Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the beard.
It's the wings...

prince-vultan-jpg.2052549

The kid is going to destroy backlines in the coming years, and will be our first million dollar player.
Then, once he is starting to dominate the forward line, Nick's will move him into the ruck.

Now out of interest, does any of the people who disagreed with us drafting him, or who didn't really rate him, what was it about him that you thought was lacking?

The kid is going to destroy backlines in the coming years, and will be our first million dollar player.
Then, once he is starting to dominate the forward line, Nick's will move him into the ruck.

Now out of interest, does any of the people who disagreed with us drafting him, or who didn't really rate him, what was it about him that you thought was lacking?
I had no knowledge to justify drafting or not drafting him.
However, as was a very common opinion here, his games showed somewhat of a lack of physicality. That seems to have been remedied since the beard. ;) All we asked for.

I had no knowledge to justify drafting or not drafting him.
However, as was a very common opinion here, his games showed somewhat of a lack of physicality. That seems to have been remedied since the beard. ;) All we asked for.
He was a skinny lanky kid. It's an illusion of the type. Have a look at Sam Darcy, he is a skinny twig and also doesn't look very physical.
Size and power is always gained after they are drafted. When you look at kids you look to see if they can do special things. Some recuiters will say that they only want to see two or three things a match that shows what they are capable of.

It's great to have the big fella back.
Really starting to use his strength and size.
But yesterday he got his hands on lots of marking contests, only to drop a few of them.
If he can just hold onto most of them, that would be super
When Riley is high pointing his marks there is very little a defender can do to stop it. He needs to keep improving his positioning on leads and it will soon all fall into place.

He was a skinny lanky kid. It's an illusion of the type. Have a look at Sam Darcy, he is a skinny twig and also doesn't look very physical.
Size and power is always gained after they are drafted. When you look at kids you look to see if they can do special things. Some recuiters will say that they only want to see two or three things a match that shows what they are capable of.
Riley was never a skinny, lanky kid, always had plenty of size especially on most kids from U16 - U18's weighed in at 100kg 201cm and last year before weights were a mo mo for AFL players he was 103kg. Sam Darcy atogether different.

Here;s footage from his draft year.

CROWS YOUNG GUN PENS NEW DEAL

ADELAIDE young gun Riley Thilthorpe has agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension to remain at the Crows until he becomes a free agent at the end of 2028.

The 2020 pick No.2 wasn’t out-of-contract until the end of next season, but has committed early after making an eye-catching return from knee surgery over the past five weeks.

Inside Trading revealed last month the Crows were in talks on the new deal.

The Crows were keen to extend the 200cm forward for even longer but can now turn their attention to a busy off-season ahead at West Lakes.

Thilthorpe signed a three-year extension halfway through his first season in 2021 and has now followed the lead of Sydney spearhead Logan McDonald – who was selected two picks after him – by signing through to free agency at the end of his eighth season.

The 22-year-old missed the first four months of the season after suffering a torn meniscus in a pre-season practice match against West Coast in March.

But since returning as the sub against St Kilda in round 18, Thilthorpe has kicked 11 goals in five appearances to emerge as one of the most exciting young key forwards in the AFL.

S8b9Kijm.jpg

00:56
Jul 13 2024

Returning Thilthorpe triumphs with winning double​

Riley Thilthorpe makes an immediate impact after being substituted into the contest with two crucial majors
Thilthorpe combined with Darcy Fogarty last weekend for seven majors in the win over the Western Bulldogs to build momentum into the off-season.

Adelaide has also offered key defender Mark Keane a significant long-term contract amid rival interest from not only Collingwood, but other Victorian clubs.

The Irishman signed a two-year contract extension in the week he made his first appearance for the Crows in the round 20 Showdown win over Port Adelaide.

Keane has clearly risen in value since then, playing 25 of 26 games to prove he can play regular senior football in a defensive key post.

The Crows' new offer might not be enough to prevent Keane from requesting a trade in October, but they haven't just let the situation ride, given the former Pie's form has exceeded the rookie contract he is playing on in 2024. – Josh Gabelich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CROWS YOUNG GUN PENS NEW DEAL

ADELAIDE young gun Riley Thilthorpe has agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension to remain at the Crows until he becomes a free agent at the end of 2028.

