I have never seen before:mad:

What you need to understand is if you live in Sydney, or any other AFL state the Kangaroos only get a mention when they are playing the local team or there is a major drama. The Gold Coast does not even rate a mention in Adelaide so many interstate supporters who do not visit this forum probably do not even know of the clubs plight as we were told about moving to Canberra, being a second team in Sydney etc. Every year the roos are moving somewhere interstate if you believe the media. Its like the boy who cried wolf. For the record before you get stuck into me i have been a member for years and run a supporter group to attract new members

I understand that sentiment Arch11, but I have lived in Sydney for only about five years, was a member before and a member for a couple of years before I got here. I have to say, the reason I stopped was purely financial, and I didn't see benefit for me joining apart from being just a number.

However, I still plunge money into the club where I can, particularly through The Roo Shop so all the money goes to the club. I feel thats a win-win.

But, your points about the Roos exposure in other markets are spot on... sometimes they won't even put a small write up of a game in the papers here.

Same here, what defines a true Supporter?

VB can you tell me what Defines a True Supporter?

To me its anyone that buys a membership goes to games and yells their lungs off.
To me a true supporter is anyone that buys a membership. and if they can get along to the game then do it. some members cant get to games because of travel or work but they still support the club financially with there membership.
Be interesting to find out how many other "Supporters" are on this forum who don't buy memberships and then are devestated that we might get re-located...Disgrace.:thumbsdown:
totally agree I have been a member for the last 14 years and in the last 3 years I have only been able to go to 3 games because of work, but that doesn't stop me buying my membership.
spot on Mark another realist good to see.

To me a true supporter is anyone that buys a membership. and if they can get along to the game then do it. some members cant get to games because of travel or work but they still support the club financially with there membership.

totally agree I have been a member for the last 14 years and in the last 3 years I have only been able to go to 3 games because of work, but that doesn't stop me buying my membership.

spot on Mark another realist good to see.

You cannot define a supporter in terms of whether they buy a membership. It's totally unreasonable. People have all sorts of reasons why they do and don't buy memberships. So, if a person who doesn't buy a membership is less of a supporter than one who does, does it follow that a coterie member is a stronger supporter than a standard season ticket holder? Of course not.

Getting on here and casting aspersions at people who say they are not currently a financial member of the club is pathetic.

I lived in London for 8 years, and wasn't a club member for any of them. But otherwise I've had a membership since I was 7, I followed the club voraciously while I was away, and I joined when I came home. Does this make me less of a supporter? No, it doesn't.

To my mind, the people round here who deserve to have their support questioned are the ones who have given up and have us shipped off to the Gold Coast. If you genuinely believe that option is the solution for the future of the club, I've got a nice bridge you could be interested in. Harbour views, slightly used.

No - 'disgrace' is Board members who continue to negotiate with the AFL, despite telling us to 'remove the word relocation from our vocabulary'. 'Disgrace' is a prominent and long standing board member (I'll give you a clue - personality of a damp tea towel) who tells a respected and hard-working supporter group that he is doing everything he can to save the club, it's the AFL who are forcing us to go, while arranging meetings with prominent shareholders to sort out the numbers for the relocation vote. 'Disgrace' is Andrew Demetriou conveniently forgetting which team it was which gave him a start in this game, and kicking us in the teeth verbally or otherwise every time he can. 'Disgrace' is hearing what's happening from Caroline Wilson, cause the club is too gutless to communicate with us directly.

Supporters who love the club can never be called a disgrace. Never. I want them all to buy tickets. And yes, membership numbers will matter and do matter. But to blame them is to completely ignore the absolutely 'disgraceful' decisions which have been taken by board members who are supposed to be the custodians of our great club. :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - 'disgrace' is Board members who continue to negotiate with the AFL, despite telling us to 'remove the word relocation from our vocabulary'. 'Disgrace' is a prominent and long standing board member (I'll give you a clue - personality of a damp tea towel) who tells a respected and hard-working supporter group that he is doing everything he can to save the club, it's the AFL who are forcing us to go, while arranging meetings with prominent shareholders to sort out the numbers for the relocation vote. 'Disgrace' is Andrew Demetriou conveniently forgetting which team it was which gave him a start in this game, and kicking us in the teeth verbally or otherwise every time he can. 'Disgrace' is hearing what's happening from Caroline Wilson, cause the club is too gutless to communicate with us directly.

Supporters who love the club can never be called a disgrace. Never. I want them all to buy tickets. And yes, membership numbers will matter and do matter. But to blame them is to completely ignore the absolutely 'disgraceful' decisions which have been taken by board members who are supposed to be the custodians of our great club. :mad:

True dat:cool:

And as usual, the lovely Kangalicious comes in and owns the trolls and nay sayers :thumbsu:

You cannot define a supporter in terms of whether they buy a membership. It's totally unreasonable. People have all sorts of reasons why they do and don't buy memberships. So, if a person who doesn't buy a membership is less of a supporter than one who does, does it follow that a coterie member is a stronger supporter than a standard season ticket holder? Of course not.

