Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news!

Really odd!!! We just announced an extension a few months ago and now a longer contract. This proves our list management have no idea at all. Such yo-yoing is ridiculous and just shows the rest of the competition that we are an awfully run club.
On a side note, why wouldn’t we hold on to the salary to attack the free agency in the next few years? Hes an Adelaide boy who won’t ever leave unless we do something stupid.

I’m really happy he’s signed on for longer but questions need to be asked about our staffs incompetence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really odd!!! We just announced an extension a few months ago and now a longer contract. This proves our list management have no idea at all. Such yo-yoing is ridiculous and just shows the rest of the competition that we are an awfully run club.
On a side note, why wouldn’t we hold on to the salary to attack the free agency in the next few years? Hes an Adelaide boy who won’t ever leave unless we do something stupid.

I’m really happy he’s signed on for longer but questions need to be asked about our staffs incompetence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hold on to what salary? He gets paid regardless of if it's announced or not.
I'm happy for the club to extend him. We have other tall forwards like Mac Andrew getting offers like 1.5m for 8 years, and then we have a loyal kid every bit as good, who isn't going to get paid that much. All for it.

Adelaide key forward Riley Thilthorpe has signed a new contract until the end of 2028.
The former No. 2 draft pick was contracted for next season but the Crows have extended one of their brightest young talents.

While he missed much of the 2024 campaign, after a knee injury in the final moments of the Crows’ last pre-season game, a bulked-up Thilthorpe showed why many at West Lakes were predicting a breakout campaign when he did return to the side.

He kicked 15 goals from seven games, with 2025 looking like a massive year for the 22-year-old if he can stay injury free.

“It (injury) was obviously pretty unfortunate but I wouldn’t change anything, I learnt so much about myself during that time and watching from the outside I saw a different perspective of the footy club and how it works,” Thilthorpe said after re-signing

“It brought me back to a better spot post the knee injury where I’m really happy.

“I can’t wait for pre-season, I feel like I was just starting to get going at the back end of this year so I’m excited for a full year and see how we go.

“I believe in the group and believe we’re going to do some good things in the future so I’m really excited about signing on.

“We have a really good culture and a lot of boys signing on just shows that.

“I can’t wait for pre-season, I feel like I was just starting to get going at the back end of this year so I’m excited for a full year and see how we go.”
It comes as premiership Demon Alex Neal-Bullen officially informed the club of his desire to be traded to West Lakes next year on Monday.

Melbourne will attempt to secure a quality pick for the hard-running half forward, who is not only an exceptional character, but does a power of work surging up and back and will help the Adelaide forward line function.

That forward line might be unrecognisable in 2025 with the Crows leading the race to land Gold Coast’s Jack Lukosius, if he leaves, while they’ve also shown interest in his Suns’ teammate Malcolm Rosas.

Pretty much the perfect return to football from Riley.

7 games - 15 goals and averaging 1.6 contested marks and 2.7 MI50 and got through them unscathed. Was a massive improvement on 2023 when he kicked 18 goals from 21 games.

If he gets through the preseason healthy - he will be primed to absolutely dominate next year.

It would be an absolute travesty to waste this guy in the Ruck.

Guy will kick 50+ next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back