The 2020 pick No.2 wasn’t out-of-contract until the end of next season, but has committed early after making an eye-catching return from knee surgery over the past five weeks.

Inside Trading revealed last month the Crows were in talks on the new deal.

The Crows were keen to extend the 200cm forward for even longer but can now turn their attention to a busy off-season ahead at West Lakes.

Thilthorpe signed a three-year extension halfway through his first season in 2021 and has now followed the lead of Sydney spearhead Logan McDonald – who was selected two picks after him – by signing through to free agency at the end of his eighth season.

The 22-year-old missed the first four months of the season after suffering a torn meniscus in a pre-season practice match against West Coast in March.

But since returning as the sub against St Kilda in round 18, Thilthorpe has kicked 11 goals in five appearances to emerge as one of the most exciting young key forwards in the AFL.

S8b9Kijm.jpg

00:56
Jul 13 2024

Returning Thilthorpe triumphs with winning double​

Riley Thilthorpe makes an immediate impact after being substituted into the contest with two crucial majors
Thilthorpe combined with Darcy Fogarty last weekend for seven majors in the win over the Western Bulldogs to build momentum into the off-season.

Adelaide has also offered key defender Mark Keane a significant long-term contract amid rival interest from not only Collingwood, but other Victorian clubs.

The Irishman signed a two-year contract extension in the week he made his first appearance for the Crows in the round 20 Showdown win over Port Adelaide.

Keane has clearly risen in value since then, playing 25 of 26 games to prove he can play regular senior football in a defensive key post.

The Crows' new offer might not be enough to prevent Keane from requesting a trade in October, but they haven't just let the situation ride, given the former Pie's form has exceeded the rookie contract he is playing on in 2024. – Josh Gabelich
Get out of my * way, I am Riley *** Thilthorpe.

About to rip the competition a new one. Very confident he is elite, along with unquestioned Dawson and Rankine. Need 3-4 of the other potential elites - Curtin, Rachele, Max, Murray, The Fog, Worrell, pick 4 to join them as AA calibre type players.

Thats the basis of a premiership team:

• 6-7 or more elite players (could make AA team most years)
  • good supporting quality players as support (Hinge, Soligo, Pedlar, Nank, Dowling, Keane, Welsh, ANB, injury free Milera, hopefully one or more of Edwards/Ryan/Cook)
  • lack of true duds (Murph, McH. Sholl has removed himself from this category this year IMO

Anyone suggesting we need another full rebuild sees things very differently to me. One of the youngest most inexperienced teams who most weeks (2-3 exceptions all year with lots of injuries) can take it up to any team.

Get out of my * way, I am Riley *** Thilthorpe.

About to rip the competition a new one. Very confident he is elite, along with unquestioned Dawson and Rankine. Need 3-4 of the other potential elites - Curtin, Rachele, Max, Murray, The Fog, Worrell, pick 4 to join them as AA calibre type players.

Thats the basis of a premiership team:

• 6-7 or more elite players (could make AA team most years)
  • good supporting quality players as support (Hinge, Soligo, Pedlar, Nank, Dowling, Keane, Welsh, ANB, injury free Milera, hopefully one or more of Edwards/Ryan/Cook)
  • lack of true duds (Murph, McH. Sholl has removed himself from this category this year IMO

Anyone suggesting we need another full rebuild sees things very differently to me. One of the youngest most inexperienced teams who most weeks (2-3 exceptions all year with lots of injuries) can take it up to any team.
Which is why I go hard on Nicks - I can see what you see but I struggle to see Nicks lift the Premiership Cup on GF day - would love to be Alan Scott wrong but I doubt it

So lets say we get Luko as well.

Do you reckon that TT can teach him to... also grow a big beard?
nah he doesn't need that

we have:
the beared thilthorpe
the mow moustache Fogarty

should we get clean shaven Luko or a Tattooed one?

Soligo has the mullet
rachele has the no1 cut

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back