Getting on here and casting aspersions at people who say they are not currently a financial member of the club is pathetic.

I lived in London for 8 years, and wasn't a club member for any of them. But otherwise I've had a membership since I was 7, I followed the club voraciously while I was away, and I joined when I came home. Does this make me less of a supporter? No, it doesn't.

To my mind, the people round here who deserve to have their support questioned are the ones who have given up and have us shipped off to the Gold Coast. If you genuinely believe that option is the solution for the future of the club, I've got a nice bridge you could be interested in. Harbour views, slightly used.

I don't think you were here the time Geoff Walsh came on and slammed non-members? Shame.

I don't think you were here the time Geoff Walsh came on and slammed non-members? Shame.

Sorry, H2H, but what sort of smiley was that meant to have after it?

Oh, or was the shame part meant to say, "Shame you weren't here, KL?"? So she could have kicked Walsh's ass?

Sorry, H2H, but what sort of smiley was that meant to have after it?

Oh, or was the shame part meant to say, "Shame you weren't here, KL?"? So she could have kicked Walsh's ass?

Of COURSE that's what I meant. Walsh was appalling and this response would have been just the ticket.

Plus I would never ever say a Hinch "shame" to KL. Or anyone else, come to think of it, not really my style.

Of COURSE that's what I meant. Walsh was appalling and this response would have been just the ticket.

Plus I would never ever say a Hinch "shame" to KL. Or anyone else, come to think of it, not really my style.

Yeah, I guessed that, and I shouldn't have even said anything but, gee whiz, I'm still a little pissed and frazzled at some of the posters on here and their personal attacks...

Forgiveness, please, H2H for even looking like I was questioning your loveliness:eek::D

Yeah, I guessed that, and I shouldn't have even said anything but, gee whiz, I'm still a little pissed and frazzled at some of the posters on here and their personal attacks...

Forgiveness, please, H2H for even looking like I was questioning your loveliness:eek::D

As TFW reverses from her loveliness' virtual presence, virtually bowing, scraping and curtseying:D.

As TFW reverses from her loveliness' virtual presence, virtually bowing, scraping and curtseying:D.

You'd better believe it, Mr Reliable.

I am well versed in 'cyber grovelling':D

And saying that, in re-reading, I'm not too sure what I was apologising for. All I know, gotta keep those mods happy:thumbsu:

(TFW sends H2H a 'virtual kiss', Mr Reliable a 'virtual bird flip', then proceeds to ROFLHAO... realising that he is becoming a 'virtual fool' TFW takes back said 'virtual bird flip' and instead sends Mr Reliable a 'virtual pint of the finest cyber ale he can find'):D

You'd better believe it, Mr Reliable.

I am well versed in 'cyber grovelling':D

And saying that, in re-reading, I'm not too sure what I was apologising for. All I know, gotta keep those mods happy:thumbsu:

(TFW sends H2H a 'virtual kiss', Mr Reliable a 'virtual bird flip', then proceeds to ROFLHAO... realising that he is becoming a 'virtual fool' TFW takes back said 'virtual bird flip' and instead sends Mr Reliable a 'virtual pint of the finest cyber ale he can find'):D

Mmmm thanks. Very noice. Cheers!

anyone who buys a membership or if they are a coterie member are surporters of the club. Those that don't arn't.

Walsh may have been a grumpy, tactless, and easily irritated bastard, but in the end, he was right.

More members = survival in Melbourne.
Spot on.

VB, please post evidence of being a member from the very first day you chose to support Nth Melbourne until now.

I find you to be a tool.

I'll take that back with the requested evidence at my disposal:mad:

Walsh may have been a grumpy, tactless, and easily irritated bastard, but in the end, he was right.

More members = survival in Melbourne.

He was pointing the finger but should have been looking in the mirror. What did he do to grow the supporter base? Same as everything else our administration has done for far too long, nothing.

It stems back to our incompetent board, we found someone who could do the job in Easy but the AFL said they wouldn't give us any money if we didn't slash our spending to the point of being uncompetitive. Our club capitulated.

We then did a do-nothing decision to appoint Geoff, he was good at balancing the books but was out of his league for the job, he did nothing to grow the brand in Melbourne. Despite the club's incompetence we were still managing solid growth on the back of the supporters who had started supporting the club in the 90s.

Geoff leaves to do what he is meant to be doing for Collingwood and in the most critical decision for the club we appoint someone who has no experience in running any sporting organisation, no experience as a CEO and it is just another example of too many bad decisions made by our board, ie shareholders.

Our problem is the decision makers, they are ****ing useless and our only hope is to get rid of them, however, they have seen to it that it is next to impossible to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricky Ponting coming up on 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back