Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmmm .. have watched this more than once

our next elite player. Has it all for a big man:

• clunking marks will be the number one attribute needed to take us a long way. agree running on to the ball is his best marking currently but with upper body strength greatly improved loved seeing him 'bench press' the Saints FB the other week in the one on one
  • very accurate kick overall - including at goal inc from outside 50 on the weekend
  • skill level is AMAZING inc deft touches/knock ons and ability to ONE GRAB (Murph please take note) the loose ball and find a good option with it
  • footy smarts and vision (quick kick to Tex in a better posn in highlights)
  • great endurance
  • flexibility to help as second ruck when needed
  • Seems to have some mongrel and real confidence/attitude 'Get the ** out of my way, I am Riley ***** Thilthorpe'

Love the Big Fella and lets hope he stays injury free and rips the competition a new one next year

• clunking marks will be the number one attribute needed to take us a long way. agree running on to the ball is his best marking currently but with upper body strength greatly improved loved seeing him 'bench press' the Saints FB the other week in the one on one
  • very accurate kick overall - including at goal inc from outside 50 on the weekend
  • skill level is AMAZING inc deft touches/knock ons and ability to ONE GRAB (Murph please take note) the loose ball and find a good option with it
  • great endurance
  • Seems to have some mongrel and real confidence/attitude 'Get the ** out of my way, I am Riley ***** Thilthorpe'

Love the Big Fella and lets hope he stays injury free and rips the competition a new one next year
Need a midfield to kick it to him or he won’t get enough supply to win games.

Dixon at his peak was skillful, just not at all athletic.
Dixon always had a very good left foot in field play - and accurate set shot for goal without checking stats - but his marking often let him down (getting hand to ball but not completing mark). injuries have cruelled him alot and agree has contributed to lower athletic make up relative to TT

Dixon always had a very good left foot in field play - and accurate set shot for goal without checking stats - but his marking often let him down (getting hand to ball but not completing mark). injuries have cruelled him alot and agree has contributed to lower athletic make up relative to TT
Was he the one that they discovered needed contacts half way through his port career?

• great endurance

This is more like I want to see

Like a skillfull Charlie Dixon.

Unfortunately he lacks Dixon's elite ability to "bring the ball to ground."

This is of course because he marks the ball instead, but still.

TT's ground ball work is nuts for a big dude.

How is it even possible that TT is 201cm but moves likes he's 185cm. Meanwhile ROB is 202cm but moves like a diplodocus.

Love this. Seemed a little timid in the early days but very much acts like it's his turf now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TT's ground ball work is nuts for a big dude.

How is it even possible that TT is 201cm but moves likes he's 185cm. Meanwhile ROB is 202cm but moves like a diplodocus.

Love this. Seemed a little timid in the early days but very much acts like it's his turf now.
yeah he has got that strut dominant champion forwards have. Carey, Ablett Snr, Lockett in the past all had that strut of confidence (arrogance?) about them and I feel TT is showing some of this at a pretty early stage it must be said. Talk the talk, walk the walk but he has ALL the tools to be a dominant player for us going forward. Those highlights after only 9 previous quarters of footy this year get me pretty pumped for next year.

and agree 100% re ground ball work. Good talent judges on here when we drafted him called him a '200cm wingman' and he literally does have the ball skills, awareness and decision making in close that is VERY unusual for a 200cm player

Exciting times ahead and looking at a pretty decent $ extension I imagine in the new contract they are talking about taking him to FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back