Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

If you listen to blighty on the whole he’s getting past it.
Wouldn’t put too much stock in what he says these days.

Also based on his comments I don’t get the impression that he is following the footy all that closely. Wouldn’t be surprised if the average punter on here watches more games and looks at more analysis than he does.

Not saying he has to, but if you want to come across as an expert analysis I’d like you to be coming up with things I don’t already know.

CROWS TO GO LONG-TERM ON GUN FORWARD

ADELAIDE has offered Riley Thilthorpe a new contract that will lock the young key forward in at the Crows until he becomes a free agent in 2028.

The Crows are currently working on a three-year extension with the 2020 No.2 pick and are hoping to finalise the deal in the coming weeks.

Thilthorpe signed a three-year deal halfway through his first season in 2021 that doesn't expire until the end of next season.

But after making a successful return from pre-season knee surgery across the past fortnight, Thilthorpe is set to join Sydney young gun Logan McDonald – who was another key forward selected in 2020 – in signing through to free agency.
The 22-year-old kicked two goals in last Friday night's come-from-behind win over Essendon at Marvel Stadium, following two in the final quarter of his return against St Kilda after starting as the sub.

Adelaide is yet to make a decision on the future of veteran key forward Taylor Walker.

The 34-year-old wants to play on with the Crows in 2025 but has been limited by a back injury in recent months, kicking 21 goals from 14 appearances after booting a career-best 76 last season. – Josh Gabelich

I'm not convinced he should be playing ATM. His movement, particularly laterally, looks shocking.

Surely we put him on ice for the rest of the year.

Shocking is harsh. Hasn’t got the same movement he had pre injury but it’s still above average for a guy his size.

However, the only way to get that back is to build strength in his knee back up. He can do all the gym sessions he wants but nothing is gonna get his body prepared for AFL footy as well as playing AFL footy. If they’re confident he’s not at a significant risk of re injuring then letting him play this last block of dead rubbers is just what he needs to hit the ground running next season.

Getting hands to the ball but not sticking them. Still finding touch.

I think he needs to play, otherwise he goes 18 months without football
Yeah, we just need to get games into Thilthorpe as the best lead into next season.

Same goes for Murray & Worrell if we are confident Muzz is over his injury.

His poor mobility post injury is in line with the severity of his injury. There is a chance he will have ongoing issues as he gets older. Of course it’s early days. So fingers crossed he progresses into the player we hope he can be.

Timing still seems slightly off, running under a lot of balls, understandable after a long lay off. Look out though once he strings together a run of games. Bloke is a monster that no defender would want a part of.

Definitely moving a lot better than last week, also had more minutes in the ruck and looked very good. He still dropped a few marks after getting first hand to them, wait until he start to mark them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment we are only seeing glimpses of what this boy could become.
Just needs to play out the season to prepare for a huge 2026.

Good to see him getting back his marking touch.

Timing still seems slightly off, running under a lot of balls, understandable after a long lay off. Look out though once he strings together a run of games. Bloke is a monster that no defender would want a part of.

Honestly lighten up if you have anything negative to say about tonight.

Absolutely monstering some of the biggest defenders in the comp. Imagine what he can do with a full pre season.

I’m as frustrated as anyone with the clubs drafting but this bloke is an absolute hit.

What i do really like about him is when he is clunking marks he is taking them at the highest point and with his height it makes him a real tough one to control

At times it looks like he's playing against kids such is his size and power. Love him, the fact he's willing to give it to the crowd as well just makes me love him more.
Like a skillfull Charlie Dixon.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back