Riewoldt V Tredrea

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to laugh at tredrea - 15 marks & 1.5(couldn't be relied on to kick from 2m out directly in front of goal) a game but he has improved his kicking for goal out of sight and coupled with the fact that he sets up plenty, you'd have to say that he is the top forward in the comp and still has many very good years ahead of him.

Porthos said:
Cool, who were they against?

Teams that double and triple teamed him without Gehrig, one good team one bad.

Porthos said:
Wasn't that Melbourne match the one quoted earlier in this thread as showing why Riewoldt would be an amazing full forward?

Dunno, it was 3 years ago

Riewoldt because of his age, versatility, endurance etc is the most marketable player in the AFL.

However i believe tredrea is the better player because he plays the most important position on the ground as the key target up forward.

Riewoldt on the other hand plays as a glorified flanker while gehrig plays as the target.

Hodge_is_God said:
The arrogant blond one.

He showed in the Melbourne game that he'd be a fair chance of kicking 100 goals a season without Gehrig there. As it is, he gets through a mountain of work up the ground and still kills the opposition on the scoreboard.

Riewoldt now, and any time for the remainder of their careers.

BTW that Tredrea 4 time AA thing is a cop out - the best CHF's in the game since the nineties - Carey, Grant, etc were all pretty much past their best by 2001. Gun player, top 10 in the league, but i still reckon he's been over-rated in the course of his career due to the lack of other dominant CHF's in the game in the meantime.

Tredders is twice the player Grant ever was so please dont mention him in the same breath as Carey & Tredrea. Apparently Brown is the best player ever, yet Tredrea still has won the past 4 AA at CHF. Dont under-estimate or try and play down 4 AA CHF "titles", because ther is no competition, Tredrea, Brown & now Riewoldt are three very very good CHF, so the competion is pretty hot.

For mine Tredrea, but i'd also take Nick in a second, great player, may end up better than Tredders, lets hope not.

HTB Saints said:
I think they should ask the players of the AFL.

Wait a minute, they already did.

http://saints.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=172835

I reckon we should probably ask the coaches, i reckon they're more quailified than the players, a lot of players dont have the brains to tie their own shoelaces.

Oh hang on they did, i believe young Warren was voted Best player by the coaches.

Eago77 said:
I reckon we should probably ask the coaches, i reckon they're more quailified than the players, a lot of players dont have the brains to tie their own shoelaces.

Oh hang on they did, i believe young Warren was voted Best player by the coaches.

Yep. coaches would have more of an idea than the players would. Tredrea by a mile atm, but if Reivoldt has another couple good seasons he will make ground on Tredders.

Scotty

Eago77 said:

can't win, the blokes that play on Roo say he is the best but that's not good enough for some :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fireman said:
can't win, the blokes that play on Roo say he is the best but that's not good enough for some :rolleyes:

yeah but the players wont all know who is the best because how many times has Lloyd or Fevola or Spider played on Reivoldt or Tredrea? How can they then say they are the best when they have never played on them. The coaches on the other hand, though never playing on these players still have a better idea because they know who is the hardest player to match up on, and get to see the whole game not just when the ball is in one part of the ground.

Scotty

scotty13 said:
yeah but the players wont all know who is the best because how many times has Lloyd or Fevola or Spider played on Reivoldt or Tredrea? How can they then say they are the best when they have never played on them. The coaches on the other hand, though never playing on these players still have a better idea because they know who is the hardest player to match up on, and get to see the whole game not just when the ball is in one part of the ground.

Scotty
I would still prefer a vote from a bloke that played on me rather than the coach.
and the players no matter where they are on the ground apreciate another player. This vote has the maximum respect attached to it.

The Fireman said:
I would still prefer a vote from a bloke that played on me rather than the coach.
and the players no matter where they are on the ground apreciate another player. This vote has the maximum respect attached to it.

What and the coaches one doesnt??? i would judge both about equal in all honesty but for teh sake of this argument the coaches one is worth more ;) as the coaches choose the teams and if all bar a couple coaches rate Tredrea higher than every other player in the AFL for last season it has to mean something as they are the choosers of the team. If Reivoldt was better he would have got AA CHF and the coaches and players awards. He didnt.
Can you imagine what it would be like aswell if PAFC had a great FF as well as the best CHF in the comp. Im sure Tredrea would become even better. It will be interesting to see how Reivoldt plays once Gehrig is gone and opposition teams can focus on him alone and not a goal kicking machine.

Scotty

Pred said:
You're obviously not talking about grand finals.

How the Port tune has changed.

Tredrea hadn't even played in a final at the same career stage.

Kangaroos in 1999, Falchoon.

Yeah, just about. It was a Port vs Kangaroos game - what more can be said?

Should also point out that in 1999 he spent the whole year as our sole tall forward target apart from the resting ruck, due to trading Cummings in the 1998 offseason. He did bloody well.

Riewoldt is clearly enjoying much better support than Warren did at the same age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Riewoldt V Tredrea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back